Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Evening Tiggs,

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
should i tell everyone that before you edited that post you had typed that we had been married for 4 years
has the time flown by or are you trying to block it out

I'm sure it's a man thing - they don't do anniversaries!

you would think he would be quiet wouldnt you?! however i can safely say this is not the case!

PMSL. Must be fun in your house.

nooo not more diy
you are a braver man that i - i couldnt face any more at least for a while!

That's what I say too!

How has everyones day been? I have spent the whole time in the kitchen baking - i remember now that i never did fancy catering as a career
What have you been baking? Anything yummy? At least you can use up all those odds and ends of food you can't take with you! Pilchard and marmalade roll anyone?

Hope you have a great time tomorrow!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi peeps

Not been around a couple of days been hob nobbing !! well drinking lots of wine and making an arse of myself if truth be told.

I have just realised today we are going to OZ !! its an amazing feeling. I also relaised that when we go in Nov next yr we will have to get 2 jobs sort accomodation and arrange a wedding we r getting married in Kings park in April ekkkkkkkkkk.

For now all is well here, buyers said should complete between the 26th and 30th. Rental company approved our rental to move in the 10th Dec. Thats only a few weeks away so shall be spending a week at parents !! such fun lol

Hope everyone is well

A X
Evening Amanda,

All sounds great on the house selling front! Fingers crossed that it all goes to plan. Can you survive a fortnight with the almas? (I couldn't! LOL.)

Congratulations on your wedding! How wonderful. You have to invite us all.

Sounds like you have been having fun - anything you can tell us about on a public forum?
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening Amanda,

All sounds great on the house selling front! Fingers crossed that it all goes to plan. Can you survive a fortnight with the almas? (I couldn't! LOL.)

Congratulations on your wedding! How wonderful. You have to invite us all.

Sounds like you have been having fun - anything you can tell us about on a public forum?
Erm just got slighlty hammered last night at a function full of ars* hol** it amzes me that people who earn 100's thousands of pounds can be so rude. The food looked amazing and peole elbowed me in the side so I couldnt get any rude sods! So I topped up my wine, 3 glasses of white 1 glass of red, 2 pints of cider 2 malibus and coke and a sneaky snog with my Phil in the car on the way home I was happy. Not at 6am I wasnt NO I have been to work all day looking like cack but I dont care I wanted to celebrate !!!

Im thinking when the wedding comes up a few invites shall be going out it is a public park anyway so anyone could come lol !!!!

A xx
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:56 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Evening Tiggs,

What have you been baking? Anything yummy? At least you can use up all those odds and ends of food you can't take with you! Pilchard and marmalade roll anyone?

Hope you have a great time tomorrow!
evening
i seem to have made an awful lot of cornbeef and potato pie
just trying to get a head start for tomorrow so anything that could be cooked today has been - although i now have a problem that there is NO WAY my very large pan of carrot soup is going to fit in the fridge
graz suggested that i knock on one of the neighbours doors and ask them if they have any space in their fridge

(between you and me i still have an awful lot of sweet mincemeat in jars in my cupboard - definitely need to try and use up some of that - just dont tell anyone otherwise they are all going to make excuses not to come )
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:59 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Erm just got slighlty hammered last night at a function full of ars* hol** it amzes me that people who earn 100's thousands of pounds can be so rude. The food looked amazing and peole elbowed me in the side so I couldnt get any rude sods! So I topped up my wine, 3 glasses of white 1 glass of red, 2 pints of cider 2 malibus and coke and a sneaky snog with my Phil in the car on the way home I was happy. Not at 6am I wasnt NO I have been to work all day looking like cack but I dont care I wanted to celebrate !!!

Im thinking when the wedding comes up a few invites shall be going out it is a public park anyway so anyone could come lol !!!!

A xx
now see this is just not on - one of my best mates is getting married in march and i cant go, now amanda and phil are getting hitched and i am not going to be able to go to that either
... and all i want to do is have an excuse to wear a really fancy hat (i LOVE hats and i NEVER get an opportunity to go hat shopping )

dont forget to tell us all about the plans and the wedding - you know how much we like being nosey on this thread
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Im thinking when the wedding comes up a few invites shall be going out it is a public park anyway so anyone could come

A xx
Ah, the no dinner and plenty of wine scenario! I hope your head feels better tomorrow! Sounds like you had fun and celebrated the visa anyway!

I remember going out for a meal once with a group of friends - meeting up in the pub first. Somehow we never got out of the pub and I can tell you now that peanuts and olives DO NOT line your stomach and are disgusting in reverse!

evening
i seem to have made an awful lot of cornbeef and potato pie
just trying to get a head start for tomorrow so anything that could be cooked today has been - although i now have a problem that there is NO WAY my very large pan of carrot soup is going to fit in the fridge
graz suggested that i knock on one of the neighbours doors and ask them if they have any space in their fridge

(between you and me i still have an awful lot of sweet mincemeat in jars in my cupboard - definitely need to try and use up some of that - just dont tell anyone otherwise they are all going to make excuses not to come )
Sounds like you have been very busy! It's very cold tonight - put the soup in the boot of the car - and all the booze - it'll keep nice and chilled!

You could give everyone the home made mince meat as Christmas presents!!

now see this is just not on - one of my best mates is getting married in march and i cant go, now amanda and phil are getting hitched and i am not going to be able to go to that either
... and all i want to do is have an excuse to wear a really fancy hat (i LOVE hats and i NEVER get an opportunity to go hat shopping )

dont forget to tell us all about the plans and the wedding - you know how much we like being nosey on this thread
PMSL. I thought Amanda meant that the wedding was in Oz?? So we can all gate crash! Maybe I'm wrong??

I'd love to see you in a hat!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:00 am
sneaking a peek ...

Sounds like you have been very busy! It's very cold tonight - put the soup in the boot of the car - and all the booze - it'll keep nice and chilled!

You could give everyone the home made mince meat as Christmas presents!!

PMSL. I thought Amanda meant that the wedding was in Oz?? So we can all gate crash! Maybe I'm wrong??

I'd love to see you in a hat!
just been around to my neighbours - she now has a very large pan of carrot soup and about 60 chicken legs in her fridge - her dogs thought i was santa arriving early

did amanda mean the wedding was in oz? did i completley miss read the post? i will go back and read it again - although in my current mental state i might not work it out even from a second reading

i love hats
i think everyone should wear a hat as often as possibly - if i had a time machine i would go back just so i could live in a time where you had to have a hat to go out ... the 50s would suit me fine - these are fab!
(i wonder if i can still get that pattern )
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-a64463a5ae27d9b0212e11cbeff2487a.image.250x224.jpg   Whinging Pom House seller-wedding_hat_pattern.jpg   Whinging Pom House seller-1955makeupnailwom.jpg  
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:02 am
sneaking a peek ...

yup re-read amandas post and she definitely meant in oz - i think i need some sleep
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

just been around to my neighbours - she now has a very large pan of carrot soup and about 60 chicken legs in her fridge - her dogs thought i was santa arriving early

Hope he can't open the fridge!

did amanda mean the wedding was in oz? did i completley miss read the post? i will go back and read it again - although in my current mental state i might not work it out even from a second reading

i love hats
i think everyone should wear a hat as often as possibly - if i had a time machine i would go back just so i could live in a time where you had to have a hat to go out ... the 50s would suit me fine - these are fab!
(i wonder if i can still get that pattern )
Nice hats! You're moving to the right place - you can wear a hat most days! I have a psychedlic Puccini style wide brimmed hat which I wore there - don't think it would be your style though! Not very 50s!

yup re-read amandas post and she definitely meant in oz - i think i need some sleep
So we can gatecrash then! If i read it right, she is getting married in April 09.

You have every right to be tired, sounds like you've had a very busy day after months of stress and organisation! Tomorrow should be a great release.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:26 am
sneaking a peek ...

Nice hats! You're moving to the right place - you can wear a hat most days! I have a psychedlic Puccini style wide brimmed hat which I wore there - don't think it would be your style though! Not very 50s!

So we can gatecrash then! If i read it right, she is getting married in April 09.

You have every right to be tired, sounds like you've had a very busy day after months of stress and organisation! Tomorrow should be a great release.
i am rather partial to shoes as well - is this a good time to mention shoes?

yup it is a date then - together we are crashing amanda and phils wedding (they are not going to tell us the date now are they )

tomorrow afternoon should be fine - tomorrow morning i am back to the kitchen to do more cooking
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:32 am
sneaking a peek ...

its no good - i had to look

these are fab!
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-shoes.jpg  
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i am rather partial to shoes as well - is this a good time to mention shoes?

yup it is a date then - together we are crashing amanda and phils wedding (they are not going to tell us the date now are they )

tomorrow afternoon should be fine - tomorrow morning i am back to the kitchen to do more cooking
Now shoes I like a lot! Don't know how I'm going to get mine there? So many..................

My only problem is that I have big feet, so I can't wear dainty shoes, (or even get into them). Please do not tell me that you have size 3 feet. I always wanted tiny dainty feet and may have to kill you!

I am also queen of high heels. Everyone I know is convinced I am really tall because I always wear high heels. I even have high heeled walking boots!

We've got a date to gatecrash Amandas wedding then! Do you think she'll ever come on here again in case we find her?

My cousin is getting married in Sydney in March. We may not be able to get there, (visa, house, general crap) So you can buy a hat and go in my place! They wouldn't notice!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its no good - i had to look

these are fab!
Mmm they are lovely!! Just my cup of tea!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:48 am
sneaking a peek ...

Mmm they are lovely!! Just my cup of tea!
no i dont have size 3 feet

they are a 4 ...........sorry
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:52 am
sneaking a peek ...

My cousin is getting married in Sydney in March. We may not be able to get there, (visa, house, general crap) So you can buy a hat and go in my place! They wouldn't notice!

... i suppose it it time to confess about the handbags now isnt it

it took me ages to find a bag i liked for the flight - but i only got sidetracked and bought one extra handbag (and maybe a rather sexy purse too ) while i was out shopping

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.