Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whinging Pom House seller

I have joined the legions that have gone before having a whinge about house selling...

House almost on market, no formal instruction to any agent yet...... estate agent begs a one off, single viewer contract as they believe they can sell it to couple who are desparate to buy in our street... 1.25% and only tied into this particualar couple... free to instruct a n other agent immediately only pay this agent if we sell to THIS couple...

sends them round to view, they spend 3/4 hour of my precious packing time telling me what they would do my MY house if they were to buy it

Then tell me they would like to see it when it is finished!

Everything is done apart from some packing and a hallway/stairs carpet.... what the Heck is that about?

And why tell me what their plans are?

Grrrrrrrrrr:curse:

They knew it wasn't finished, which is why it is not officially on the market yet... what kind of muppets are they? or the agent for wasting my time?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by eddie007
I have joined the legions that have gone before having a whinge about house selling...

House almost on market, no formal instruction to any agent yet...... estate agent begs a one off, single viewer contract as they believe they can sell it to couple who are desparate to buy in our street... 1.25% and only tied into this particualar couple... free to instruct a n other agent immediately only pay this agent if we sell to THIS couple...

sends them round to view, they spend 3/4 hour of my precious packing time telling me what they would do my MY house if they were to buy it

Everything is done apart from some packing and a hallway/stairs carpet.... what the Heck is that about?

They knew it wasn't finished, which is why it is not officially on the market yet... what kind of muppets are they? or the agent for wasting my time?
GRRRRRRR - agents are losers - need I say more?
Good luck with it - game is full of timewasters and nosey parkers.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:03 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

ooh dont get me started on estate agents! :curse:
cant wait to see this weeks newspaper advertising after last week - when our house details had the wrong picture and our house photo was on someone elses details!

needless to say we didnt get any viewings with that piece of advertising!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

:curse: Im with you on the Estate Agents being complete waste of money. I was IN for one of the viewings but asked agent to do it anyway!!! :curse:
i took over half way through as he hadnt even opened the back door to show off a rather large laundry area and then big built on storage shed!!! :curse:
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
:curse: Im with you on the Estate Agents being complete waste of money.

Oi you............. shurrup! Thank you very much

It's 20 past 4 am........... you've upset me.

I'm off to bed..........
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Oi you............. shurrup! Thank you very much

It's 20 past 4 am........... you've upset me.

I'm off to bed..........

Dont be daft!! I said ESTATE agents and your not an ESTATE agent - you are a REAL estate agent!! There is a huge difference you know!! REAL estate agents are gorgeous wonderful lovely people
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with REAL estate agents... its the muppets I cannot stand...

I suppose most of us believe that itnis a job we could do, and do better than those who do it... and think that it is money for old rope... after al;l person who wants to but house... meet person who wants to sell house = £3,000 in pocket...

I KNOW its not like that really, but sometimes I despair, and sometimes I am deeply envious of estate agents, I love other peoples houses, I can always see the best in them...

some of my best friends are estate agents, honest!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have no problem with REAL estate agents... its the muppets I cannot stand...

I suppose most of us believe that itnis a job we could do, and do better than those who do it... and think that it is money for old rope... after al;l person who wants to but house... meet person who wants to sell house = £3,000 in pocket...

I KNOW its not like that really, but sometimes I despair, and sometimes I am deeply envious of estate agents, I love other peoples houses, I can always see the best in them...

some of my best friends are estate agents, honest!
Mine too I love REAL estate agents (can we have a big fat foot in mouth smilie please cos im always doing it )
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the muppets put in an offer of 20k less than valuation... which I politely declined....

then tonight they 'popped round' without the agent and offered another 5k and and they suggested cutting out the agent by getting a partner to buy it, thus saving anoth 3-4k!

would you do business with people like that?

even if they can complete in 4 weeks

and have cash

and we go next sunday

I said no

but don't really know if I would have said no if they had offered nearer the price....

Its easy to be moral when the offer is poor, I'm wondering if I would have been so anti if it had been 5k less... don't know if I could do that, its not right and not how I want to start my new life down under... by conning some estate agent out of their fee...
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

the muppets put in an offer of 20k less than valuation... which I politely declined....

then tonight they 'popped round' without the agent and offered another 5k and and they suggested cutting out the agent by getting a partner to buy it, thus saving anoth 3-4k!

and have cash

and we go next sunday

I said no

but don't really know if I would have said no if they had offered nearer the price....

Its easy to be moral when the offer is poor, I'm wondering if I would have been so anti if it had been 5k less... don't know if I could do that, its not right and not how I want to start my new life down under... by conning some estate agent out of their fee...
Right attitude......... what goes around comes around?

You're destined to do very well in whatever you do!!

Best of luck to you.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:28 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

and have cash

and we go next sunday

I said no

Not only do i think you did the right thing - but i also think you should mention it to the estate agent.

K to you for being a nice person
EDIT: i cant send you any Karma - apparently i have to 'spread it around' first! I will try to remember to send it later!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ta for the virtual karma... tastes almost as good as the real thing

I'm keeping the info to myself right now as I have their number and could ask them to put the offer through the agent IF I GET DESPARATE.... I know all about burning bridges... I'm very good at that..
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

ta for the virtual karma... tastes almost as good as the real thing

I'm keeping the info to myself right now as I have their number and could ask them to put the offer through the agent IF I GET DESPARATE.... I know all about burning bridges... I'm very good at that..
It sound like it might be slightly above their price threshhold. If you do decide to go with them ask for a non refundable deposit as they seem the type to get you to drop at the last minute or will pull out. I hate the UK system.

Jo
Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by joho
It sound like it might be slightly above their price threshhold. If you do decide to go with them ask for a non refundable deposit as they seem the type to get you to drop at the last minute or will pull out. I hate the UK system.

Jo
We can only ask for a deposit on exchange.... so I iunderstand... as for price threshold... these people are investment/ buy to rent who want to get into the local market before it takes off becasue of the University which is being built 300 yards away...

I'm really thinking that it may well not be such a good idea to sell as we are PERFECT position as far as location goes... but then we wouldn't be able to buy in Aus and we would get all the crap that goes with renting out property... from the other side of the world... don't want or need the stress.. Our Ozzie dream does not include that kind of pressure

The EA phoned yesterday and we discussed the sending around buyers who do not meet our buyer profile. They admitted that the recent viewers have a history of viewing 100s of properties, putting in ridiculous offers and snapping up bargains when and where they can... with the cash up front they are attractive buyers to many people desparate to get out of their houses... I have suggested in words of one syllabal that they are NOT to introduce people like that again.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

G'day possums!
Does anyone have any experience of this bunch, they just been on the tv and sounds a little too good to be true

http://www.ukhousingalliance.co.uk/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.