Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:55 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
I really hope these are the one's. This thread really needs some good news posted again.

Just spent all morning cleaning for new photos to be taken. I HATE IT
Nobody in my family thinks the house ever looks a mess except me. They all just walk over stuff on the floor and leave everything out when they use it. Who do they bloody think cleans it up??

Will be sending positive vibes your way.

Nicky xx
We certainly all need cheering up don't we.

I hate cleaning as well. My kids don't get what "put it away" means. No, it doesn't mean sling it under or on the bed.

Originally Posted by maisey
There is a cleaning fairy in most houses of course who magically does all the picking up, washing, ironing and hoovering.
Yeah, wish I had wings though so I could fly out of here.

Drives you mad doesn't it. Wouldn't mind but I don't have young children, youngest is 17
At least mine are only 7 and 5.

Originally Posted by tum
Good luck everyone with the new EA's, viewings and cleaning

Yesterday afternoon we got a call from our EA saying that the lady who came by last Wednesday wants to have a second look. OH my g*d, we've never had anyone coming by for seconds. And she wanted to know how long it would be before she could move in IF she bought it because she wanted it fairly quickly! My OH told the EA we could move in a weeks time if necessary (we'll just chuck everything in garages everywhere) and our EA translated that into, we'll the sellers are really flexible so no worries! Could this be the one? I'm getting all nervous, I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. Pfew, if she decides she's not going to buy it will really hit me hard I guess.

Hi FA, take your time hun, but don't take too long, we all miss you xx
Sounds very promising M. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Originally Posted by THORPES
Hello
I have been following this thread every day but not posted very often as nothing is happening with our house.
We did have a viewer on Friday. They were 1st time buyers with a mortgage in place. They said they loved the house and all the family live near by. He had a builder friend drive by to see if possible to knock down our garage and extend on the side of the house. He was pleased because it is possible. After they left we felt very positive and was sure they were going to put an offer in. Its now Tuesday and we have heard nothing. EA said they have left 2 messages for them and will keep us posted.
I just wish we could get some feedback as not knowing is stressful.

Ps: Nickywes, you have a beautiful house. I had a nosey at your classified's
It's so annoying when you dare to think positively and you don't even get feedback. Hope they come back to you soon.

7pm is viewing time. So just enough time to do some last minute polishing, picking up bits of sock fluff, picking up children's toys.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:56 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
We certainly all need cheering up don't we.

I hate cleaning as well. My kids don't get what "put it away" means. No, it doesn't mean sling it under or on the bed.

Yeah, wish I had wings though so I could fly out of here.

At least mine are only 7 and 5.

Sounds very promising M. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

It's so annoying when you dare to think positively and you don't even get feedback. Hope they come back to you soon.

7pm is viewing time. So just enough time to do some last minute polishing, picking up bits of sock fluff, picking up children's toys.
Hey , good luck at 7
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:00 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hey , good luck at 7
Thanks, think I might need some luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:51 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, think I might need some luck.
How did it go O2O?

New agent came round today and sound quite hopeful. Got them down to
.85% which I don't think is too bad. Got to wait 2 weeks though because of giving notice to old EA yesterday. We will see.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:10 am
aka bunja

How did it go O2O?

New agent came round today and sound quite hopeful. Got them down to
.85% which I don't think is too bad. Got to wait 2 weeks though because of giving notice to old EA yesterday. We will see.
Who knows. I've given up trying to second guess viewers. But he was here for about 40 minutes. He also said that it's a lovely house so fingers crossed.

He's got a property in Portsmouth which is currently on the market.

Unfortunately dd did a massive poo which stank just before he turned up.

Good luck with your new EA. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:12 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Who knows. I've given up trying to second guess viewers. But he was here for about 40 minutes. He also said that it's a lovely house so fingers crossed.

well fingers crossed again ,,, sorry to hear of the poo .....
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

well it looks like a lot of you are having a lot of viewings, fingers crossed for decent offers

good luck with everyone changing EA's, it has to produce some viewers

well a little update from me-- still had no viewings, new EA starts on the 1st May so fingers crossed it will help. Only other problem is the house joined on to our's has just been put on the market and quess what it 13k cheaper
Well it has been reproposed, looks like that house is going to sell before mine, just hope it hurry up though!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has done this before -- im thinking of contacting local EA offices and asking them if they want to send people round for viewings, i don't want to sign with them but if any of their viewers make an offer and it is excepted i will pay them the money for selling my house either as an individual or company, so what do you all think?

really don't know what to do at the minute
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Ooh my son done that the other day too when we had viewers due but at 17 you would think he would know how to flush it by now, lucky I checked just before they got here

A 40 minute viewing sounds hopeful good luck.

Nothing for us drop £5k and are in the paper with both agents again. 'House of the week' again but I think that is cos the agent is to scared to change it EA has said I could come in and call out on my house myself, think I might call his bluff and do it That'll teach him
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Always do the toilet check with brush in hand (toilet brush that is!!!) before potential buyers.
We are really fed up now house on in Jan for £349 950 after several reductions and loads of viewings later we bit the bullet yesterday and thought 'what the hell we need to go before Oct' so we took it down for the last time to £299950 and by the afternoon had 4 viewings. One wants to offer but they have yet to sell (could kill the EA) especially as they said 'we have been to see your house before'. Well lets hope they sell quickly. Next lot thought it too close to railway line (not that close you can hear a faint rumble but you forget that after a day) Can't remember the third excuse it was probably too pathetic. Still waiting to hear back from one that I showed round at short notice who promised he would call EA today and hasn't. Had a last mnute viewing today with 45 minutes notice - rushed around sweating to clear up woman came round EA said it was difficult to gauge as she didn't speak English but he thought she liked it. Got a phonecall saying it was lovely but she wanted something in another village - OH rang the EA and ranted at him why did they bother looking in our town if that is the case. I am sick of buyers and the news and the market I have worked hard to make my house lovely and we are met with stupid excuses. The two people who want to buy haven;t sold.

Sorry needed to rant to like minded souls as I am just so frustrated. I read this thread but sometimes I haven't the heart to post as I am so disallusioned - lets raise a large glass and toast to selling these lovely houses of ours and getting over to OZ. We will get there peeps.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:09 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

oh no
chris was like that on the weekend and i told him to go to his mothers and have one, as i didnt want the viewers turning green when they arrived
yuck
bec
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:12 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maisey
Always do the toilet check with brush in hand (toilet brush that is!!!) before potential buyers.
We are really fed up now house on in Jan for £349 950 after several reductions and loads of viewings later we bit the bullet yesterday and thought 'what the hell we need to go before Oct' so we took it down for the last time to £299950 and by the afternoon had 4 viewings. One wants to offer but they have yet to sell (could kill the EA) especially as they said 'we have been to see your house before'. Well lets hope they sell quickly. Next lot thought it too close to railway line (not that close you can hear a faint rumble but you forget that after a day) Can't remember the third excuse it was probably too pathetic. Still waiting to hear back from one that I showed round at short notice who promised he would call EA today and hasn't. Had a last mnute viewing today with 45 minutes notice - rushed around sweating to clear up woman came round EA said it was difficult to gauge as she didn't speak English but he thought she liked it. Got a phonecall saying it was lovely but she wanted something in another village - OH rang the EA and ranted at him why did they bother looking in our town if that is the case. I am sick of buyers and the news and the market I have worked hard to make my house lovely and we are met with stupid excuses. The two people who want to buy haven;t sold.

Sorry needed to rant to like minded souls as I am just so frustrated. I read this thread but sometimes I haven't the heart to post as I am so disallusioned - lets raise a large glass and toast to selling these lovely houses of ours and getting over to OZ. We will get there peeps.
go on hun, get it all out
thats what we are here for. you are not the only one beign messed around by EA's and viewers, I think we have all had a guts full of this mess
at least the reduction has provoked some interest, which is a positive thing
bec
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:16 am
egghead4+becky

i am hoping to hear something tomorrow, as the people who are really interested in our house had first time viewers to see theirs tonight. do you think it would be pushy of me to ask my estate agents to contact their EA to see how it went, or should I play cool and just wait and see
dont know what to do, ponder ponder ponder!!!
bec
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

I would ask as otherwise you sit there looking at the phone and it starts to drive you mad!! They can only so no.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Just been reading all your news. Fingers crossed for those of you with positive viewings - here's hoping for some offers.

Many commiserations to those of you with bad news. Sending you all big hugs ((((((()))))))))

Thanks for all your lovely messages and karma. I am slowly getting my head together and we are making plans. It breaks my heart to see you all going through the same awful things. Maisey, I feel for you, hun.

We have put our other two properties up for sale or rent. Can't see them selling, so I guess we will have to decide if we will leave them to rent out....
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:05 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THORPES
Hello
I have been following this thread every day but not posted very often as nothing is happening with our house
We did have a viewer on Friday. They were 1st time buyers with a mortgage in place. They said they loved the house and all the family live near by. He had a builder friend drive by to see if possible to knock down our garage and extend on the side of the house. He was pleased because it is possible. After they left we felt very positive and was sure they were going to put an offer in. Its now Tuesday and we have heard nothing. EA said they have left 2 messages for them and will keep us posted.
I just wish we could get some feedback as not knowing is stressful.

Ps: Nickywes, you have a beautiful house. I had a nosey at your classified's
Fingers crossed for you

Here's to a quick call and huge offer from your last viewer

Originally Posted by egghead4
i am hoping to hear something tomorrow, as the people who are really interested in our house had first time viewers to see theirs tonight. do you think it would be pushy of me to ask my estate agents to contact their EA to see how it went, or should I play cool and just wait and see
dont know what to do, ponder ponder ponder!!!
bec
No more pondering.......sit back......play it cool.........nobody (besides us) has to know you don't have any nails left ...the good news, you could always go to a nailshop and get some new ones I really hope you will hear something today!!!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi all,

Just been reading all your news. Fingers crossed for those of you with positive viewings - here's hoping for some offers.

Many commiserations to those of you with bad news. Sending you all big hugs ((((((()))))))))

Thanks for all your lovely messages and karma. I am slowly getting my head together and we are making plans. It breaks my heart to see you all going through the same awful things. Maisey, I feel for you, hun.

We have put our other two properties up for sale or rent. Can't see them selling, so I guess we will have to decide if we will leave them to rent out....
And here's a big hug back ((((((())))))))

As for us, yesterday's viewing went fine, she still like the house, liked the garden, saw that at the end of the day (viewing was at 17.30) our garden still has a sunny patch at both ends. Which is what she wanted. But...she also went to view a house down the road (smaller, no garage, no sun in the garden as it is facing East and the house blocks out the sun), the garden is a little patch compared to ours) but it's cheaper than ours. So she said to our EA she's going to compare houses.......so in the end...money is what it is....our house ticks all her boxes, the other doesn't , but there is a price difference of about 20.000 pounds (which is a lot over here). So....breathe in..breathe out..we should know before the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.