Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi all,

Just been reading all your news. Fingers crossed for those of you with positive viewings - here's hoping for some offers.

Many commiserations to those of you with bad news. Sending you all big hugs ((((((()))))))))

Thanks for all your lovely messages and karma. I am slowly getting my head together and we are making plans. It breaks my heart to see you all going through the same awful things. Maisey, I feel for you, hun.

We have put our other two properties up for sale or rent. Can't see them selling, so I guess we will have to decide if we will leave them to rent out....
Nice to see u back and lets hope things pick up for us all. One day we will sitting in the sun. Hold that thought
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:29 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi Nicky , you hiding eh ?

is he taking the pics today ?
Morning Ic, sorry missed this one yesterday. He has taken pics and what I saw of them they looked good. Had a break from it all last night as was knackered from cleaning and Paul was in a real grot mood and then the dog ate his dinner which he left on the coffee table

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Who knows. I've given up trying to second guess viewers. But he was here for about 40 minutes. He also said that it's a lovely house so fingers crossed.

He's got a property in Portsmouth which is currently on the market.

Unfortunately dd did a massive poo which stank just before he turned up.

Good luck with your new EA.
That made me laugh, know not funny really

Originally Posted by suart
well it looks like a lot of you are having a lot of viewings, fingers crossed for decent offers

good luck with everyone changing EA's, it has to produce some viewers

well a little update from me-- still had no viewings, new EA starts on the 1st May so fingers crossed it will help. Only other problem is the house joined on to our's has just been put on the market and quess what it 13k cheaper
Well it has been reproposed, looks like that house is going to sell before mine, just hope it hurry up though!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has done this before -- im thinking of contacting local EA offices and asking them if they want to send people round for viewings, i don't want to sign with them but if any of their viewers make an offer and it is excepted i will pay them the money for selling my house either as an individual or company, so what do you all think?

really don't know what to do at the minute
We kept getting this particular agent ringing us and telling us that he had loads of viewers for our house on his books so OH told him that if he wanted to send them round and one buys it we would pay his fee. Guess what, he hasn't sent anybody and everytime he rings now he tells us to reduce more. He can go and take a running jump over a short cliff

Originally Posted by maisey
Always do the toilet check with brush in hand (toilet brush that is!!!) before potential buyers.
We are really fed up now house on in Jan for £349 950 after several reductions and loads of viewings later we bit the bullet yesterday and thought 'what the hell we need to go before Oct' so we took it down for the last time to £299950 and by the afternoon had 4 viewings. One wants to offer but they have yet to sell (could kill the EA) especially as they said 'we have been to see your house before'. Well lets hope they sell quickly. Next lot thought it too close to railway line (not that close you can hear a faint rumble but you forget that after a day) Can't remember the third excuse it was probably too pathetic. Still waiting to hear back from one that I showed round at short notice who promised he would call EA today and hasn't. Had a last mnute viewing today with 45 minutes notice - rushed around sweating to clear up woman came round EA said it was difficult to gauge as she didn't speak English but he thought she liked it. Got a phonecall saying it was lovely but she wanted something in another village - OH rang the EA and ranted at him why did they bother looking in our town if that is the case. I am sick of buyers and the news and the market I have worked hard to make my house lovely and we are met with stupid excuses. The two people who want to buy haven;t sold.

Sorry needed to rant to like minded souls as I am just so frustrated. I read this thread but sometimes I haven't the heart to post as I am so disallusioned - lets raise a large glass and toast to selling these lovely houses of ours and getting over to OZ. We will get there peeps.
Bloody EA's again:curse: Our new one reckons it is just a blip and will pick up. I believe that wholeheartedly but it just doesn't help at the moment. Hang tight.

Hi all,

Just been reading all your news. Fingers crossed for those of you with positive viewings - here's hoping for some offers.

Many commiserations to those of you with bad news.Sending you all big hugs

Thanks for all your lovely messages and karma. I am slowly getting my head together and we are making plans. It breaks my heart to see you all going through the same awful things. Maisey, I feel for you, hun

We have put our other two properties up for sale or rent. Can't see them selling, so I guess we will have to decide if we will leave them to rent out....
Hi there Nic. Things will get better now that you are back

Originally Posted by tum
Fingers crossed for you

Here's to a quick call and huge offer from your last viewer

No more pondering.......sit back......play it cool.........nobody (besides us) has to know you don't have any nails left ...the good news, you could always go to a nailshop and get some new ones I really hope you will hear something today!!!

And here's a big hug back ((((((())))))))

As for us, yesterday's viewing went fine, she still like the house, liked the garden, saw that at the end of the day (viewing was at 17.30) our garden still has a sunny patch at both ends. Which is what she wanted. But...she also went to view a house down the road (smaller, no garage, no sun in the garden as it is facing East and the house blocks out the sun), the garden is a little patch compared to ours) but it's cheaper than ours. So she said to our EA she's going to compare houses.......so in the end...money is what it is....our house ticks all her boxes, the other doesn't , but there is a price difference of about 20.000 pounds (which is a lot over here). So....breathe in..breathe out..we should know before the weekend.
Sounds like an offer coming your way. I wouldn't compromise what I wanted for a mere 20k

New EA seems quite normal and not full of crap like most of them. We were recommended to him but had his partner round when we first went on market. The Partner told us to white gloss all the woodwork, sheen all the walls, build a 130k extension on the kitchen to make it 700k and to put a porch on. Complete to**er. If you have seen our house, the last thing you would do is put a porch on and another extension would make the garden smaller and for what benefit as our kitchen is already big. Does he not know that white gloss went out and eggshell is in:curse:

How can you take them seriously? We won't be dealing with that Partner.

Nicky xx

Last edited by nickywes; Apr 22nd 2008 at 8:31 pm. Reason: mistake
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:50 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,

What an idiot that Partner, colour (if it isn't purple or black) wouldn't make much difference, white, whitish, yellow, beige, lightgreen, etc. etc. does the trick. As long as you house isn't a dark cave from the Medieval times you should be fine . Why would you build an extension worth 130K when you want to sell!!!!
As for the 20K, if we get an offer we will see, in this market you'll never know when the next buyer will come.

I'm walking around the house with my mobile phone in my hand and still checking if it didn't ring , it's official, I'm going crazy. Yesterday my son said that a girl in his class was 5 days younger than he was, so I told him, oh she's born on August 8th then ....my mum then pointed out to me that I got the number right, but that it should be October as my son is born October 3rd
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:06 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Nicky,

What an idiot that Partner, colour (if it isn't purple or black) wouldn't make much difference, white, whitish, yellow, beige, lightgreen, etc. etc. does the trick. As long as you house isn't a dark cave from the Medieval times you should be fine . Why would you build an extension worth 130K when you want to sell!!!!
As for the 20K, if we get an offer we will see, in this market you'll never know when the next buyer will come.

I'm walking around the house with my mobile phone in my hand and still checking if it didn't ring , it's official, I'm going crazy. Yesterday my son said that a girl in his class was 5 days younger than he was, so I told him, oh she's born on August 8th then ....my mum then pointed out to me that I got the number right, but that it should be October as my son is born October 3rd http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Confused/stupid.gif
I think I am going slightly mad too. I have 3 kids and 3 nieces/nephew and they all get called the wrong name. Think I should start calling them all darling or babe Wasn't it 5 days younger, the 8th would have been older wouldn't it? Oh dear
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:13 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
I think I am going slightly mad too. I have 3 kids and 3 nieces/nephew and they all get called the wrong name. Think I should start calling them all darling or babe Wasn't it 5 days younger, the 8th would have been older wouldn't it? Oh dear
You see, it's getting worse by the minute, but I see that I'm not alone, shame on you calling your kids the wrong names ....join the club!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by tum
You see, it's getting worse by the minute, but I see that I'm not alone, shame on you calling your kids the wrong names ....join the club!!
I'm even typing dyslexically. I keep forgetting what I was going to do. It could just be getting older though!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:19 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

morning guys .
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:29 pm
tum
destination Cairns

morning guys .
Morning Ic, how are you today...it's a sunny day over here

Hey Nicky, how DO you type dyslexiallaackaly??

Oh, if you want to have a good laugh. Yesterday evening, I was almost asleep, I turned around and heard bzzz bzzzz bzzz, in my dazed mind (mind you I was almost asleep) I thought bzzz bzzzz? ...so I jumped up, jumping up and down as a mad man whilst my OH said...WHAT THE MATTER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING...I shouted, there's something in my hair, WHAT, there's something in my hair while frantically trying to get it out. Eventually it did and he said...now you've thrown it at me, turn on the light, turn on the light, it was a huge wasp just awakening from its hibernation I guess .
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:32 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Morning Ic, how are you today...it's a sunny day over here

Hey Nicky, how DO you type dyslexiallaackaly??

Oh, if you want to have a good laugh. Yesterday evening, I was almost asleep, I turned around and heard bzzz bzzzz bzzz, in my dazed mind (mind you I was almost asleep) I thought bzzz bzzzz? ...so I jumped up, jumping up and down as a mad man whilst my OH said...WHAT THE MATTER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING...I shouted, there's something in my hair, WHAT, there's something in my hair while frantically trying to get it out. Eventually it did and he said...now you've thrown it at me, turn on the light, turn on the light, it was a huge wasp just awakening from its hibernation I guess .

Suns gone M , was here yesterday but its overcast today .

a wasp ?? yeah sure it was ,, we believe you
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:36 pm
tum
destination Cairns

Suns gone M , was here yesterday but its overcast today .

a wasp ?? yeah sure it was ,, we believe you
it really, really was, honest, true blue, fair dinkum ...you see, not even a winking smiley
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Glad the wasp didn't sting you M - we had a huge one in the house on Sunday. I think you're right, they must be waking up. Horrible things. Fingers crossed for some news for you soon - you must be in a state of anxiety.

Hope that your new agent can find a buyer Nicky. The partner sounds a prat. All our EAs said do nothing but make it clean and tidy and finish any half done things. The rest is just personal taste. The extension is mad - why take the time and money to build something which might not increase the value????

I've just been to our rental flat to get a man to mend a leaky gutter. If it doesn't rain it pours! Just hope we get a tenant in soon and I can forget about it for a while.

No other news.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by tum
it really, really was, honest, true blue, fair dinkum http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Ang...3d-angel-3.gif...you see, not even a winking smiley
been a few bees about round here , big uns too . they are like us , they love the sunshine .
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:39 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Morning all,

Glad the wasp didn't sting you M - we had a huge one in the house on Sunday. I think you're right, they must be waking up. Horrible things. Fingers crossed for some news for you soon - you must be in a state of anxiety.

Hope that your new agent can find a buyer Nicky. The partner sounds a prat. All our EAs said do nothing but make it clean and tidy and finish any half done things. The rest is just personal taste. The extension is mad - why take the time and money to build something which might not increase the value????

I've just been to our rental flat to get a man to mend a leaky gutter. If it doesn't rain it pours! Just hope we get a tenant in soon and I can forget about it for a while.

No other news.
well good morning
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

well good morning
Morning Ic - sorry wasn't ignoring you! How's it going?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:41 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Morning Ic - sorry wasn't ignoring you! How's it going?
don't ask ... same old .

nuts its raining now too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.