Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:52 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by wardy2
wow so much has happened since I was last on congratulations to those with offers etc

FA good luck with all you are going through I feel exactly the same as you I feel like doing a Beth.

sorry to those that are going through the same crap as us with regards buyers and their dealings.

Our buyers were in negotions for a mortgage with an Irish Ban who have now decided that they will not lend to anyone on the mainland leaving them and us in the shit.

They are now appling for a mortgage with a manland bank so we are starting all over again, fotunately they still want the house as to the other couple who did offer on the house but could not sell their flat in time.

So hopefully we will be OK we have to go on validation trip in a couple of weeks so we will look forward to that and try and forget all this business.

Lorna if you see this sorry for all the crap your viewer put you through are you still going on holiday?

kaye x
Stupid bank, they could've told them in the beginning, it sounds like they weren't knowing what they were doing. How long does it usually take for a bank to ok a mortgage? Anyway I see you're looking forward to your validation trip, so good on ya, we validated last October (had to before November 3rd) and - besides the money thing - we had a splendid time looking around, checking out the suburbs, bank, houses, swimming, snorkelling etc. etc.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you M!!You have been so patient, it must be your turn!

Thanks FA, good things come to those who wait they say, although IC gave that phrase a whole different meaning with his youtube video

Miranda - sorry hun, you have to keep going with your fingers crossed for a while yet
It's all for a good cause, I'll see my GP about it next week or so, maybe he can untangle my fingers
Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Just looked out of my window and discovered a For Sale sign in my lawn!!!

I havent even signed a contract yet!

They came and measured up and took photos etc on Tuesday and said they will send stuff to me to sign it off etc. so thats fast work, lets hope they find me a buyer just as quick.

Also though, on seeing the sign I got a bit of a lump in my throat and feel a bit scared as I love my house, then my neighbour came round saying how she will miss my son and doesnt want to see us go and how she was hoping our Oz plans were just talk.
Made me feel even sadder.
Is it a plane, is it a bird.......NO it is super EA ...........good luck!!! Btw how sweet of your neighbour to say how she will miss your son, he must be a really nice kid

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Hi kaye
sorry i never got back to you but ive been totally fed up with the whole thing kept meaning to pm u but was waiting for some good news then they dropped us in it. sorry to hear you are having grief as well. As if moving 10 thousand miles away isnt stressful enough!

Yes we are still going out to validate end of may trying to look forward to that but the kids where so upset when i told them we had to come back here. All we can do is give them a nice holiday and try not to think to much about the money we cant afford to spend.

Lorna
I know hun, money is tight, but you have no choice, so try to make the best of it and emphasize on the good part of validating, exploring the country, beaches, swimming, nature, wildlife etc. Big hug (((()))))

Originally Posted by steveandtina
WOO HOOOOOOOO that great news, have my fingers crossed for you which is making it hard to eat my cream cake

.....don't tempt me............mmmhhhhh cream cake with strawberries and loads and loads of cream AAARRRGHHH now you did it again, I can't stop thinking about it all day

Great news about your viewing on Sunday but won't you be at church hehe.

Good luck with the viewing

Originally Posted by suart
wow sounds like things r picking up for everyone, lets hope for some more viewings and offers this weekend.
still no news from me, new EA coming to take pictures on monday and they start working for me on Thursday -- hopefully we will get some viewings
Fingers crossed for viewings
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:57 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all.

Well, we had our feedback yesterday. Loved the house and it was down to two houses, mine and another. They went with the other.

Oh well. Let's hope that the house they go for sells before they've sold their house and they'll want mine.

Good luck to everyone this weekend with red hot phones for lots and lots of viewings.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:01 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Morning all.

Well, we had our feedback yesterday. Loved the house and it was down to two houses, mine and another. They went with the other.

Oh well. Let's hope that the house they go for sells before they've sold their house and they'll want mine.

Good luck to everyone this weekend with red hot phones for lots and lots of viewings.
Hi , ,thats a shame but chin up , they not sold so anything could happen .

We have new EA coming monday to take pics , then they take over on May 1st ... apart from that no news
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Just popped in to say I think your Ks and prayers are starting to work. Keep them crossed for me.

Janine - what a nightmare for you. Sending you a big hug. (((((()))))) You know that now the other house is off the market, yours should be the next one to go.

Kaye - Another nightmare. :curse: Hope you have a lovely holiday. I know it's not the same but you will be able to get some ground work done and hopefully come back to a completion.

AngieK - Same for you Angie - it's a pile of pants I know, BUT every little bit of research helps. You might get the magic call with an offer while you are away too.

Suart - good luck with the new EA.

Nicky - you have reduced your house so much, it should look great compared to the other one. Fingers crossed for you - I hope this is your turn now. Thinking of you today. I hope you are OK.

Tina - hope the cheeky viewers had a good excuse and they really like your house. You can forgive them a no show if they put in an offer. (Really, really hope they do!!!)

Mark and Joe - hope your viewer gets a buyer!!

Miranda - Still have my fingers crossed for your sale to go ahead!!!

Ic - Hope your new agent can do the biz. It must be your turn soon as well. The vids cheer me up - so thanks for that.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:14 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there everyone...

Feeling guilty now after Fly Away's epic post there, supporting everyone

It does look like at least something's happening, even though it might not be exactly what we would want. The important thing to focus on is that at least the market IS moving & it can only be a matter of time & a little luck before you all get lucky

Thinking of you all (& I know there's some horrid situations out there) but keep the faith, your time will come.

Good luck all
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:20 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi all,

Just popped in to say I think your Ks and prayers are starting to work. Keep them crossed for me.

Ic - Hope your new agent can do the biz. It must be your turn soon as well. The vids cheer me up - so thanks for that.

Of course we will & your welcome ... stay tune folks
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Got another viewing woo hoo, they are coming tomorrow.

good luck everyone else with viewings at the weekend fingers crossed for us all x

Tina x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

good luck everyone else with viewings at the weekend fingers crossed for us all x

Tina x
well done fingers crossed for you, can you please send me some lol
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with all the weekend viewings guys, hope there are cash buyers coming all your ways.

We are still waiting for our buyers mortage company to get itself sorted out and do a valuation survey, everything else is in place so getting v frustrated now.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:00 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Tina x

Good luck Tina
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:10 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Tina x
Good luck
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:32 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck all with the viewings, new EA's. Here's to a lovely weekend with loads of viewers and potential buyers!!I won't be on tomorrow as we're going to a fun park, it's going to be a sunny day so a great day for a trip.It's my birthday tomorrow and the last couple of years we like to do something together as a family on that day. The day after my mum and inlaws will be over for a drink and that's nice too.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tum
OH just called......that that lady made an offer, 25.000 pounds below our asking price. EA phoned her, it was a starting offer. OH got back at EA with a counter offer in the middle and............she accepted So we're only 5.000 pounds below the minimum price we wanted.
Wow Tum, that's great news, really pleased for you Oh, and
Happy Birthday for tomorrow, hope you have a great day out

Originally Posted by nickywes

Well guess who has a viewer on Sunday????????
New EA just rang and said somebody interested. Oh please please please.
Great news, fingers crossed for you

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Just looked out of my window and discovered a For Sale sign in my lawn!!!

I havent even signed a contract yet!
Welcome to WPHS! Hope your super-efficient EA finds you a buyer soon

Good luck, fingers crossed

Last edited by dinky2; Apr 25th 2008 at 5:51 am. Reason: still can't spell
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Well, still no exchange for us Phoned EA for an update and she said she didn't like phoning buyers solicitor as he is "not a very nice man" FFS:curse: I don't like paying them thousands for virtually nothing but we all have our crosses to bear
Well, I must have sounded annoyed because she phoned back a few mins later with the news that the buyers will be picking up their contracts to sign over the W/E today, and dropping them back on Monday so we will be ready to go then
Will believe it when I see it though
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:59 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by tum
Good luck all with the viewings, new EA's. Here's to a lovely weekend with loads of viewers and potential buyers!!I won't be on tomorrow as we're going to a fun park, it's going to be a sunny day so a great day for a trip.It's my birthday tomorrow and the last couple of years we like to do something together as a family on that day. The day after my mum and inlaws will be over for a drink and that's nice too. http://www.toverland.nl/assets/image...2_bottom_4.jpg
Hey M , Have a fab day ,, looks fun , love a good roller coaster .

have a fantastic day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.