Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

well i for one have everything crossed that you finally get rid of your 'legacy'
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:08 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

wow so much has happened since I was last on congratulations to those with offers etc

FA good luck with all you are going through I feel exactly the same as you I feel like doing a Beth.

sorry to those that are going through the same crap as us with regards buyers and their dealings.

Our buyers were in negotions for a mortgage with an Irish Ban who have now decided that they will not lend to anyone on the mainland leaving them and us in the shit.

They are now appling for a mortgage with a manland bank so we are starting all over again, fotunately they still want the house as to the other couple who did offer on the house but could not sell their flat in time.

So hopefully we will be OK we have to go on validation trip in a couple of weeks so we will look forward to that and try and forget all this business.

Lorna if you see this sorry for all the crap your viewer put you through are you still going on holiday?

kaye x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
OH just called......that that lady made an offer, 25.000 pounds below our asking price. EA phoned her, it was a starting offer. OH got back at EA with a counter offer in the middle and............she accepted So we're only 5.000 pounds below the minimum price we wanted.

Papers will be signed (if everything is ok) next week Friday, then there is a 3 days period in which the buyer can withdraw. After that mostly there is another period of 2 to 4 weeks in which the buyer can withdraw if they can't get the mortgage arranged and that's it!! Supposedly she wants to exchange after 6 weeks.......6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm psyched, jittery and scared at the same time....this is getting real
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you M!! You have been so patient, it must be your turn!

Originally Posted by nickywes

Well guess who has a viewer on Sunday????????:
New EA just rang and said somebody interested. Oh please please please.

I am really sad today as Ria is leaving tomorrow and probably won't see her for about a year. Taking her to the airport at 5pm tomorrow.

Nicky xx
Great news re the viewer Nicky!! It was worth changing EAs just for that! Fingers crossed for you!

Big hug for your sad goodbye, ((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) I feel for you - at least you know it isn't forever.

Originally Posted by eddie007
That's excellent news... Perhaps things are beginning to move over there....

I have a new EA and have just seen the photos on line... they are bloody superb... really good write up too.. I have good feelings about this one ...
Fingers crossed for you Eddie - you deserve some luck too.

Thanks everyone for your good lucks and Ks. I hope they work. Keep praying!!! Miranda - sorry hun, you have to keep going with your fingers crossed for a while yet.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:26 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Just looked out of my window and discovered a For Sale sign in my lawn!!!

I havent even signed a contract yet!

They came and measured up and took photos etc on Tuesday and said they will send stuff to me to sign it off etc. so thats fast work, lets hope they find me a buyer just as quick.

Also though, on seeing the sign I got a bit of a lump in my throat and feel a bit scared as I love my house, then my neighbour came round saying how she will miss my son and doesnt want to see us go and how she was hoping our Oz plans were just talk.
Made me feel even sadder.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wardy2
wow so much has happened since I was last on congratulations to those with offers etc

FA good luck with all you are going through I feel exactly the same as you I feel like doing a Beth.

sorry to those that are going through the same crap as us with regards buyers and their dealings.

Our buyers were in negotions for a mortgage with an Irish Ban who have now decided that they will not lend to anyone on the mainland leaving them and us in the shit.

They are now appling for a mortgage with a manland bank so we are starting all over again, fotunately they still want the house as to the other couple who did offer on the house but could not sell their flat in time.

So hopefully we will be OK we have to go on validation trip in a couple of weeks so we will look forward to that and try and forget all this business.

Lorna if you see this sorry for all the crap your viewer put you through are you still going on holiday?

kaye x
Hi kaye
sorry i never got back to you but ive been totally fed up with the whole thing kept meaning to pm u but was waiting for some good news then they dropped us in it. sorry to hear you are having grief as well. As if moving 10 thousand miles away isnt stressful enough!

Yes we are still going out to validate end of may trying to look forward to that but the kids where so upset when i told them we had to come back here. All we can do is give them a nice holiday and try not to think to much about the money we cant afford to spend.

Lorna
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:13 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

kaye x
Hi Kaye , even getting an offer is only the start ... the rest is damn hard work too . hope it comes good
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Good Luck Nicky

with your Viewing

Angiek
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tum
OH just called......that that lady made an offer, 25.000 pounds below our asking price. EA phoned her, it was a starting offer. OH got back at EA with a counter offer in the middle and............she accepted So we're only 5.000 pounds below the minimum price we wanted.

Papers will be signed (if everything is ok) next week Friday, then there is a 3 days period in which the buyer can withdraw. After that mostly there is another period of 2 to 4 weeks in which the buyer can withdraw if they can't get the mortgage arranged and that's it!! Supposedly she wants to exchange after 6 weeks.......6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm psyched, jittery and scared at the same time....this is getting real
WOO HOOOOOOOO that great news, have my fingers crossed for you which is making it hard to eat my cream cake

That is infuriating, how are you going to sell if they don't advertise.Will keep fingers crossed for your viewer coming through.

That is fantastic M, how good will it be to exchange in 6 weeks

Well guess who has a viewer on Sunday????????

I am really sad today as Ria is leaving tomorrow and probably won't see her for about a year. Taking her to the airport at 5pm tomorrow.

Nicky xx
Great news about your viewing on Sunday but won't you be at church hehe.

Is Ria your daughter? I'm sure the year will whizz by and you will see her soon and there is always skpe x

kaye x

BUGGER!!!!! Hope they get the new morg quick x

FLY i'm thinking of you and waiting for my karma button to stop being silly and let me send you some x

Well had my viewing and they turned out to be the people who didn't bother to turn up Saturday:curse:, Cheeky buggers sent in another family member under a different name to book the viewing. Lets hope they are doing that cos they are keen. Still phoned EA and asked if he was having a laugh he told me he was to scared to upset me

Tina x
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:53 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Well guess who has a viewer on Sunday????????

Nicky xx
Great news, will keep everything crossed.

Got to ask who is Ria?

Jx
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Good luck for your viewing on Sunday - Ive a family coming here on Sat from Sussex so fingers, toes and all other bits crossed !!!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:01 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe

Got to ask who is Ria?

Jx
Ria is her DD
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:17 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thought so, thanks

Joex
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:18 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nicky,

Yes it will be interesting, will let you know how we get on. Back to the cleaning. aaaaagh

Good luck with your viewing

Lisa

Last edited by Laights; Apr 24th 2008 at 6:26 am. Reason: Added a bit
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:31 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
Good luck Nicky ...

(ps can you play your move on scrabble)
All done Ic, I am winning

Thanks T. Going off line for a while to wallow in self pity, will be back later though.

Nicky xx
Finished wallowing now

Originally Posted by eddie007
That's excellent news... Perhaps things are beginning to move over there....

I have a new EA and have just seen the photos on line... they are bloody superb... really good write up too.. I have good feelings about this one ...
I really hope it works for you, think things are picking up a bit

kaye x
Hi Kaye at least you will have a nice holiday, forget all the crap going on and come back refreshed.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you M!!You have been so patient, it must be your turn!

Great news re the viewer Nicky!! It was worth changing EAs just for that! Fingers crossed for you!

Big hug for your sad goodbye, ((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) I feel for you - at least you know it isn't forever.

Fingers crossed for you Eddie - you deserve some luck too.

Thanks everyone for your good lucks and Ks. I hope they work. Keep praying!!! Miranda - sorry hun, you have to keep going with your fingers crossed for a while yet.
Thanks Nic, don't know how good the viewing will be as he is looking at another house before us but 200k dearer so how will ours compare with that, we will see.

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Just looked out of my window and discovered a For Sale sign in my lawn!!!

I havent even signed a contract yet!

They came and measured up and took photos etc on Tuesday and said they will send stuff to me to sign it off etc. so thats fast work, lets hope they find me a buyer just as quick.

Also though, on seeing the sign I got a bit of a lump in my throat and feel a bit scared as I love my house, then my neighbour came round saying how she will miss my son and doesnt want to see us go and how she was hoping our Oz plans were just talk.
Made me feel even sadder.
We have had the same, gave our old EA notice on Monday, 2 weeks and today looked on rightmove and new EA has already put it on there, got us a viewer and we have not signed anything yet.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
WOO HOOOOOOOO that great news, have my fingers crossed for you which is making it hard to eat my cream cake

Great news about your viewing on Sunday but won't you be at church hehe.

Is Ria your daughter? I'm sure the year will whizz by and you will see her soon and there is always skpe x

BUGGER!!!!! Hope they get the new morg quick x

FLY i'm thinking of you and waiting for my karma button to stop being silly and let me send you some x

Well had my viewing and they turned out to be the people who didn't bother to turn up Saturday:curse:, Cheeky buggers sent in another family member under a different name to book the viewing. Lets hope they are doing that cos they are keen. Still phoned EA and asked if he was having a laugh he told me he was to scared to upset me

Tina x
I think they sound very keen going to those lengths to see the house, lets hope so.

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe

Got to ask who is Ria?

Jx
Sorry, as Ic says it is DD2.

Luck to all
Nicky xx
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

wow sounds like things r picking up for everyone, lets hope for some more viewings and offers this weekend.
still no news from me, new EA coming to take pictures on monday and they start working for me on Thursday -- hopefully we will get some viewings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.