Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi Dan,

Could probably give a good guess as to the agent you are using, if its AG's then I haven't heard anyone say a good word about them.

Good luck

Lisa
Morning Lisa,
Yep that guess is spot on! Funny that; some people we have spoken to that have had dealings with them have all said the same thing
Time for a change me thinks!!!

Morning everyone else! Fancy a bar of fruit and nut Fly?? We had a change of plan and are visiting friend up that way today! Also EA rang and we had another viewing yesterday (WTF????!!!!!) A lady visiting her Mum who lives some distance away. Quote from agent was 'We thought we'd better grab her (the viewer) while we can' Do I sense some sort of desperation???!! Anyway still no feedback from previous viewer will have to ring tomorrow to squeeze it out of them. Looking forward to new EA on Tuesday. John Sanders Lisa if you have any views on them?
Dtp
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:39 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wardy2
well we have been led to believe things are ok it looks like the paperwork has been checked and verified and the bank is ready to send out surveyor.

Buyers have completed their searches so its really now down to the surveyor and the release of funds,

So hopefuly we can have a quick completion.

I say hopefully
Fingers crossed it is quick for you now

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Kaye, you're up late. Glad to hear that it seems to have been sorted. If the survey is the last thing, it shouldn't be long before they have a mortgage offer. Must be stressful though. Are you in touch with your buyers? Maybe a chat with them every few days would keep you both on track.
Have a good day at Cadbury World, how much choc did you eat?

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Just popping in to say Hi, there is no keeping up with you lot at the moment, Fly that developer sounds really good, I had a quick look back but probably missed something else, we have no news on the UK house sale, but have a rental at Mount Martha, picking up keys on Tuesday

Alls good so far here, hope you are all OK

Tracy
Excellent news on rental. Did you get any feedback from your viewers?

Originally Posted by tum
Hey, so you're going to Cairns too. ....have you been there often already? We've been there in 1996, 2000 and last October to validate our visa. Can't wait to go back. Our lives have been on hold too long already.

Alrighty then...sounds really promising....fingers crossed for a SOLD sign

Good luck! Maybe they are the ones

Morning all
Our house has been in the paper last Thursday and our open house (which is included in the package with our new EA) is planned for May 3rd. We have 3 days of work right before, so lots and lots and lots and lots of time to do the cleaning part . Just you wait and see...probably nobody will show up....leaving me in a state of utter despair http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sad/sad-023.gif...but then again maybe someone will show up and buys our lovely wellkept property http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Pen...enguin-002.gif
Good luck for May 3rd lets hope you have them beating the door down to get in

It is a lovely rental, open plan living down stairs with a study, utility and cloaks, 4 beds upstairs, master with walk in robes and ensuite and a house bathroom. It is brand new and we are the first in, school 2 minutes away and beach about 10 mins. Yes it is Mount Martha near Rosebud, quite a long communte for Jason each day, but he did over an hour in the UK and is prepared to do this to live in the area - it is so beautiful, I am really happy, much happier than the first few days which were really hard.

We were out Wednesday night and I told the kids and Jason if someone offered me one million pounds or a flight home I would go home, but I am much happier and actually felt guilty today for enjoyng myself, we had sunday brunch at St Kilda, is was lovely.

As for the Uk property, I am not as stressed about that, we will just have to send money back each month to pay the mortgage and see how it goes, although I would love to sell it so we can buy land and have one of the fab houses they have here built.

We are in the room obviously at the moment, they are shooting a movie in the square right outside our apartment with Nicholas Cage, it has been amazing watching it. Have a look at our blog as Jason has got some pics, if you click on the photos to enlarge then you can see Mr Cage himself, luckily we have a corner room with lots of windows as Jason and the kids are fighting over the best view.

Tracy
xxxxx
Things will get better when you get in your rental. Why would you want to come home?

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Morning Lisa,
Yep that guess is spot on! Funny that; some people we have spoken to that have had dealings with them have all said the same thing
Time for a change me thinks!!!

Morning everyone else! Fancy a bar of fruit and nut Fly?? We had a change of plan and are visiting friend up that way today! Also EA rang and we had another viewing yesterday (WTF????!!!!!) A lady visiting her Mum who lives some distance away. Quote from agent was 'We thought we'd better grab her (the viewer) while we can' Do I sense some sort of desperation???!! Anyway still no feedback from previous viewer will have to ring tomorrow to squeeze it out of them. Looking forward to new EA on Tuesday. John Sanders Lisa if you have any views on them?
Dtp
Good that you are getting the viewers, will keep fingers crossed for you.

Morning all was out all day yesterday so felt had to see if anybody had some good news. Bit quiet though.

Ria having her leaving do today in one of the local pubs. There must be about 50 people going and it will be an all dayer with all different age groups. Should be good fun and probably won't be able to stand up at the end of it (bit of a lightweight). Reckon the car may be left there overnight ha ha.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickywes

Things will get better when you get in your rental. Why would you want to come home?

Morning all was out all day yesterday so felt had to see if anybody had some good news. Bit quiet though.

Ria having her leaving do today in one of the local pubs. There must be about 50 people going and it will be an all dayer with all different age groups. Should be good fun and probably won't be able to stand up at the end of it (bit of a lightweight). Reckon the car may be left there overnight ha ha.
Have a great day then
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Just trying to get hold of someone at the EAs to find out if that viewing firt thing Monday is our house or our flat. If it's the house, I can't do it, but they have keys for the flat... wish they would answer... grrr

Just popping in to say Hi, there is no keeping up with you lot at the moment, Fly that developer sounds really good, I had a quick look back but probably missed something else, we have no news on the UK house sale, but have a rental at Mount Martha, picking up keys on Tuesday:
Alls good so far here, hope you are all OK

Tracy
Hi Tracy - good to hear from you. I have read your other post about your rental and it sounds lovely. I'm sure once you're in there, you will feel better again. Living in a hotel isn't fun - especially with kids. 2 more days hun and you'll be in and can start to get life back on an even keel.

We have another viewing next Saturday and possibly another one which we have to rearrange. So hopefully we can get a bit of bidding going.

Fingers crossed for an offer for you really soon. Glad to hear that you're more relaxed now. The next 3 months are the best selling months - so I hope the viewers start showing themselves.

Originally Posted by tum

Morning all
Our house has been in the paper last Thursday and our open house (which is included in the package with our new EA) is planned for May 3rd. We have 3 days of work right before, so lots and lots and lots and lots of time to do the cleaning part Just you wait and see...probably nobody will show up....leaving me in a state of utter despair :URL]/smiley/Penguins/penguin-002.gif[/URL]
Fingers crossed for the 3rd of May TUM. I really hope you get lots of viewers - did you read my post about getting some friends to pretend to be viewers to make the genuine viewers think it is popular? They can watch your possessions too...

I hope you get an offer before then though. You must be going nuts. I can't believe how patient you are.

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber

Morning everyone else! Fancy a bar of fruit and nut Fly??:: We had a change of plan and are visiting friend up that way today! Also EA rang and we had another viewing yesterday (WTF????!!!!!) A lady visiting her Mum who lives some distance away. Quote from agent was 'We thought we'd better grab her (the viewer) while we can' o I sense some sort of desperation???!! Anyway still no feedback from previous viewer will have to ring tomorrow to squeeze it out of them. Looking forward to new EA on Tuesday. John Sanders Lisa if you have any views on them?
Dtp::
Another viewer fab!! Might just be the one - even if it seems unlikely. Good luck with the new EA. It sounds like you really need a new approach.

Only a bag of buttons and a pot of melted chocolate. The smell just made me feel sick.

Ria having her leaving do today in one of the local pubs. There must be about 50 people going and it will be an all dayer with all different age groups. Should be good fun and probably won't be able to stand up at the end of it (bit of a lightweight). Reckon the car may be left there overnight ha ha.:
Morning Nicky, hope you have a great day. I know it's sad for you BUT things will work out and your daughter will have a fantastic time and after her adventure, she can live in Australia with / near you. Sending you a big hug as I know she's your baby. (((((()))))))

We won't hear from you until midday tomoorow then?? When you gets up.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:18 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning Nicky, hope you have a great day. I know it's sad for you BUT things will work out and your daughter will have a fantastic time and after her adventure, she can live in Australia with / near you. Sending you a big hug as I know she's your baby. (((((()))))))

We won't hear from you until midday tomoorow then?? When you gets up.[/QUOTE]

Hi Nic - Will be in a blur until at least midday if I get my way. Just wish we were all going at the same time. The longer it goes on the more worried I am that the other two will change their minds. They both have girl/boyfriends which seem pretty full on so don't want that to progress too much. I don't think I will go if they all stay here. Paul says he will though

I hope the viewing tomorrow goes well whichever house it is for.
Going to go and start getting tarted up now. Bye for now.

Nicky
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nicky

Yep, the first viewer who also saw next door did not like the outlook from the back of our house, you can see from the pics, we have a field and trees, what can you not like for goodness sake. And the second was an old neighbour who was definitly just being nosey think he hoped he wouldn't be recognised, but he was, although he did text and ask us what cash offer we would accept, we haven't responded.

I just felt so upset at leaving, my dad cries when ever we speak to him, it is so hard, much harder than I thought.

But today has been good, infact I felt guilty today for enjoying myself

Have a fab party and leaving the car sounds like a great idea

Tracy
xxxxx
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nic - Will be in a blur until at least midday if I get my way. Just wish we were all going at the same time. The longer it goes on the more worried I am that the other two will change their minds. They both have girl/boyfriends which seem pretty full on so don't want that to progress too much. I don't think I will go if they all stay here. Paul says he will though:

I hope the viewing tomorrow goes well whichever house it is for.
Going to go and start getting tarted up now. Bye for now.:

Nicky
Hi Nicky,

If I were you, I would go now hun. You know that the house will rent for a good price. Hopefully it will sell this spring/summer anyway. I'd just get out to Oz and leave the house for sale with an instruction to rent it out if it isn't sold by say August. That way your kids can put down roots in Oz, instead of getting embedded in the UK. To be honest, the firends I had at 16/17 were all gone off to do other things by the time I was 18. It is a very transient time, college, jobs, uni etc. I am still in touch with them but we ended up in the 4 corners of the UK. You kids can't appreciate this, but if you take them to Oz, in 6 months time, people will have moved on. As you say, you need to stop any romances getting serious. If you take them, their g/b friends can always get WHV if it turns out to be serious.

Hope it works out.

Hi Nicky

Yep, the first viewer who also saw next door did not like the outlook from the back of our house, you can see from the pics, we have a field and trees, what can you not like for goodness sake. And the second was an old neighbour who was definitly just being nosey think he hoped he wouldn't be recognised, but he was, although he did text and ask us what cash offer we would accept, we haven't responded.

I just felt so upset at leaving, my dad cries when ever we speak to him, it is so hard, much harder than I thought.

But today has been good, infact I felt guilty today for enjoying myself:
Have a fab party and leaving the car sounds like a great idea

Tracy
xxxxx
Bummer about the viewings. Can your EA ring the neighbour and say you've asked him to negotiate as it's impossible due to the time difference, (a bit of a lie...) He might make an offer to the EA, as it is, he has just not received a reply and might thihnk you aren't interested.

Sounds like leaving was traumatic. Your poor Dad. Is he coming out to visit? Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself now though. Once you have your rental house it will feel better too.

Sending you a big (((((hug))))) to stay strong.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all,

Just trying to get hold of someone at the EAs to find out if that viewing firt thing Monday is our house or our flat. If it's the house, I can't do it, but they have keys for the flat... wish they would answer... grrr

Hi Tracy - good to hear from you. I have read your other post about your rental and it sounds lovely. I'm sure once you're in there, you will feel better again. Living in a hotel isn't fun - especially with kids. 2 more days hun and you'll be in and can start to get life back on an even keel.

We have another viewing next Saturday and possibly another one which we have to rearrange. So hopefully we can get a bit of bidding going.

Fingers crossed for an offer for you really soon. Glad to hear that you're more relaxed now. The next 3 months are the best selling months - so I hope the viewers start showing themselves.

Fingers crossed for the 3rd of May TUM. I really hope you get lots of viewers - did you read my post about getting some friends to pretend to be viewers to make the genuine viewers think it is popular? They can watch your possessions too...

I hope you get an offer before then though. You must be going nuts. I can't believe how patient you are.

Another viewer fab!! Might just be the one - even if it seems unlikely. Good luck with the new EA. It sounds like you really need a new approach.

We won't hear from you until midday tomoorow then?? When you gets up.
Hi Fly, I can't tell you how much having a rental means to us, it is like a HUGE weight has been lifted, we will stay in the CBD until the end of the month as furniture does not arrive until the end of May and we will have some home comforts. I do feel much better about being here at the moment, in fact I felt guilty today for enjoying myself. Its not as easy as I though, but the kids LOVE it.

Good Luck with the bidding war

Tracy
xxxxxx
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:28 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dan,

Yep have heard of them, they are beginning to show in quite a few villages around here, and selling, they are on our list to bring in to value. One of our friends cannot speak highly enough of them, they sold some barns for conversion to a developer and JS even gave them some of his commission back as he hadn't shown anyone around, then went on to sell the converted barns very quickly and this has all been in the last 10 months.

Different to the barn next door with AG's it took them nearly 2 years to sell and they were advised to turn an offer down, six months down the line and sold for 45,000 under the original offer.

Good luck with Tuesday

Lisa

Last edited by Laights; Apr 12th 2008 at 10:32 pm. Reason: missed a bit
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Fly, I can't tell you how much having a rental means to us, it is like a HUGE weight has been lifted, we will stay in the CBD until the end of the month as furniture does not arrive until the end of May and we will have some home comforts. I do feel much better about being here at the moment, in fact I felt guilty today for enjoying myself. Its not as easy as I though, but the kids LOVE it.

Good Luck with the bidding war

Tracy
xxxxxx
Hi Tracy

Glad that you are happier and the kids love it.

Try not to feel too guilty. You are entitled to a life and to make your kids happy - even though I know you hurt because your Dad is hurting.

I was looking for your blog to see your pics but can't find it... am I being thick????
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tracy

Glad that you are happier and the kids love it.

Try not to feel too guilty. You are entitled to a life and to make your kids happy - even though I know you hurt because your Dad is hurting.

I was looking for your blog to see your pics but can't find it... am I being thick????
Hi Fly

The kids love it and I do feel better today, lets hope Jason loves the job tomorrow.

I know what you are saying and my dad has said exactly the same, but it still hurts at the moment, they go to Florida on Friday for 3 weeks and I am pleased about that and are coming here, Dec, Jan and Feb, which will be great.

The blog is

http://melbourneadventure.blogspot.com/

We have loads of pics of Melboure and what we have done so far, some of it will be a bit boring, but if you click on all the pics they are much bigger and you can see lots, just don't forget to click back rather than closing the picture.

Have fun, we are quite pleased with it so far and David Bailey chuffed with his pics too

Let me know what you think

Tracy
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Fly

The kids love it and I do feel better today, lets hope Jason loves the job tomorrow.

I know what you are saying and my dad has said exactly the same, but it still hurts at the moment, they go to Florida on Friday for 3 weeks and I am pleased about that and are coming here, Dec, Jan and Feb, which will be great.

The blog is

http://melbourneadventure.blogspot.com/

We have loads of pics of Melboure and what we have done so far, some of it will be a bit boring, but if you click on all the pics they are much bigger and you can see lots, just don't forget to click back rather than closing the picture.

Have fun, we are quite pleased with it so far and David Bailey chuffed with his pics too

Let me know what you think

Tracy
Hi Tracy - just spent a while reading your blog. the photos are amazing - tell David I said so. Funny thing is, I almost fell off my seat and wondered what my daughter was doing in your photos - she is the spitting image of your daughter!!! Your rental looks amazing - HUGE!! No wonder you are happy. I have subscribed to it now, so I will be keeping up with your adventures. I shall have to start ours up again when things get interesting, (deleted it but have a copy and write a diary once a week which I can upload.) Melbourne looks fabby - we went for 2 days 15 years ago and have very hazy memories. Might come down and see you from Adelaide one day.

Fingers crossed for the new job. My OH used to work in the tallest building in Manchester and said it used to sway in the wind. Hope that doesn't frighten Jason too much.

Take care

Nxx
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tracy - just spent a while reading your blog. the photos are amazing - tell David I said so. Funny thing is, I almost fell off my seat and wondered what my daughter was doing in your photos - she is the spitting image of your daughter!!! Your rental looks amazing - HUGE!! No wonder you are happy. I have subscribed to it now, so I will be keeping up with your adventures. I shall have to start ours up again when things get interesting, (deleted it but have a copy and write a diary once a week which I can upload.) Melbourne looks fabby - we went for 2 days 15 years ago and have very hazy memories. Might come down and see you from Adelaide one day.

Fingers crossed for the new job. My OH used to work in the tallest building in Manchester and said it used to sway in the wind. Hope that doesn't frighten Jason too much.

Take care

Nxx

hi Fly

Glad you like the blog, I will tell David that you like the pics, we will see what they are like next week when he is at work, and the kids and I are doing more exploring and I am behind the lense. Melbourne is Fab, we love it so far and you are more than welcome for a visit from Adelaide. Start the blog again, my parents and famiy love it as a means to stay in touch and leave comments etc.

WOW that is strange that my Moo should be like your daughter, she is a monkey and always has been which is why she is Mollie Moo, but she is my princess too.

I am sure Jason will be Ok, although he has said he won't be rushing to look out of the window

Tracy
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:34 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon you guys ... so whats goin on ?

its quiet here , i best have a read up
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Icarus
Afternoon you guys ... so whats goin on ?

its quiet here , i best have a read up
Can anyone update me on the last week or so? Been off skiing and you guys chat so much it would take me hours to read all the posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.