Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:41 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by scotty 71
Hiya Fly

Flippin heck, I hope mines not up for that long, I can't stand all the messers who have no intention of buying your house, but just come for a good old nose:curse:

It's just about to go up after some more home improvements, I am dreading it. There is one across the road for sale also and three at the top of the avenue so a bit of competition going on.

All the best to you all, Gilly
Well ours has been on since Oct , but it feels like longer .

its a buyers market , although where these buyers are beats me
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Icarus
Well ours has been on since Oct , but it feels like longer .

its a buyers market , although where these buyers are beats me

Where are you hoping to move to? Have you already got your visa?

Nosey bugger aren't I ?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:47 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you hoping to move to? Have you already got your visa?

Nosey bugger aren't I ?
Yeah i have my visa , hopefully going to ......... not sure yet !
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah i have my visa , hopefully going to ......... not sure yet !

Hey well at least you have your Visa, that is one thing less to worry about!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:50 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Hey well at least you have your Visa, that is one thing less to worry about!
it was the easy bit
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

it was the easy bit

Now Now, stop showing off!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Now Now, stop showing off!
Not got your's yet then Scotty? Nor us.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Yes all power to the Mum!!

How is it with you Mozzy - any higher offers?
obviously it's the weekend!! so my hopes are all ready for tomorrow!!!!
our neighbour hasn't come back to me yet if they are interested or not.
but i've only just realised i haven't told them about our pricedrop yet
maybe that would persuade them

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
oo thanks for that I was wondered what was goin on in here but the number of posts frightened me. We have joined the house sellers club. Put it up last week had 2 viewers both very interested but have to sell theirs. Im not holding my breath. Havent had any interest at all this week
Good luck everyone

Joex
hi joe!
2 viewers in 2 weeks - awesome!!!!

not that i want to scare you
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

thinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant future

Just found out about a really useful Firefox plugin, Property Bee, which can be found at: http://www.property-tools.co.uk

You can keep tabs on all the houses in your area, and see by how much other people are dropping their price. Probably more useful for buyers than sellers, but it's handy to keep tabs all the same.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
obviously it's the weekend!! so my hopes are all ready for tomorrow!!!!
our neighbour hasn't come back to me yet if they are interested or not.
but i've only just realised i haven't told them about our pricedrop yet
maybe that would persuade them

Run round there now!! tell her you have had an offer but as a friend, you didn't want her to lose out. Try to get a bidding war going!! So excited for you!!

hi joe!
2 viewers in 2 weeks - awesome!!!!

not that i want to scare you l:
LOL. best not just yet....

Originally Posted by thinking_about_it
Just found out about a really useful Firefox plugin, Property Bee, which can be found at: http://www.property-tools.co.uk

You can keep tabs on all the houses in your area, and see by how much other people are dropping their price. Probably more useful for buyers than sellers, but it's handy to keep tabs all the same.

Thanks - I think.... I've looked on property snake but we're not on there. PHEW!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Not got your's yet then Scotty? Nor us.

No Fly, I wish we had. What Visa are you applying for?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No Fly, I wish we had. What Visa are you applying for?
We're applying for 475 and have been in the visa process for 14 months now and I just want it to end now. How about you? You aren't an Augustee are you, you poor thing!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

It's a long story, have you got all night? Only joking.........Well actually to begin with we were hoping to go on a student Visa, Scott was going to be the student, but then we found out about the 457 visa and then we got in touch with some old mates of ours who actually live In Bunbury, WA and he thinks he might be able to get Scott a sponsor but we still have our house to sell yet and can't go until we have sold it as our funds are tied in the equity of the house, so it's a bit of a vicious circle really.

But if push comes to shove and Scott can't get a sponsor I think we will have to resort to going back to the student idea, but what ever happens we WILL make it out there, somehow........Just not sure how yet........so if anybody reading this post can fit four lovely people in their container it would be much appriciated Who knows I might even buy you a drink or 10,
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Evening all,

just read all 8 pages, that I had missed
I decided on Sat that I was going to decorate and put my mind to something useful, my OH thinks im mad but i need something else to do apart from sit and wait for the phone to ring lol
Well I finally got hold of my buyer, He still want the house but is having problems with the mortgage company, he told me that they want 15% deposit and he cannot afford that, he is still in talks with them trying to get it cheaper and will let me know on Monday -- the out come Fingers crossed they still go ahead as we have waited for 6 weeks for them and all this was meant to be sorted 4 weeks ago -- well thats what the EA said anyway.

They are going to get a nice phone call from me tomorrow

Hope everyone had a good weekend

emma
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's a long story, have you got all night? Only joking.........Well actually to begin with we were hoping to go on a student Visa, Scott was going to be the student, but then we found out about the 457 visa and then we got in touch with some old mates of ours who actually live In Bunbury, WA and he thinks he might be able to get Scott a sponsor but we still have our house to sell yet and can't go until we have sold it as our funds are tied in the equity of the house, so it's a bit of a vicious circle really.

But if push comes to shove and Scott can't get a sponsor I think we will have to resort to going back to the student idea, but what ever happens we WILL make it out there, somehow........Just not sure how yet........so if anybody reading this post can fit four lovely people in their container it would be much appriciated Who knows I might even buy you a drink or 10,:
Sounds like a familiar story. I hope that you sell soon and have the option of a student visa if you need it. We have that as a back up plan - I have a place on a Masters course - but if we can't sell the house then we can't go anyway. How long have you been on the market?

Fingers crossed for a sponsor and a quick sale.

Originally Posted by suart
Evening all,

just read all 8 pages, that I had missed
I decided on Sat that I was going to decorate and put my mind to something useful, my OH thinks im mad but i need something else to do apart from sit and wait for the phone to ring lol
Well I finally got hold of my buyer, He still want the house but is having problems with the mortgage company, he told me that they want 15% deposit and he cannot afford that, he is still in talks with them trying to get it cheaper and will let me know on Monday -- the out come Fingers crossed they still go ahead as we have waited for 6 weeks for them and all this was meant to be sorted 4 weeks ago -- well thats what the EA said anyway.

They are going to get a nice phone call from me tomorrow

Hope everyone had a good weekend

emma
LOL, I'm sure decorating is theraputic! Well done on getting hold of the buyer. What a bummer. I know this is probably a bit illegal, but can you put your price up but gift him the extra back to use as deposit????? fingers crossed for you. What a nightmare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.