Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

reassuring that we can always count on our OH's
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
reassuring that we can always count on our OH's
Mine is claiming he is ill. I had a tummy bug yesterday - still managed to spend all day taking DD to Cadbury World. He got it today and has spent all day on the sofa in his dressing gown.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

another thing we can count on

anyways, bed is calling!
speak to you tomorrow
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:40 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Hey, so you're going to Cairns too. ....have you been there often already? We've been there in 1996, 2000 and last October to validate our visa. Can't wait to go back. Our lives have been on hold too long already.

[B]/B]

Hi Tum

We have never been to cairns but spent some time in brisbane I feel strangely drawn to Cairns not sure why but looking forward to getting there.

FA have not spoken to buyers but have regular contactand feedback via the EA and solicitors.

Should have surveyor out this week but I am taking kids to Great yarmouth to see my nana their great Gran and my mum and aunties are there so i am going to say our goodbyes.

OH will be here for surveyor so he can take care of that.

Good luck everyone for the coming week I wont be around

Kaye x
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:52 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Tum

We have never been to cairns but spent some time in brisbane I feel strangely drawn to Cairns not sure why but looking forward to getting there.

FA have not spoken to buyers but have regular contactand feedback via the EA and solicitors.

Should have surveyor out this week but I am taking kids to Great yarmouth to see my nana their great Gran and my mum and aunties are there so i am going to say our goodbyes.

Kaye x
Hello Kaye , pleased its looking good for you .
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Tum

Kaye x
Have a good weeks Kaye. Bittersweet I expect.

Good luck with the survey.

Well, my mystery viewing was for the house. Told the EA I can't do the viewing as OH is ill - but then they told me that these people don't even have their house on the market!! They are looking for the right one and then they'll sell. WTF! I couldn't swear at them, but I felt like it. Told them to rearrange the appointment for a few days time. Bloomin annoying as I had already been round to the flat and cleaned as I had spoken to the Area Manager on Friday about the other viewing and specifically said that we needed time as we have a whole pile of stuff from the storage unit in the hall and can't do viewings at short notice. So I assumed that viewing must be for the flat. Then my OH was ill, so we couldn't shift the stuff anyway.:curse: OK rant over!!

Good luck to everyone this week!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

useless EA :curse:

surely they have to understand how difficult it is for us sellers

FA menflue still not over?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mOZzy
useless EA :curse:

surely they have to understand how difficult it is for us sellers

FA menflue still not over?
I think the problem was that one of the office workers made the appointment without ever having been to our house. It takes me about 8 hours to clean the place from top to bottom and I don't have a cleaner or anything. Then OH being ill meant that all the stuff he'd brought back from the storage unit couldn't go up the loft, (it takes 2 people to lift stuff up) but I had hauled it up the stairs myself to the spare room.

OH has flamin gone to work. I left him asleep in bed to take DD to school - had to creep around like a mouse and now I come home and he's gone!! He's a bloomin nuisance.

EA still hasn't phoned to confirm a rearrangement - I hope these people aren't going to turn up at 10.30. Do you think I should go out just in case???
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:03 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

8 hours of cleaning :curse: and that with a sick OH....no way.....!!
Better hide behind the sofa if the doorbell rings.......or decide to let them in anyway and take your chances.

My OH just rang to say we have a viewing Wednesday at 17.30. I'm getting all excited . At least I can get my place looking 'viewing worthy' in about 3 hours, at least that's something to be positive about
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tum
Better hide behind the sofa if the doorbell rings.......or decide to let them in anyway and take your chances.

My OH just rang to say we have a viewing Wednesday at 17.30. I'm getting all excited . At least I can get my place looking 'viewing worthy' in about 3 hours, at least that's something to be positive about
YAY!!! Great news Miranda!!! Worth changing agent just to get a viewing! Fingers crossed that this is the buyer and all your waiting will be over.

Well, the people didn't turn up. The EA hasn't phoned to rebook, wonder if they got the hump?? (Were offended) I know you shouldn't turn viewers away, but I can't mess around with people who haven't even had their house valued. Could be waiting another year for them to sell. I suggested they should come with the other viewing next Saturday. Let's hope they do. It would save me some cleaning!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:17 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

hi all
This is my first post on whinging pom house sellers, i juat have a few questions to ask , OH has phoned EA this morning 1st one and the question i would like to ask is what to expect from them , i have lived in this property for 16 years and i for the life of me cant remember what happened when i sold my flat, all those years ago. what do i need to ask and what do i agree to and disagree to , also is it a good idea to put your house on the internet also to see if we can get a private sale, we have heard about a HIP pack, never had this when i sold my flat many many years ago , what is it and do you have to pay for this upfront? any suggestions most appreciated

we have a sponsor for a 457 visa and so need to be a bit quick, i know we all need to sell and the sooner the better!!

kind regards
michell
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:34 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum

oohh great news Miranda
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:39 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by michell
hi all
This is my first post on whinging pom house sellers, i juat have a few questions to ask , OH has phoned EA this morning 1st one and the question i would like to ask is what to expect from them , i have lived in this property for 16 years and i for the life of me cant remember what happened when i sold my flat, all those years ago. what do i need to ask and what do i agree to and disagree to , also is it a good idea to put your house on the internet also to see if we can get a private sale, we have heard about a HIP pack, never had this when i sold my flat many many years ago , what is it and do you have to pay for this upfront? any suggestions most appreciated

we have a sponsor for a 457 visa and so need to be a bit quick, i know we all need to sell and the sooner the better!!

kind regards
michell
Hello Michell , well definitely get about 3 EAs round , listen to what they say & be realistic with the price .
a quick sale ,,, well you may have to be very realistic

some require HIPS payment when it is done , others stick it on the final bill . not sure what size property you have but i would say £250 is avarage HIPS costs . guy will turn up an expect to get have access to the loft etc

Oh , & always go on no sale no fee & always consider the length of contract time you sign up for .
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:40 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

its is buyers market ,,, & as you are buying their services you can barter too
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tum

great news!!! i've got everything x'd for you

Originally Posted by michell
hi all

kind regards
michell
oh, a tricky question.
what to ask? well, for the service included; what fees? any extra payments? how long the contract? what if you had a 2nd EA/or online one? where do they advertise? how will they support you? what are their opening hours?

i am sure there are 100s more questions - the others will help out

good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.