Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:26 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

morning all, hope all is well, ..............

still waiting to hear back from our offer on the house ...............

and I'm NOT addicted to B E.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More

Or me either
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all!

Can't believe you were up so late last night Lau!

Why don't you join in our discussions Comet555 - we don't discriminate against folks already in Oz! LOL Maybe the veet takes off the top layer of skin and makes you more sensitive???

Anyway! I've just had a stressful time with my nearest and dearest, as you know dear reader, the guy from yesterday is bringing his wife to see the house today. So I tried to keep it in the pristine condtion it was in yesterday. We have 2 bathrooms and I banned them from using one of them - if I'm going to have clean bathrooms again, I just wanted it to be one of the things. You would have thought they could compromise, but no, BIG arguments. DD trying to clean her teeth whilst OH shaved!! (In the same sink!!). OH moaning that he couldn't find anything and pulling stuff out of cupboards. Drawers left and cupboards left open. GRR. They disappeared off still arguing. I wouldn't want to be in that car!

Now I've just got to clean the wretched house again! Just praying this woman likes it!

Good luck to everyone in house selling land!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all!

Can't believe you were up so late last night Lau!Dunc working away and I hate sleeping alone x

Why don't you join in our discussions Comet555 - we don't discriminate against folks already in Oz! LOL Maybe the veet takes off the top layer of skin and makes you more sensitive???

Anyway! I've just had a stressful time with my nearest and dearest, as you know dear reader, the guy from yesterday is bringing his wife to see the house today. So I tried to keep it in the pristine condtion it was in yesterday. We have 2 bathrooms and I banned them from using one of them - if I'm going to have clean bathrooms again, I just wanted it to be one of the things. You would have thought they could compromise, but no, BIG arguments. DD trying to clean her teeth whilst OH shaved!! (In the same sink!!). OH moaning that he couldn't find anything and pulling stuff out of cupboards. Drawers left and cupboards left open. GRR. They disappeared off still arguing. I wouldn't want to be in that car!I find that I get really stressed when trying to keep the house clean. Do you know that my mood rubs off on the rest of the house whatever mood I am in the rest will shortly follow!

Now I've just got to clean the wretched house again! Just praying this woman likes it!If it sells it is worth it

Good luck to everyone in house selling land!
Good luck to you too x
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning both!

They STILL have come back to you?? Wonder if they have more people viewing and they are waiting to see if they have any more offers? Might be worth chasing the EA?

Originally Posted by Reedy
Or me either
Are you up already?? You must be knackered!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning both!

They STILL have come back to you?? Wonder if they have more people viewing and they are waiting to see if they have any more offers? Might be worth chasing the EA?

Are you up already?? You must be knackered!
I have to be in the Millenium Stadium at 10
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good luck to you too x
Thanks! Just on a knife edge of anxiety here!

I know what you mean about sleeping alone, I don't like it either. I tend to watch TV in bed for a bit of company and hope I drop off in the middle of program. Of course, then I wake up at 4am with the TV either blaring or on white noise. LOL. Hope you can get through today without collapsing from lack of sleep!

Think you're right about the stress rubbing off. I get to fever pitch when I'm cleaning as I hate it. LOL.

Hope you get a call from your EA today with a viewing or 2 - those hits should pay off!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:43 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

Morning both!

Are you up already??
usually up at 5 a.m., today I had a lie in, ...... got up at 6

was going to chase the ea today anyway, ........... I'll keep you informed
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have to be in the Millenium Stadium at 10
PMSL and you're on BE!! You should be getting ready!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

usually up at 5 a.m., today I had a lie in, ...... got up at 6

was going to chase the ea today anyway, ........... I'll keep you informed
Good luck! Might be worth hinting that you have found another property - might get them moving. It is a buyers market, (sadly for us!) your seller can't mess you about too much! be careful though, don't want to annoy them! It's difficult isn't it??

Fingers crossed you get some good news today - it is a lovely house.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:06 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't had much to say until now

Actually, I think I felt a little guilty because our house sold so easily. It took one whole week, which was actually a long time where we were. Most were sold in under 24 hours! It was a pretty crappy week though. We had about 3 showings a day, usually on half an hours notice and never back to back of course. Which meant I had to pack up both the kids on the spur of the moment, which were then 3 and 8 months old. The house has to spotless the entire week because of all the viewings and short notice. VERY stressful! But thankfully the process is a lot better in Canada, so once we had an offer and the conditions were met it was done.

I think it's terrible how the buyers & sellers for that matter can back out so late in the game. I can only imagine how stressful it is to be ready to go but not be able to sell. I must say though you're all handling it pretty well
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:17 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Of course, then I wake up at 4am with the TV either blaring or on white noise.
You should see if your tv has a sleep button. Our old tv had a button you could press and it would set your tv to turn off automatically in an hour or so. That way if you fell asleep your tv would turn itself off

Our new plasma has it as well only you have to go through the menu to get to it. We can also set it to go on and off at certain times in the day. Be careful with that though. When we were in University we used ours as an alarm so had it set to go on and off. We went home for Christmas and forgot to change it so the damn thing went on and off for at least a week. I'm sure our neighbours weren't impressed
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by comet555
I haven't had much to say until now

Actually, I think I felt a little guilty because our house sold so easily. It took one whole week, which was actually a long time where we were. Most were sold in under 24 hours! It was a pretty crappy week though. We had about 3 showings a day, usually on half an hours notice and never back to back of course. Which meant I had to pack up both the kids on the spur of the moment, which were then 3 and 8 months old. The house has to spotless the entire week because of all the viewings and short notice. VERY stressful! But thankfully the process is a lot better in Canada, so once we had an offer and the conditions were met it was done.

I think it's terrible how the buyers & sellers for that matter can back out so late in the game. I can only imagine how stressful it is to be ready to go but not be able to sell. I must say though you're all handling it pretty well
Don't be embarrassed that your house sold quickly - different times, different house! Sounds like you had a hard time of it, even if it was quick!

You should see if your tv has a sleep button. Our old tv had a button you could press and it would set your tv to turn off automatically in an hour or so. That way if you fell asleep your tv would turn itself off

Our new plasma has it as well only you have to go through the menu to get to it. We can also set it to go on and off at certain times in the day. Be careful with that though. When we were in University we used ours as an alarm so had it set to go on and off. We went home for Christmas and forgot to change it so the damn thing went on and off for at least a week. I'm sure our neighbours weren't impressed
LOL. When was in halls of residence at uni, the girl in the next 'cell' to me went away for a week and left her alarm on. It went off at 7am and rang until 8am. The door was locked. AGHHHH So I know how your neighbours felt. LOL.

I'll look for a sleep function next time, good idea, not sure if it will have one, as it is an old TV. (10 years plus!)

See, it's lovely posting on here. LOL. See you soon!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:14 pm
Canuck/Aussie

I'll look for a sleep function next time, good idea, not sure if it will have one, as it is an old TV. (10 years plus!)
Our tv from University was bought in 1997 so 10 years old now. So there's hope yet for you! Luckily for our neighbours they were probably away for Christmas too, although they may have come back earlier than we did.

I'm on my way to 1000 posts, so you might see me pop in from time to time
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:21 pm
Home Owner

I'm on my way to 1000 posts, so you might see me pop in from time to time

don't forget your poem when you do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.