Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:30 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Welcome back...even I noticed your lack of posting
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:31 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

One more to go.....
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:32 pm
Canuck/Aussie

So here's the poem:

There once was a young lady named Haley,
Who dreamed of warm weather and Bailey’s.
With a golden ticket I bid adieu,
And made a trip that was well overdue.
Kangaroos, koalas and the ocean,
I can now understand all the commotion.
Still can’t stay off B.E.
Might someday just have to flee!
But for now on here I can be seen,
Whilst ignoring the washing machine
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:33 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by comet555
I can't believe how quiet it is on here tonight (or morning for you I guess).

12:34 pm
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:34 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

So here's the poem:

Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

So here's the poem:

That's lovely!! Congrats on your 1000th post!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More
12:34 pm
So, you put in the offer last week and they still can't contact their clients??? Makes me think there is definately another viewing in the book and they want to wait to see if they get another offer. Try going round to the house and saying the EA can't get hold of them, did they know you had put in an offer. You might find out the truth.

Fingers crossed for you!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bushman
No, not sacked but wanted to wave a magic wand and help sell your houses. We are soooo quiet, so quiet. The market seem flat as a pancake. Hope you are all well.
Hiya Bushey!!

We don't blame you for our houses not selling. We just enjoy being able to whinge a real life EA. LOL.

I've just had a second viewing - a guy brought his wife back. He loves the house, not sure if she does. Oh dear, the woman always has last say! I'm just hoping she was playing her cards close to her chest.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:50 pm
Home Owner

Originally Posted by Fly Away
So, you put in the offer last week and they still can't contact their clients??? Makes me think there is definately another viewing in the book and they want to wait to see if they get another offer. Try going round to the house and saying the EA can't get hold of them, did they know you had put in an offer. You might find out the truth.

Fingers crossed for you!
waiting for other half to come back with the car to drive me there

(still injured from accident)
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

waiting for other half to come back with the car to drive me there

(still injured from accident)
Good on ya!! Take a piece of paper and a pen, if they're out, leave a note saying you put in an offer to the EA, how much for and that you are in a really good position to proceed quickly. Put your telephone number on it - as the EA is shut in the evening. They may just call.

Good luck!!

(Hope you are feeling a bit better too!)
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:57 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Hiya Bushey!!

We don't blame you for our houses not selling. We just enjoy being able to whinge a real life EA. LOL.

I've just had a second viewing - a guy brought his wife back. He loves the house, not sure if she does. Oh dear, the woman always has last say! I'm just hoping she was playing her cards close to her chest.
If the owner is there I never say a whole lot about the house, at least nothing positive anyway. Usually I would stay pretty quiet, make some mental notes and then talk all about it after I leave.

So you never know what they're thinking.

I still find it odd that you guys are there for the showings. All the showings I've ever been to or done the owner was out of the house. This was in Canada though. I did notice in Australia that the owners were home about half the time, so similar to the UK in that respect.

Anyway, now that I've done my 1000th (and got another star) I'm off to bed.

Last edited by comet555; Nov 9th 2007 at 12:01 am.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If the owner is there I never say a whole lot about the house, at least nothing positive anyway. Usually I would stay pretty quiet, make some mental notes and then talk all about it after I leave.

So you never know what they're thinking.

I still find it odd that you guys are there for the showings. All the showings I've ever been to or done the owner was out of the house. This was in Canada though. I did notice in Australia that the owners were home about half the time, so similar to the UK in that respect.

Anyway, now that I've done my 1000th (and got another star) I'm off to bed.

Hoping that's true!

We haven't got an EA at the moment. Ours wanted far too much money for the little bit of work they were prepared to do. I put the house on a website while I looked for another EA - so far have had more interest than when we had an EA, so haven't bothered getting another one!! Wonder what that says! So that's why I do the viewings! I don't mind and it means the viewer can ask questions that the EA can't answer. Also we are flexible and do evenings and weekends for people who work and I give them all a cup of tea / coffee and a biccie! If we really can't sell, we'll put it on with another EA and if that doesn't work, send it to auction.

Night night, sleep tight and dream about your 1000 posts!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:35 am
Home Owner

Hoping that's true!

We haven't got an EA at the moment. Ours wanted far too much money for the little bit of work they were prepared to do. I put the house on a website while I looked for another EA - so far have had more interest than when we had an EA, so haven't bothered getting another one!! Wonder what that says! So that's why I do the viewings! I don't mind and it means the viewer can ask questions that the EA can't answer. Also we are flexible and do evenings and weekends for people who work and I give them all a cup of tea / coffee and a biccie! If we really can't sell, we'll put it on with another EA and if that doesn't work, send it to auction.

Night night, sleep tight and dream about your 1000 posts!
PM sent, alas, no K, .....got to spread it about

virtual K instead
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PM sent, alas, no K, .....got to spread it about

virtual K instead
Thanks for the PM and the virtual K. Hope it works! We are out tomorrow, so might not know until Sunday.........
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bushy, I rubbed the lanten again and you appeared

Afternoon everyone, been busy this morning and waiting to see if we are going to exchange contracts today

We are always waiting for something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.