Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
sounds like a perfect relationship
PMSL. That's one way of describing it.

We are just used to each other's shortcomings.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:59 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL. That's one way of describing it.

We are just used to each other's shortcomings.
either way works

Well we have had a really fun evening - finally got around to finishing off last years tax returns
At least they are done now - no idea what we do about this years that will be a question for the tax office when we phone in the morning
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

either way works

Well we have had a really fun evening - finally got around to finishing off last years tax returns
At least they are done now - no idea what we do about this years that will be a question for the tax office when we phone in the morning
That does sound like fun

NOT!!

You probably have to wait until the end of the tax year to lodge this year's return in case you have any more UK earnings???? Just guessing here!!

Saw you on AB organising your Christmas. Hope that you get to meet up and have fun. Your boys should enjoy that!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:39 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

That does sound like fun

NOT!!

You probably have to wait until the end of the tax year to lodge this year's return in case you have any more UK earnings???? Just guessing here!!

Saw you on AB organising your Christmas. Hope that you get to meet up and have fun. Your boys should enjoy that!
I posted to ask for suggestions for a picnic on Christmas day - and suddenly people are arranging a meet excellent!

just waiting for that oaa address to turn up so we can make a decision on where to head - dont want to be driving for ages on christmas day but it would be nice to meet up with a few people and have a bit of a party
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:04 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

no we havent got the OAA address yet - we have been told we should get that 7-10 days before we are due to arrive which for us is just a couple of days before we fly

i have been doing a bit of internet research into suburbs/housing etc and belair and blackwood seem to tick a lot of our boxes - although the house prices are still at the top end of our budget
We would like to be in the hills but house prices may push us into the outlaying suburbs
You should look up a member name Dorothy (username and name). She lived in Adelaide for about a year I think, just recently moved to Perth though. But I believe she stayed in the on arrival accomadation so she might be able to tell you what it's like.

For general questions on adelaide there's Dorothy, and also Wendy. I'm sure if you do a search you'll get more info on here.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I posted to ask for suggestions for a picnic on Christmas day - and suddenly people are arranging a meet excellent!

just waiting for that oaa address to turn up so we can make a decision on where to head - dont want to be driving for ages on christmas day but it would be nice to meet up with a few people and have a bit of a party

AB seems to be more about the local support and information side of things, whereas BE seems to be more about the visa process / moving over side of things. Hopefully you'll be able to meet up with lots of other newbies and make new friends.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by comet555
You should look up a member name Dorothy (username and name). She lived in Adelaide for about a year I think, just recently moved to Perth though. But I believe she stayed in the on arrival accomadation so she might be able to tell you what it's like.

For general questions on adelaide there's Dorothy, and also Wendy. I'm sure if you do a search you'll get more info on here.
Evening / Morning Comet,

Just getting ready for bed here! How are you?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:32 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Evening / Morning Comet,

Just getting ready for bed here! How are you?
I'm good. Just getting ready to go to the gym (it's 9:30am here). Really need to get in shape, lose weight, etc.... so it's my 3rd day in a row! Quite good for me actually.

The gym has a child minding place so they can watch my two little kids when I go. Nice break for me although would rather be reading a book than exercising But it needs to be done. My goal is to be in a bikini by next Christmas!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm good. Just getting ready to go to the gym (it's 9:30am here). Really need to get in shape, lose weight, etc.... so it's my 3rd day in a row! Quite good for me actually.

The gym has a child minding place so they can watch my two little kids when I go. Nice break for me although would rather be reading a book than exercising But it needs to be done. My goal is to be in a bikini by next Christmas!
Gosh, you're good! 3 days in a row!

I joined a gym once, went for 6 weeks, damaged a muscle in my shoulder and was told off by the Dr and told not to go for 6 months. Haven't been back since. This could explain why I am no longer bikini material.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

personally i think that any girl who has the confidence to wear a bikini looks fab in it the only exeptions to this are the "things" on Jerry Springer who are a little extreme
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by graz79
personally i think that any girl who has the confidence to wear a bikini looks fab in it the only exeptions to this are the "things" on Jerry Springer who are a little extreme
That's the right answer Graz. Tiggs has trained you well!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, I just had a strange house selling experience.

A few weeks ago, a guy viewed our house. Said he really liked it blah, blah but hasn't sold his house, (said the usual about could buy without selling, which I don't believe anymore. ) Anyway, he just phoned to say sorry he hadn't phoned. Then he said he really liked the house but thought it needed something done at the entrance to make it look more impressive. OK, so I was waiting for him to say, he wasn't interested or wanted to make a low offer. Instead he said he would think about it and get back to us before Christmas. So I've come off the phone not really sure why he phoned. I tried to suggest that we would take a lower offer - without actually saying that, if you know what I mean. But it was a strange conversation as I was waiting for him to say something meaningful.

Anyone got any ideas??
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I just had a strange house selling experience.

A few weeks ago, a guy viewed our house. Said he really liked it blah, blah but hasn't sold his house, (said the usual about could buy without selling, which I don't believe anymore. ) Anyway, he just phoned to say sorry he hadn't phoned. Then he said he really liked the house but thought it needed something done at the entrance to make it look more impressive. OK, so I was waiting for him to say, he wasn't interested or wanted to make a low offer. Instead he said he would think about it and get back to us before Christmas. So I've come off the phone not really sure why he phoned. I tried to suggest that we would take a lower offer - without actually saying that, if you know what I mean. But it was a strange conversation as I was waiting for him to say something meaningful.

Anyone got any ideas??
Don't worry yourself about it - sounds a bit odd

I am back by the way - did you miss me????

Our house has sold sign up and the sale is in the hands of Solicitors now....

Getting exciting!!!!! Have booked party for the kids for 15th Dec for all their school friends too.

Speak later,

Lau xxx
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:46 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by graz79
personally i think that any girl who has the confidence to wear a bikini looks fab in it
That's very nice of you! I'm definitely not ready to wear one yet. I've got a 1 year old and a 3 year old to recover from, plus all the weight I packed on in University

So, a year is my goal. I've paid for the year membership so now I know I'll use it so I won't waste my money!

Anyone got any ideas??
Very odd.... Either he's just clueless and didn't understand there was no need to call and tell you that. Or, maybe he just didn't clue into the fact that he should make a lower offer. No idea...
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
Don't worry yourself about it - sounds a bit odd

I am back by the way - did you miss me????

Our house has sold sign up and the sale is in the hands of Solicitors now....

Getting exciting!!!!! Have booked party for the kids for 15th Dec for all their school friends too.

Speak later,

Lau xxx
Hi Lau - wondered where you were!

Must feel great to see the sold sign! And a party to look forward to! Then Christmas. Then move! Wow, not much to do then!

The guy was a bit odd. BUT he is a surveyor so should know how the process works. Just wondering if he is playing a game to get us to drop the price?

That's very nice of you! I'm definitely not ready to wear one yet. I've got a 1 year old and a 3 year old to recover from, plus all the weight I packed on in University

So, a year is my goal. I've paid for the year membership so now I know I'll use it so I won't waste my money!

Fitness First wouldn't refund my membership when I damaged my shoulder - they bank on a high drop out rate to make money.:curse: So keep going!

Very odd.... Either he's just clueless and didn't understand there was no need to call and tell you that. Or, maybe he just didn't clue into the fact that he should make a lower offer. No idea...
I'm still confused about it. See above. I am a bit cross as I had written him off and now I'm wondering if he might make an offer...................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.