Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning Somme. Only 9 days until the container comes. Aghhh!!!!!

Oh My God Is that all the time I have

Your guess is as good as mine with school. In herself she is fine, but she can't walk without a walking frame, get upstairs, go to the loo etc. Today we took the bandage off as instructed and it doesn't look too bad. I just can't see how she would cope at school - they have to change classrooms all the time - up and down stairs, miles to walk every day. She can just about get to the car at the moment. I am going to phone them today and ask as she could end up having weeks off if they can't make arrangements which they should, considering the injury was caused at school because they weren't supervisng the playground properly. I am now worried about our meds in case she isn't healed properly by then.
Poor thing, should not affect meds though, I injured my shoulder before mine just got a letter from Consultant to say when I should make a full recovery

Morning Tiggs, how is Graz, such a shame he fell ill on in party

Hope your knee is ok ((((HUGS)))

Back to form filling
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:13 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

morning girls
Morning Tiggs,

Glad to hear the party went well. Poor Graz, is he feeling any better today? Hope he doesn't want you to throw another one when he's better! Don't blame you for getting some rest, you must need it.

Poor you too. Can you walk OK? That's all you need isn't it? 14 days OMG. Mind you, so long as you have the stuff NOT to containarise (SP?) safely locked away, the packers will do the rest. Doesn't really matter if you take stuff you don't need. You can always dispose of it in Oz.
well if he does want to throw another party he will be doing it himself
trouble with the packing is we are likely to be short of container space as it is - estimator said we would need to have in mind things to leave out in case we run out of space!
so i really need to get rid of anything that we dont need - otherwise i might end up leaving things we do need

luckily my knee is not feeling too bad.
it is definitely going to have some fantastic brusining but doesnt seem to be otherwise damaged.
i sat this morning and rested it and i am still sort of hobbling up and down the stairs but general walking is ok - managed to nursery and back for youngest at half 11.
Phew that could have been much worse

Originally Posted by somme
Poor thing, should not affect meds though, I injured my shoulder before mine just got a letter from Consultant to say when I should make a full recovery

Back to form filling
Graz is feeling better - if not 100%
he is back in work today so cant be too bad
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Back to form filling
Thanks for that, I was getting worried as she doesn't seem to be getting anymore mobile, but obviously, it will heal and there will be no lasting effects, (I hope.) I will get a letter from the hospital when she has her follow up appointment.

Good luck with your form filling! What are you doing today?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that, I was getting worried as she doesn't seem to be getting anymore mobile, but obviously, it will heal and there will be no lasting effects, (I hope.) I will get a letter from the hospital when she has her follow up appointment.

Good luck with your form filling! What are you doing today?
Shipping forms and financial advisor forms, although they have made a mess of the appointment and I have to go next Monday as I wouldn't leave there office until 6.30pm Kings Cross in the dark no thankyou
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
morning girls

well if he does want to throw another party he will be doing it himself
trouble with the packing is we are likely to be short of container space as it is - estimator said we would need to have in mind things to leave out in case we run out of space!
so i really need to get rid of anything that we dont need - otherwise i might end up leaving things we do need

luckily my knee is not feeling too bad.
it is definitely going to have some fantastic brusining but doesnt seem to be otherwise damaged.
i sat this morning and rested it and i am still sort of hobbling up and down the stairs but general walking is ok - managed to nursery and back for youngest at half 11.
Phew that could have been much worse

Graz is feeling better - if not 100%
he is back in work today so cant be too bad
Glad to hear that Graz is feeling better and your knee isn't too bad. We're all in the wars aren't we??

Ah, so the container is going to be a squeeze..... Can you throw all the 'maybe' stuff in one room and get them to pack everything else and see if there is any more space? I've heard of a few people sending extra crates of stuff too - cheaper than a bigger container. None of this is easy of course when you have a gammy knee and a sickly husband. Good luck! Sending Ks if I can!

Just spoken to DDs headmistress and told her that I expect things to happen to sort this out and that they were lax in their responsibilities. This is the second such conversation we have had. I bet she loves me. She has promised to move hevean and earth to make it possible for Dd to go to school. We'll see................. Can't wait to get her out of there. I want my visa!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shipping forms and financial advisor forms, although they have made a mess of the appointment and I have to go next Monday as I wouldn't leave there office until 6.30pm Kings Cross in the dark no thankyou
That sounds fun! Hope you get the appointment sorted - doesn't sound fun Kings Cross in the dark!

I have ironing to do and a pile of paperwork too. Where does it all come from?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:59 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

just spoken to our solicitor - our buyers are not going to do the drains survey as when they spoke to northumbria water they were told that everything had been done as part of the planning permission - so one less thing to worry about!

it also turns out that we dont need the retrospective consent (we did planning permission but i had forgotten about the covenant on our deeds that said we needed council permission to build onto the house ) that we though we were missing for our extension - as it turns out it has already been done no idea what is going on as we didnt do it so it must have been done as part of the normal planning permission?!!! Solicitor was as puzzled as we were!

anyway this all means that we are just waiting for our buyers to say they are ready to set a date - solicitor is going to chase them asap and get back to us.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

just spoken to our solicitor - our buyers are not going to do the drains survey as when they spoke to northumbria water they were told that everything had been done as part of the planning permission - so one less thing to worry about!

it also turns out that we dont need the retrospective consent (we did planning permission but i had forgotten about the covenant on our deeds that said we needed council permission to build onto the house ) that we though we were missing for our extension - as it turns out it has already been done no idea what is going on as we didnt do it so it must have been done as part of the normal planning permission?!!! Solicitor was as puzzled as we were!

anyway this all means that we are just waiting for our buyers to say they are ready to set a date - solicitor is going to chase them asap and get back to us.
All sounding good to go
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

fantastic news Tiggs, your definietly getting there.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:09 am
sneaking a peek ...

Glad to hear that Graz is feeling better and your knee isn't too bad. We're all in the wars aren't we??

Ah, so the container is going to be a squeeze..... Can you throw all the 'maybe' stuff in one room and get them to pack everything else and see if there is any more space? I've heard of a few people sending extra crates of stuff too - cheaper than a bigger container. None of this is easy of course when you have a gammy knee and a sickly husband. Good luck! Sending Ks if I can!

Just spoken to DDs headmistress and told her that I expect things to happen to sort this out and that they were lax in their responsibilities. This is the second such conversation we have had. I bet she loves me. She has promised to move hevean and earth to make it possible for Dd to go to school. We'll see................. Can't wait to get her out of there. I want my visa!
apparently once they start the packing they are pretty good at judging what is going to fit and what isnt.
i just need to get rid of antyhing that doesnt need to go - then if it comes to the crunch i will start allocating things to leave behind. No additional crates for us - we have already said if it doesnt fit in the container it isnt going!!! (cant afford any more than the one container!)

these days the quickest way to get a school to sort something out is to threaten them with legal action - sad but true. If you push the 'your responsibility' angle i bet they sort it out.

Just think of it this way - your wait for you visa (at least from application to grant) is definitely going to be shorter than our 8 month wait!!
It will be with you in no time!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:11 am
sneaking a peek ...

All sounding good to go
Originally Posted by Gonnago
fantastic news Tiggs, your definietly getting there.
oooooh if only we could exchange before we fly - what a weight that would be off my mind ...
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it also turns out that we dont need the retrospective consent (we did planning permission but i had forgotten about the covenant on our deeds that said we needed council permission to build onto the house that we though we were missing for our extension - as it turns out it has already been done no idea what is going on as we didnt do it so it must have been done as part of the normal planning permission?!!! Solicitor was as puzzled as we were!

All sounds good. It sounds like neither solicitor read the documents properly...... but at least it came out in your favour!

Fingers crossed for a DATE for exchange!

apparently once they start the packing they are pretty good at judging what is going to fit and what isnt.
i just need to get rid of antyhing that doesnt need to go - then if it comes to the crunch i will start allocating things to leave behind. No additional crates for us - we have already said if it doesnt fit in the container it isnt going!!! (cant afford any more than the one container!)

these days the quickest way to get a school to sort something out is to threaten them with legal action - sad but true. If you push the 'your responsibility' angle i bet they sort it out.

Just think of it this way - your wait for you visa (at least from application to grant) is definitely going to be shorter than our 8 month wait!!
It will be with you in no time!
Don't envy you sorting your stuff out for the container. I am dreading it. I'm a horder............... I hope for your sanity that you're not!

Last time I complained I'd researched all about how to deregister a child from school and the headmistress knew I wasn't joking. I think she is now scared that I will carry out my word if things don't happen. She'd have a lot of explaining to do. Of course she doesn't know that I will have the last laugh and remove her anyway. All the other parents are running scared because it is difficult to get into the school, supposed to be the best in Wales etc, etc. I don't care too much about upsetting the school for obvious reasons and it confuses the teachers.

oooooh if only we could exchange before we fly - what a weight that would be off my mind ...
That would be fantastic!! Fingers crossed it works out!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:08 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

TA-DAH!!! S'ONLY ME!

just thought i'd say:

good luck this week people!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
TA-DAH!!! S'ONLY ME!

just thought i'd say:

good luck this week people!!
Afternoon SS. How are you??
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:14 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon SS. How are you??
slightly barmy as per usual. my boy is driving me potty today. other than that i'm fine.

how are you all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.