Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 15th 2007, 5:07 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Reedy
Hi all,

Update on yesterday the Australian couple have come back to the EA and are saying that they can raise a mortgage for £5k less than revised price - which is still £15k more than we could get selling through an investor!!!

They are coming to view again tomorrow at 4.30pm and if they offer us this we will accept. They loved the house before so keep your fingers crossed for me......

I seriously need all the karma I can get now...

Lau xx
k sent, good luck and keep us posted

Originally Posted by somme
Well quick update

Booked removals for 28 and 29 November, cancelled all D.D. and standing order, taken my car for service and taxed it for my daughter who is having my car plus 2 new tyres and tracking, phew no wonder I am exhusted.

Reedy K sent I hope they buy

That just leaves you flyaway.

Tiggs just relised I fly 2 days after you, no wonder it has gone quite on here
#

my god havent you been busy, who did you book for removals in the end?
without running the risk of sounding like i'm going on, no we havent got date sorted, first time buyer says that 28th nov is ok by her but apparently she keeps coming up with more questions to be answered.,my buyer is trying his best, will talk to him about it on sunday when he comes to measure up for curtains please everyone cross everything you've got

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi ya Somme!

All sounds fantastic! W2BT is flying 2nd Dec too! Reedy wants to go New year's eve. I'll be here with Gonnago and Amanda and you lot will be having fun in Oz. It's a good job I like you all, otherwise a woman could get bitter!

Don't think we'll sell this side of Christmas unless someone who has already viewed puts in an offer. All gone quiet now. When DD is a bit better, I'll get the EA we think is the least worst, round again for a revaluation. It may be, we just haven't dropped the price enough, or it may just be a crappy market. After Crimbo at the latest will market it with this agent too. Just need to sell it!

yep we're going 2nd dec no matter what, somme are you the 2nd aswell from heathrow
Old Nov 15th 2007, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Melbourne too, he is an Australian citizen and they went over 2 years ago, her on a spouse visa.
Ironically she loved it there and he didn't

So they have returned to the UK.....

L xx
Hope they get back to you soon!

Just look on it as cosmic ordering. The World is making sure the right people are in the right place. Find out where they lived in Melbourne - bet you'd like it if they like your house!

A little girl started in DD's class last week - from Sydney! My DD had to look after her. Very strange! I guess there is a big transfer of people from the UK to Oz and vice versa.

He is coming out with his mum and she is coming back early as she has to work and the holidays are a nightmare for her, so I will have the pleasure
That sounds lovely. What an adventure for a little boy. I bet no other kids in his class go to stay with granny in QLD for the holidays!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:44 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Well quick update

Booked removals for 28 and 29 November, cancelled all D.D. and standing order, taken my car for service and taxed it for my daughter who is having my car plus 2 new tyres and tracking, phew no wonder I am exhusted.

Reedy K sent I hope they buy

That just leaves you flyaway.

Tiggs just relised I fly 2 days after you, no wonder it has gone quite on here
What exactly are you saying then again you could have a point

I have spent all afternoon shopping for a farewell bbq party on saturday when upwards of 60 people are going to decend upon my house (incidentally the weather forcast is for rain ) it is going to take all day tomorrow getting sorted for aforementioned party, saturday is the party so going to be playing hostess all day and then sunday will be clearing up again ... and i would just like to point out that this party is Graz's idea not mine (i would just have gone and got on the plane and not told anyone ) so not sure how it is taking ME four days to organise

Really i dont know what i am complaining about - after all we still have a whole 21 days to organise something little like moving to the other side of the world - i have no idea what all the panic is about
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
What exactly are you saying then again you could have a point

I have spent all afternoon shopping for a farewell bbq party on saturday when upwards of 60 people are going to decend upon my house (incidentally the weather forcast is for rain ) it is going to take all day tomorrow getting sorted for aforementioned party, saturday is the party so going to be playing hostess all day and then sunday will be clearing up again ... and i would just like to point out that this party is Graz's idea not mine (i would just have gone and got on the plane and not told anyone ) so not sure how it is taking ME four days to organise

Really i dont know what i am complaining about - after all we still have a whole 21 days to organise something little like moving to the other side of the world - i have no idea what all the panic is about

you must be off your rocker Im having the no fuss option (quiet meals with close family and friends) but then gonna have a house warming parteeeeeee when i find somewhere out in oz. Good luck
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
you must be off your rocker Im having the no fuss option (quiet meals with close family and friends) but then gonna have a house warming parteeeeeee when i find somewhere out in oz. Good luck
My kids have been organising a leaving party!!!! I have big lists of what they want and who they want to invite...

Lau x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:54 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
not my idea
was talked into it

at least we will be saying goodbye to all but close family in one fell swoop - so by monday i will be able to concentrate on being ready for the shippers coming in

Edited to add - i hope i get an invite to your house warming !!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:55 am
sneaking a peek ...

My kids have been organising a leaving party!!!! I have big lists of what they want and who they want to invite...

Lau x
well at least they have done the organising for you
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

well at least they have done the organising for you
I seriously have been handed about 6 sheets of A4 with their plans and guest lists....

Guess I have to do the party now

L x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:01 am
sneaking a peek ...

I seriously have been handed about 6 sheets of A4 with their plans and guest lists....

Guess I have to do the party now

L x
I know just how you feel
sending lots of ((((sympathy)))) in your direction
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

not my idea
was talked into it

at least we will be saying goodbye to all but close family in one fell swoop - so by monday i will be able to concentrate on being ready for the shippers coming in

Edited to add - i hope i get an invite to your house warming !!!

Of course you are invited! everyone is invited
My daughter went out with 20 friends for an indian good bye meal last weekend and my son had a sleep over so im not totally heartless - just incase you wonder
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know just how you feel
sending lots of ((((sympathy)))) in your direction
Thanks got a feeling I'm going to need it soon.

Laux
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all!

Sounds like you all have a lot of party organising to do. I thought it was the job of your best friend to organise the leaving party??? That's what I'm telling everyone!

Hope you have a great time Tiggs!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Evening all!

Sounds like you all have a lot of party organising to do. I thought it was the job of your best friend to organise the leaving party??? That's what I'm telling everyone!

Hope you have a great time Tiggs!
My sister did talk about organising one but her hands and other things are full at the mo

Lau xx
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My sister did talk about organising one but her hands and other things are full at the mo

Lau xx
If you organise it early enough, it shouldn't be too bad - go somewhere they can do the food for you too! Delegate lots to Duncan!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you organise it early enough, it shouldn't be too bad - go somewhere they can do the food for you too! Delegate lots to Duncan!
Duncan has enough on his plate too - he is working away all of December.....

So I will be packing and party planning by all accounts....

Lau

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.