Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:02 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Lau - hope you are feeling better today too.

See my advice to Tiggs below;

Thanks - you need your rest hun, have a cup of coffee and snuggle up with Phil and Fern. After all, you won't see them again!!

Hopefully we'll be there by July - maybe sooner if we can sell this place. Just enough time to learn from your experiences. PMSL!!
i was planning on making a whole set of notes for you
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:07 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

spoken to solicitor today - apparently our buyers want an extra inspection for the drains - when we built our extension we built over the sewer but the drains etc were all inspected by someone from the water company at the time before planning permission was granted - so dont know why the want to do it again

anyway it is going to mean more delays for us
solicitor actually asked me today if there was someone we could leave the sale with if it doesnt go through before we leave so she is obviously planning for the worst xx
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:12 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
spoken to solicitor today - apparently our buyers want an extra inspection for the drains - when we built our extension we built over the sewer but the drains etc were all inspected by someone from the water company at the time before planning permission was granted - so dont know why the want to do it again

anyway it is going to mean more delays for us
solicitor actually asked me today if there was someone we could leave the sale with if it doesnt go through before we leave so she is obviously planning for the worst xx
thats a bugger, especially if you have evidence of an inspection before building you sometimes wonder who comes up with these ideas!.
still no news re date, i could write a book on this saga
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:20 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by want2bthere
thats a bugger, especially if you have evidence of an inspection before building you sometimes wonder who comes up with these ideas!.
still no news re date, i could write a book on this saga
well we dont have an inspection report - but it was arranged as part of the planning permission - which we wouldnt have been granted without the approval - solicitor says it isnt a problem but just another delay *sigh*

is there any way you can force a date? i cant imagine how stressed you must be getting about this
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:41 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

well we dont have an inspection report - but it was arranged as part of the planning permission - which we wouldnt have been granted without the approval - solicitor says it isnt a problem but just another delay *sigh*

is there any way you can force a date? i cant imagine how stressed you must be getting about this
solicitor just trying to dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
well think we are all agreed on 28th nov just waiting for confirmation from bottom of chain, should be today, got everything crossed. my solicitor just rang and i ended up giving her an update, i mean what do we pay them for
and yep really stressed, good for losing weight though!!!

Last edited by want2bthere; Nov 14th 2007 at 1:42 am. Reason: stressed, stressed and you've got it STREESED
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:28 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by want2bthere
solicitor just trying to dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
well think we are all agreed on 28th nov just waiting for confirmation from bottom of chain, should be today, got everything crossed. my solicitor just rang and i ended up giving her an update, i mean what do we pay them for
and yep really stressed, good for losing weight though!!!
is that the 28th for exchange or completion?
that is still a long way off for you
i have to admit that my solicitor is very on the ball and worth her fee - but i do wonder why i am paying the EA about 4 times as much

EDITED to add - i can recommend this tummy bug for loosing weight - i have eaten half a tin of chicken soup, a very small bowl of cereal and a slice of bread in two days!!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

We have just exchanged , yahoo can start to really plan everything now, completion set for the 30 November
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:10 am
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Originally Posted by somme
We have just exchanged , yahoo can start to really plan everything now, completion set for the 30 November
Congratulations somme, a big hurdle out of the way!!!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now the mad woman can't let you down!

16 days until you complete - WOW.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:54 am
sneaking a peek ...

YAY!!!!

maybe your buyer wasnt that mad after all
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all,

Well I've had the day from hell. Spent all morning waiting for my solicitor to send an email. Turns out that she doesn't know how??

Anyway, phone rang at 1.30 and it's DD's school saying she has twisted her ankle. Now she was supposed to be going to a friends house for tea tonight and I was supposed to be having a rest from ferrying her about. No such luck, I have to rush out and collect her. I find that she is in a terrible state and am convinced that she has broken her ankle as she can't put any weight on it at all and is in extreme pain. Anyway, I go to A&E - the drop off point and have to carry her in screaming and crying. A lovely woman runs to get a porter and wheelchair, but none available. Carry her into reception and book her in. Receptionist says there are no wheelchairs! So me and the nice woman carry her to childrens A&E and then I have to leave her as they told me I'll be fined for parking there. (What am I supposed to do???) So I drive round and round the hospital, worried sick about the 7 year old I had to abandon and can't find a space for ages and then I have to run accross the hospital to get back to A&E. Get Xrayed really quickly. Then wait and wait and wait. DD is in lots of pain. After an hour and a half I ask what the hold up is - they had forgotten about us! Eventually see a Dr after his break and he 'thinks' it isn't broken, just badly sprained but bring her back in if her toes go blue!!! So now she is strapped from toes to knee and still can't walk. They gave her a zimmer frame thing, but it still took half an hour to get back to the car and she cried the whole way. So now she is on the sofa with her foot up - she has to stay this way for 3 days. They will see her again in 2 weeks.

In the meantime I have phoned OH up and asked him to come home early to deal with the email the solicitor is sending. Guess what, he doesn't - even though she finally manages to send it at 3.45pm. So I have a load of crap to deal with tomorrow as I had to respond today. AGHHHHHHHHHHHH Why are other people useless??:curse::curse::curse::curse:

OK rant over! I feel better now and I'm going to find some coffee and a biscuit!

Last edited by Fly Away; Nov 14th 2007 at 6:16 am.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Yeah Somme thats fab !!

A x
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening all,

Well I've had the day from hell. Spent all morning waiting for my solicitor to send an email. Turns out that she doesn't know how??

Anyway, phone rang at 1.30 and it's DD's school saying she has twisted her ankle. Now she was supposed to be going to a friends house for tea tonight and I was supposed to be having a rest from ferrying her about. No such luck, I have to rush out and collect her. I find that she is in a terrible state and am convinced that she has broken her ankle as she can't put any weight on it at all and is in extreme pain. Anyway, I go to A&E - the drop off point and have to carry her in screaming and crying. A lovely woman runs to get a porter and wheelchair, but none available. Carry her into reception and book her in. Receptionist says there are no wheelchairs! So me and the nice woman carry her to childrens A&E and then I have to leave her as they told me I'll be fined for parking there. (What am I supposed to do???) So I drive round and the hospital, worried sick about the 7 year old I had to abandon and can't find a space for ages and then I have to run accross the hospital to get back to A&E. Get Xrayed really quickly. Then wait and wait and wait. DD is in lots of pain. After an hour and a half I ask what the hold up is - they had forgotten about us! Eventually see a Dr after his break and he 'thinks' it isn't broken, just badly sprained but bring her back in if her toes go blue!!! So now she is strapped from toes to knee and still can't walk. They gave her a zimmer frame thing, but it still took half an hour to get back to the car and she cried the whole way. So now she is on the sofa with her foot up - she has to stay this way for 3 days. They will see her again in 2 weeks.

In the meantime I have phoned OH up and asked him to come home early to deal with the email the solicitor is sending. Guess what, he doesn't - even though she finally manages to send it at 3.45pm. So I have a load of crap to deal with tomorrow as I had to respond today. AGHHHHHHHHHHHH Why are other people useless??:curse::curse::curse::curse:

OK rant over! I feel better now and I'm going to find some coffee and a biscuit!
You know I have a bad day come on here and realise my days are really not that bad in comparison lol !

Better day tom hun

A XX
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
You know I have a bad day come on here and realise my days are really not that bad in comparison lol !

Better day tom hun

A XX
Thanks Amanada - didn't want to out 'crap day' you.

I promise I won't tell you your day isn't crap enough, if you vent on here.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i was planning on making a whole set of notes for you
Just saw this - sorry Tiggs!!

Could you get them bound for us too??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.