Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Reedy
I'll bring one for you on Sun
Thanks - and

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You got 6000 posts! I never even noticed how close we were. I'm sure that means you'll get an offer on your house!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Well it has taken 18 months from date of application !!! totally crazy. Lets hope survey and all has gone well and we shall be one step closer to living our dream !!

A x
Congratulations Hun

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi all,

You're not going to believe what just happened to me!

You know I had a near miss with the car this morning. Well, tonight, with my DD in the back, I nearly had a smash in exactly the same place as some idiot drove into me in Feb. I was in the left lane going onto the roundabout when a van decided to cut from the right hand lane to turn left - straight into me! I had to brake and the lorry behind me nearly rear ended me.

Then, an old biddy cut out in front of me a couple of miles up the road, causing me to stand on the brakes AGAIN. I am a nervous wreck. My neck is killing me from 3 energency stops in one day. At no time was I driving fast, or in the wrong lane or doing anything other than just travelling normally along the road. I am just so scared I might end up having a bad smash. The traffic is just manic.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. OH is out tonight.

No phone calls from people putting in offers. Flamin solicitor isn't returning my calls when I asked her to ring me this morning. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Be careful tomorrow

Originally Posted by want2bthere
OMG fly, think you should stay in for rest of night. sure you havent got any 'feel free to have a go' stickers anywhere
EA rang, buyer would like to set date of wed 28th as he cant get fri 23rd of work, what ever just set a date with everyone and let me know they want to come on sunday to measure up for curtains, best clean spotless again, let it slip a bit since we stopped having viewings
Slip a bit, I have been so busy sorting I have not cleaned in over a week

Well after tracking son of the old lady next door down in Hong Kong it looks like we will be exchanging tomorrow, fingers crossed please everyone
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Congratulations Hun

Be careful tomorrow

I will! I'm quite scared now. Last time I felt like this, I was living in Manchester and working in Stoke. I used to drive 50 miles a day down the M6 every day. I had one serious accident and so many near misses, that I gave up the job. My colleague, who did the same journey was killed on the same road, 3 months later.

Slip a bit, I have been so busy sorting I have not cleaned in over a week

Shouldn't worry!

Well after tracking son of the old lady next door down in Hong Kong it looks like we will be exchanging tomorrow, fingers crossed please everyone
YAY!! Fingers crossed it goes through!

Why did you have to find the guy in Singas??
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

YAY!! Fingers crossed it goes through!

Why did you have to find the guy in Singas??
We both have a flying freehold (airing cupboard each over each others property) and he has been put on the deeds of his mums house she is 93 but did not know this until this morning. So emailed the deed for him to sign and fax and post the original. Job done
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Off to bed now see you all in the morning, take care fly away, Tiggs hope you feel better.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Off to bed now see you all in the morning, take care fly away, Tiggs hope you feel better.
Night Somme, hope it all goes well tomorrow!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:43 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

To Hayles,

Not sure which one you are as I can't be bothered to go back and find out. I'm assuming your name is Hayley. Just thought I'd let you know that most people here will spell your name correctly. So you shouldn't have to be constantly correcting people.

My name is Haley and everyone tries to spell it Hayley here, they even get it wrong when I spell it out to them (happened at home too). In Canada everyone spelt it Hailey.

Why do people ask you how to spell your name and then don't listen? I've had to send bank cards back because they didn't pay attention!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by comet555
To Hayles,

Not sure which one you are as I can't be bothered to go back and find out. I'm assuming your name is Hayley. Just thought I'd let you know that most people here will spell your name correctly. So you shouldn't have to be constantly correcting people.

My name is Haley and everyone tries to spell it Hayley here, they even get it wrong when I spell it out to them (happened at home too). In Canada everyone spelt it Hailey.

Why do people ask you how to spell your name and then don't listen? I've had to send bank cards back because they didn't pay attention!

Sorry to hear you've had problems Haley! I think I'm going to have a problem too. Apparently my name isn't well known. Even my Aussie family can't say it. It's not wierd or anything! Really common in the UK. Can you guess what it is?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - and

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You got 6000 posts! I never even noticed how close we were. I'm sure that means you'll get an offer on your house!
I hope so - I also hit 3000 at about the same time xxx
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope so - I also hit 3000 at about the same time xxx
I didn't notice that either! I think we need a poem!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't notice that either! I think we need a poem!
How about I promise to write you one tomorrow????

I am applying for jobs and waiting for a phone call tonight!!!!!

What are you doing up now?

Lau xx
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:17 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear you've had problems Haley! I think I'm going to have a problem too. Apparently my name isn't well known. Even my Aussie family can't say it. It's not wierd or anything! Really common in the UK. Can you guess what it is?
I'm so used to it now it's not that big of a deal. I'm almost 29 and people have always been spelling my name wrong. I usually don't bother to correct people unless it's for something really important.

I can't even guess what your name is, I have no idea what a poplular name would be in the UK. A quick search turned up Olivia, but that might be popular for new babies?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by comet555
I'm so used to it now it's not that big of a deal. I'm almost 29 and people have always been spelling my name wrong. I usually don't bother to correct people unless it's for something really important.

I can't even guess what your name is, I have no idea what a poplular name would be in the UK. A quick search turned up Olivia, but that might be popular for new babies?
I'm a bit too old for Olivia - think late 60s early 70's.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How about I promise to write you one tomorrow????

I am applying for jobs and waiting for a phone call tonight!!!!!

What are you doing up now?

Lau xx

I missed this post somehow.

I'm just off to bed - have been watching TV and OH snoring on the sofa!

What jobs have you applied for?? Is it a telephone interview?? Good luck if it is!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:34 am
Canuck/Aussie

I'm a bit too old for Olivia - think late 60s early 70's.
I'm going to guess Elizabeth or Catherine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.