Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Tiggs are you OK
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:36 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

afternoon all

Originally Posted by somme
Well I had a day from hell yesterday my solicitor is a complete arse, so I gave the ultimatium, exchange by Wednesday or I pull out

Suddenly loads of phonecalls, received the cheque for carpet and curtains this morning and buyer phoning me to say she as signed the exchange papers and has told her solicitor to exchange by wednesday as she doesn't want to loose the house

We will see
sounds like your ultimatum is working - fingers crossed they get it sorted!!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning All!

Tiggs - hope your feeling better hun, sending you some virtual chicken soup.

Me, I've just had my life flash infront of me as some idiot pulled out infront of me and I had to slam the brakes on. Smell of buring rubber and I stopped about 1" short of his car. I was shaking and stalled the car and he LAUGHED and drove off. I want to get away from this traffic. AGHHH.:curse:
Feeling bloody awful actually
got the tummy bug that middle son had on sunday night.
thanks for the chicken soup but i am afraid i am not going to be eating anything for a while
... and i really dont have time to be ill right now!

What a &%*@ - people are soooo inconsiderate :curse::curse::curse:
Not sure that ozzie drivers are going to be much better mind - although hopefully there are going to be less of them!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:40 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Tiggs are you OK
sitting on the sofa feeling sorry for myself
i keep thinging that i really ought to be doing something!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
afternoon all

Feeling bloody awful actually - got the tummy bug that middle son had on sunday night.
thanks for the chicken soup but i am afraid i am not going to be eating anything for a while
... and i really dont have time to be ill right now!

What a &%*@ - people are soooo inconsiderate :curse::curse::curse:
Not sure that ozzie drivers are going to be much better mind - although hopefully there are going to be less of them!

Sounds grim - hope that it is over as quickly as your son's was! Hope it didn't make things worse thinking about chicken soup! Take to your bed and make a list of stuff Graz can do tonight to make up for the time you've lost. It will make it worse to push yourself too much.

I'm just hoping we can live somewhere in Adelaide where the traffic isn't so stupid. When we were there in April, we drove through the rush hour and didn't even notice, the roads were so quiet in comparision to rush hour here. Obviously, it may still seem busy to you.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

No - you should rest. Hopefully it's a 24 hour thing. Write some lists - or how about your christmas cards! (Sorry, did I remind you. )

EDIT - just thought of a solution to the Xmas cards. Write a message and sign it. Scan into computer. Print off onto stickers. Get kids to stick in cards. Job done! I'm brilliant - think I'll do that myself!

Last edited by Fly Away; Nov 12th 2007 at 11:52 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:50 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I am fine now can't wait Just wish I could book the removals, who did you go with in the end and have you taken their insurance?
good, we've gone with excess international movers cheapest at £3100, included free air crate and yep took insurance at 2.5% with £50 discount of final price every little helps.
ok update folks................EA just called, shes spoke with bottom of chains solicitors and their ready, just waiting for 2 enquirys to come back about damp & timber treatment and she seems quite positive now about 23rd nov, BUT couple are having a 100% mortgage so will have to exchange and complete on same day not ideal but what can we do????.
our buyers just have to sign a document and send back and they'll be ready aswell.
we've booked shippers for 29/30th nov but they say they might be able to do it 22/23rd just to let them know asap.
told EA that we have to know by the end of week if its going to happen next friday otherwise it will be week after! 3 days notice is not enough
god i'm exhausted after writing that lot need a cuppa
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:53 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

awwwwh tiggs, you poorly, i had that last week, but mine lasted a week and still dont feel great now, and now OH has it gone to work today looking like death i blame stress
take it easy and drink plenty, hope you're feeling better soon.
best get back to sorting out the accounts
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:55 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Sounds grim - hope that it is over as quickly as your son's was! Hope it didn't make things worse thinking about chicken soup! Take to your bed and make a list of stuff Graz can do tonight to make up for the time you've lost. It will make it worse to push yourself too much.

I'm just hoping we can live somewhere in Adelaide where the traffic isn't so stupid. When we were there in April, we drove through the rush hour and didn't even notice, the roads were so quiet in comparision to rush hour here. Obviously, it may still seem busy to you.
i spent many years working in newcaslte city centre - the traffic can only be better than that

Graz is picking middle son up at three then coming home - i might head back off to bed for a bit then. Eldest has been fab - took both his brothers to school this morning, then picked youngest up at lunch time and made him something to eat
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by want2bthere
good, we've gone with excess international movers cheapest at £3100, included free air crate and yep took insurance at 2.5% with £50 discount of final price every little helps.
ok update folks................EA just called, shes spoke with bottom of chains solicitors and their ready, just waiting for 2 enquirys to come back about damp & timber treatment and she seems quite positive now about 23rd nov, BUT couple are having a 100% mortgage so will have to exchange and complete on same day not ideal but what can we do????.
our buyers just have to sign a document and send back and they'll be ready aswell.
we've booked shippers for 29/30th nov but they say they might be able to do it 22/23rd just to let them know asap.
told EA that we have to know by the end of week if its going to happen next friday otherwise it will be week after! 3 days notice is not enough
god i'm exhausted after writing that lot need a cuppa
OMG. They know how to pile on the pressure don't they. Do they know you are emigrating? It just seems very unfair on you, because someone else in the chain is broke! You're right 3 days isn't enough notice. God, you must be tearing your hair out.

Fingers crossed they can give you a definate date SOON!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Can't do much honey that will help, just checking while Graz is at work
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i spent many years working in newcaslte city centre - the traffic can only be better than that

Graz is picking middle son up at three then coming home - i might head back off to bed for a bit then. Eldest has been fab - took both his brothers to school this morning, then picked youngest up at lunch time and made him something to eat
Well, I haven't been to Newcastle, so I can't say, but traffic is loads better than Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Cardiff and of course London - all places I have lived and driven.

Ah, the boys soound like they are being good. Hope making lunch wasn't too 'eugh' for you! Hope Graz is home quickly and can take over this evening. Nothing worse than looking after a little one when you feel ill. (((())))
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:11 am
so far so good

OMG. They know how to pile on the pressure don't they. Do they know you are emigrating? It just seems very unfair on you, because someone else in the chain is broke! You're right 3 days isn't enough notice. God, you must be tearing your hair out.

Fingers crossed they can give you a definate date SOON!
#

everybody and his dog knows that we're emigrating, we'll just have to go with the flow and hope that everybody will be good to go on what ever date they choose. i just want a date
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:13 am
so far so good

ahhh bless, what a lovely child you have, theres nothing worse than looking after young children when all you want to to is curl up
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Whinging Pom House seller

HOLY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CRIED, THEN LAUGHED, THEN CRIED, THEN NEARLY PASSED OUT

WE STILL CANT BELIEVE IT !!!

AMANDA AND PHIL XX
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
HOLY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CRIED, THEN LAUGHED, THEN CRIED, THEN NEARLY PASSED OUT

WE STILL CANT BELIEVE IT !!!

AMANDA AND PHIL XX
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It's a good week for visas!! Bet you can't believe it??

When did you apply??

Got to exchange now!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.