Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Then you joined in and egged everyone on!

Daunted was there too!!! I remember - even though I was p'd!
who ME????????????? surely NOT
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Im off to have a look.....

I did nothing that cant be discussed - drank lots of vodka, drank a bit more and danced the night away - my two fave hobbies!! heaven, felt overso rough on the flight back though *bleurgh*
Sounds good! Hope your flight wasn't too bumpy LOL.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
who ME????????????? surely NOT
Yup you were!! Laughing your head off and asking for single men to introduce themselves!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

You guys are shameful. Disgraceful behaviour!!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know you would not behave like that Hayles. I was only going along with it because I felt I had to.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
Hi Somme, i posted this question in its own thread, but got no replies?

No mates

Any chance of some guidance, it seems you know what you are talking about as you are/have done it?

1) Nationwide Flex Current Account
2) OZ Forex account
3) Bankwest Current Account
4) Building Society Account UK Based with the £10,000.00 in it

The exchange rate next week say for example hits 3.5 dollars to the 1 pound sterling.

I like that, so i want to exchange my money over at that rate. The trouble is i have to give 90 days notice or lose 90 days interest accrued on my deposit.

Can i buy a 90 days forward contract at the rate of 3.5 to 1 on this day it hits this new high, then in 90 days change my money over to Australian dollars.

Also how long does the process take, why i ask is if you move a large sum, you stand to lose a large sum in interest.

1- Move money from building society account to your Nationwide Flex account, so BACS two days, or CHAPS one day plus £30.00.

2- Move money from your Nationwide Flex account to your OZ Forex account, so BACS two days, or CHAPS one day plus £30.00.

3- Move money from your OZ Forex account to your Bankwest Current Account How Long?

4- Move money from your Bankwest Current Account to your higher rate savings account How Long?

Quite a lengthy process, could take all in all aweek to complete?

Does this sound about right? This is just an example, figures are artificial.

Thanks for any feedback.

Pm'd you, sorry been busy all day
Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi all

What a day ! decided to pack our stuff up had a good old sort out. I sat this afternoon with a box of photographs to sort and broke down in tears ! looking at pics of my family over the years it just hit me how much I am going to miss being away from so many things. I have thought about it before now but I think it just hit me. We are just preying we are able to get our rental, the survey goes well and the money goes into the bank in 3 weeks ! then finally our visa comes.

It just seems all to much for us at the moment

A x
I think it hits us all in differnt ways and at differnt times((((HUGS))))

I have been saying this for weeks
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
I have been saying this for weeks

Well, now it all comes out!

Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I know you would not behave like that Hayles. I was only going along with it because I felt I had to.
Yeah right
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Reedy
Yeah right
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Hi everyone

had another weekend from hell!!! Had viewr ue yesteray - same person who let us down last sat. said due to her being a nurse she had an emergencvy at work - wanted to view so made appointment for 2 on sat. I tol agents to give the coiple my number in case of another 'emergency'

Scrubbed house AGAIN and as we had our chimney swept it was a tip. checked my phone - at 1 an there had been a misse call. They ha calle at 11.58 to say they woul be viewing at 2 an coul i call them back - then another call at 12.15 to say as I hasnt called them back they woulnt be viewing and would call the agent on monday to make ANOTHER appointment to view!!

i have calle them back loads - lanline number - and no answer!!!

so pee off - can't ecide if they are timewasters or what!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johull
Hi everyone

had another weekend from hell!!! Had viewr ue yesteray - same person who let us down last sat. said due to her being a nurse she had an emergencvy at work - wanted to view so made appointment for 2 on sat. I tol agents to give the coiple my number in case of another 'emergency'

Scrubbed house AGAIN and as we had our chimney swept it was a tip. checked my phone - at 1 an there had been a misse call. They ha calle at 11.58 to say they woul be viewing at 2 an coul i call them back - then another call at 12.15 to say as I hasnt called them back they woulnt be viewing and would call the agent on monday to make ANOTHER appointment to view!!

i have calle them back loads - lanline number - and no answer!!!

so pee off - can't ecide if they are timewasters or what!!!!
HOW ANNOYING! :curse::curse::curse:

There are some inconsiderate people in this World! I sat here like a lemon on Thursday waiting for a viewer who didn't show. I rang her 20 mins after the appointment and asked if she was lost. I forgot to ring you to cancel was her reply. Do you want to make another appointment - no. GRRR. :curse:

I don't know what to say about your PIAV (Pain In the Arse Viewer.) They obviously think the World revolves around them! if they try to make another appointment, ask if the EA can do the viewing as you are fed up with being messed around. It's hard because you don't want to let a buyer escape from your clutches................
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

HOW ANNOYING! :curse::curse::curse:

There are some inconsiderate people in this World! I sat here like a lemon on Thursday waiting for a viewer who didn't show. I rang her 20 mins after the appointment and asked if she was lost. I forgot to ring you to cancel was her reply. Do you want to make another appointment - no. GRRR. :curse:

I don't know what to say about your PIAV (Pain In the Arse Viewer.) They obviously think the World revolves around them! if they try to make another appointment, ask if the EA can do the viewing as you are fed up with being messed around. It's hard because you don't want to let a buyer escape from your clutches................
just calle the prospective viewer to see if we can arrange another appointment - they actually answered the phone and said no - theyhave put in an offer on a house today an its been accepte!!! why the hell have they messed me about for 2 weekends then!!!!!!!

we have resigned ourselves to selling in the spring now!!!!!

hate this!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:51 am
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Thankyou for the information somme, and thankyou all for the daily dose of BE soap, its great viewing, sorry reading, makes the wait seem so much shorter!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
Thankyou for the information somme, and thankyou all for the daily dose of BE soap, its great viewing, sorry reading, makes the wait seem so much shorter!
You are welcome
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by johull
just calle the prospective viewer to see if we can arrange another appointment - they actually answered the phone and said no - theyhave put in an offer on a house today an its been accepte!!! why the hell have they messed me about for 2 weekends then!!!!!!!

we have resigned ourselves to selling in the spring now!!!!!

hate this!!!!!
Bar stewards :curse:, will be much better when the interest rate drops ((hugs))

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.