Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:45 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away

I am stressed to hell over it all too. Today I am considering staying in the UK as the financial cost is too great.
not good is it , every night & morning the TV is full of it ... & it worsens the situation .

Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum

Hi FA, @*&&%%!@@#, this is what came to my mind when I read your last posts. It most be so hard for you, dropping the price and then get a cheeky git to offer you a price which is like I said in the beginning *#&&^$#**@. About your lovely OH and his footy addiction :
1. OH, if he goes out to a footy game, leave the car almost empty of petrol;
2. make sure you've overdrawn your account, so he can't get any money out;
3. put an advert in the paper saying the game isn't on;
4. renew your vows and refer to the years without footy;
5. don't let him know your an BE addict or he'll try to trade that adiction
against his.
Miranda xx

Well viewers are on for 17.30 today, so my 3 hours of cleaning cleanathon will commence after I've brought Joe to school. That'll be around 9. See you all later!
PMSL Miranda, that made me laugh. Sadly he has his own car - so the petrol is a non starter. I might consider the others though...

Thanks for the sympathy, I need it!! I wished for an offer and now I have one, I'm gutted... see, you shouldn't wish for things.

Fingers crossed for your viewing and all the cleaning - I am cleaning today for tomorrows viewing. I hate it, but it has to be done.

Well, I have not got any news. OH didn't get home until midnight and I told him what had been offered. He said it was too low. I pointed out a few things like the property market is crashing....

Then he went to sleep and I stayed awake until 4am tossing and turning. I want to go to Oz and I know it is shallow to think abbout money, but I just kept coming back to the point that the offer is too low.... We wouldn't be able to buy a house AND start a business. We need that option as we have to live in SA and HAVE to work for a year to get PR. Unfortunately, there aren't that many jobs for my OH, (even though he is on their skills list and they have sponsored him over.) So a business is the only alternative. Obviously if we rent the house out, that is not possible either - plus we would use up our savings paying the remainder of the mortgage.

I drove past a house for sale near us today and rang the agent to find out what price it was on at as I couldn't find it on their website. He told me it was on with another agent at £475K. They had dropped the price to £450K with them and would accept about £420K. I was stunned - fancy saying that - I hadn't even asked how low they would go - only the price. then he proceeded to tell me all the other houses in the area and how low they would go. I am so angry for those people - they are paying the EA (A big national chain) to sell their house for the best price - not the cheapest. I will get someone to ring our EA and find out what they say.

Good luck today everyone.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
not good is it , every night & morning the TV is full of it ... & it worsens the situation .

Morning Ic - no it is terrifying. Not sure if they are frightening me into giving my house away ....................

How are you feeling?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:13 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Ic - no it is terrifying. Not sure if they are frightening me into giving my house away ....................

How are you feeling?
hung over
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:14 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

How are you feeling?
Well i do have the letting agent & new EA here monday ,, i'll go from there .

booking 3 weeks in July to validate , get them down in case that is the case
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Fingers crossed it's good news!
EA just rang and they liked the house but get THIS!!!
The women didnt like the fact that all the houses look different around this brand new estate ! And they didnt like the fact that there are cars parked along the streets as you drive in to our private col-de-sac where only 4 houses reside so parking never a problem!! WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!
I think they need an extra £200,000 to be honest and live a footballers life style!! EA said he thought she came across as a bit of a snob.
So thats another NO, my hands are chapped with so much bloody cleaning, not easy when 2 kids trashing the room i've just cleaned before i've done the next aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!
Claire.x
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:18 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Evening
Too many pages gone by so hope everyone is having some luck. Well had new EA in who basically said he thought we were doing the right thing being with our current EA???????: WTF???? He did come from an area away from us but they have a shop in Worcester. I said we wern't at all happy with current EA as have to chase them all the time for feedback, seem to have too many properties etc etc... I thought F*** me do they not want the bloody business or something? Anyway he is sending someone from the 'Worcester' branch to value - dunno why he couldn't or why they didn't ask me to ring the Worcester branch in the first place Pissing EA's really starting to do my head in:curse:
Hd an email tonight from current EA from last viewer, they have just listed theirs on market but absolutely loved the house. It seems we never have any negative feedback but no one wants to buy???:curse:
Anyway moan over! Hope others are having better luck
Dtp

Oh Dan,

That was really weird I really hope the Worcester Branch is better for you, thats who we will be ringing, heard more good reports about them yesterday. Back to the cleaning:curse:

Lisa
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hung over

Well i do have the letting agent & new EA here monday ,, i'll go from there .

booking 3 weeks in July to validate , get them down in case that is the case
I bet you are looking forward to that - have you been to Aus before??

Originally Posted by gazclaire
The women didnt like the fact that all the houses look different around this brand new estate ! And they didnt like the fact that there are cars parked along the streets as you drive in to our private col-de-sac where only 4 houses reside so parking never a problem!! WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!
I think they need an extra £200,000 to be honest and live a footballers life style!! EA said he thought she came across as a bit of a snob.
So thats another NO, my hands are chapped with so much bloody cleaning, not easy when 2 kids trashing the room i've just cleaned before i've done the next aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!
Claire.x

Bloomin stupid people.:curse::curse: We lost a buyer once because a window overlooked our garden from about 200 yards away...

My hands have been raw for a long time - they just heal up and you get another viewer and have to start cleaning it all again.

Fingers crossed you get a better class of viewer soon!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:03 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Claire.x
Waste of space woman. I really feel like not cleaning anything next time we get a viewer, sorry if we ever get a viewer. Onwards and upwards though.

Good luck tum with your viewing.

Morning, am getting the rental people out for tomorrow if possible. Thought would try 3 different one's and see what they offer by way of service and costs.

The rental insurance for whoever wanted to know (can't remember sorry) is taken out when you have a tenant in there with say a six month contract. If they do a moonlight after 3 months then the insurance is supposed to cover the next 3 months payments, minus any deposit they left.

Was looking on another site last night and apparently there is something that everybody should be doing to sell their house, here goes:

Get a red envelope
Put in a piece of wood from inside the house, can be just a splinter or something not a bit of 4 x 2!!
Put in something metal from inside the house, like a screw or something.
Put in some mud/soil from your back garden.
Seal envelope and put in to a free flowing stream somewhere.

Apparently it is to say that your house is now to be passed on to somebody else.

I have another one too but will save that for later. Don't want you to think I am a crackpot

Don't know whether it works but might be worth a try. There will be all these red envelopes floating down streams around the Country

Nicky
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:05 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

I bet you are looking forward to that - have you been to Aus before??

Bloomin stupid people.:curse::curse: We lost a buyer once because a window overlooked our garden from about 200 yards away...

My hands have been raw for a long time - they just heal up and you get another viewer and have to start cleaning it all again.

Fingers crossed you get a better class of viewer soon!
no N , never been
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:05 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by nickywes
I am a crackpot

Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:07 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by nickywes
Waste of space woman. I really feel like not cleaning anything next time we get a viewer, sorry if we ever get a viewer. Onwards and upwards though.

Good luck tum with your viewing.

Morning, am getting the rental people out for tomorrow if possible. Thought would try 3 different one's and see what they offer by way of service and costs.

The rental insurance for whoever wanted to know (can't remember sorry) is taken out when you have a tenant in there with say a six month contract. If they do a moonlight after 3 months then the insurance is supposed to cover the next 3 months payments, minus any deposit they left.

Was looking on another site last night and apparently there is something that everybody should be doing to sell their house, here goes:

Get a red envelope
Put in a piece of wood from inside the house, can be just a splinter or something not a bit of 4 x 2!!
Put in something metal from inside the house, like a screw or something.
Put in some mud/soil from your back garden.
Seal envelope and put in to a free flowing stream somewhere.

Apparently it is to say that your house is now to be passed on to somebody else.

I have another one too but will save that for later. Don't want you to think I am a crackpot

Don't know whether it works but might be worth a try. There will be all these red envelopes floating down streams around the Country

Nicky
Hi Nicky ,, well i reckon its worth a go

What happend to FA's doll thing , statue ?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:08 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Claire.x
some people are just unbelievable.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:09 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nicky ,, well i reckon its worth a go

What happend to FA's doll thing , statue ?
Don't know and normally wouldn't believe in all this but hey might just try it. Where are you going in Aus?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:09 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Claire.x
some ppl eh , i tell you , you get all sorts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.