Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:45 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I just hope Aus will be worth all this trauma.
I hope so too Nic, I have even been thinking lately that maybe we should rent the house out in case we want to come back. Never thought that before but something keeps saying to me that maybe its wrong to do it. Me being stupid again
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Fly - Im really excited that you have got an offer, albeit a low one, but I think he will be back.
Don't think so - although we could probably bargain for some extras and certainly won't include ANYTHING in the sale - they will have to pay for everything, curtains, carpets etc - and if they don't I will take it down the Salvation Army myself.

But thanks Hayles.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
I hope so too Nic, I have even been thinking lately that maybe we should rent the house out in case we want to come back. Never thought that before but something keeps saying to me that maybe its wrong to do it. Me being stupid again
I think that too - but since we have 2 other flamin properties which won't sell, we'll have something to come back to. If the Western World is heading for recession, I'd rather live through it in the sun. That's what I tell myself. We will just have to see which way fate leads us. I'm sure Paul has a whole different perspective on what is important - he needs a new direction and something positive.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:24 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Glad hes upped his offer even if it isnt quite what you want. Im sure hes just trying to get it as low as he can. Got everything crossed

Joexx
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Sorry Claire, that made me laugh. have visions of you up there in the dark trying to get the bird poo off. (IT will be dark at 7.30 anyway - they won't notice!!)

Good luck with the viewing.
Sorry fly should have signed off before as Gary coz you presumed it was Claire. Veiwing seemed to go ok will have to wait and see.
Gary
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Glad hes upped his offer even if it isnt quite what you want. Im sure hes just trying to get it as low as he can. Got everything crossed

Joexx
Thanks Joe. Fingers crossed, we can push him up...

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Sorry fly should have signed off before as Gary coz you presumed it was Claire. Veiwing seemed to go ok will have to wait and see.
Gary

LOL, did you get the bird poo off and how did the viewing go? I shall have to check who is who in future.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Thanks Joe. Fingers crossed, we can push him up...

LOL, did you get the bird poo off and how did the viewing go? I shall have to check who is who in future.
Yes got the poo off, its a glass roof and the birds sit on the tv ariel and unload we have it cleaned regular by the window cleaner but have to do it myself sometimes. Nice couple that veiwed seem to live in seperate houses so maybe divorcee's, not sure what there position is at the moment with regards to selling theres, or sold theres, EA said that he will speak to us tomorrow and let us know if they are interested.
Gary
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Yes got the poo off, its a glass roof and the birds sit on the tv ariel and unload we have it cleaned regular by the window cleaner but have to do it myself sometimes. Nice couple that veiwed seem to live in seperate houses so maybe divorcee's, not sure what there position is at the moment with regards to selling theres, or sold theres, EA said that he will speak to us tomorrow and let us know if they are interested.
Gary
Fingers crossed it's good news!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Evening
Too many pages gone by so hope everyone is having some luck. Well had new EA in who basically said he thought we were doing the right thing being with our current EA??????? WTF???? He did come from an area away from us but they have a shop in Worcester. I said we wern't at all happy with current EA as have to chase them all the time for feedback, seem to have too many properties etc etc... I thought F*** me do they not want the bloody business or something? Anyway he is sending someone from the 'Worcester' branch to value - dunno why he couldn't or why they didn't ask me to ring the Worcester branch in the first place Pissing EA's really starting to do my head in:curse:
Hd an email tonight from current EA from last viewer, they have just listed theirs on market but absolutely loved the house. It seems we never have any negative feedback but no one wants to buy???:curse:
Anyway moan over! Hope others are having better luck
Dtp
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:28 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

oh my god dan, thats exactly what is happening to us and its so bloody frustrating:curse:
on the weekend our viewers said, "yep, its the best house we have seen, we want it" I start hyperventilating and then they drop the "oh, but we gotta sell first":curse::curse:
I really really dont know what to do at the moment, i mean when do you sit back and actually decide what to do
I'm too scared to rent out, I wouldnt know what to do, or how to do it, but its getting to be more of an option as time goes by.
has anyone else been considering renting their property?
bec
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:34 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

sorry guys, I just realised that there are a few people on here that are considering the old rental thing.
the thing is, i'm petrified that --- okay I'll do a list its better (you dont understand the obsession I have with lists at the moment, I just see it as self medication)
okay
what if our tennants decide they no longer want to live in our house, how will we pay the mortgage?
what if things go tits up and we are on the other side of the world?
how long does it take to get some tennants?
and lastly who on earth would want to pay my mortgage, when the rent is going to be like the price of a mortgage anyway?
breathe out
breathe in
bec
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Bec,
Cant solve the problems but thought i would add my perspective -
Lots of people do not want to committ to mortgage etc and are happy to pay rent for a variety of reasons.
Sign power of attorney over to someone before you go to enable them (even your solicitor could do this) to deal with any emergencies.
Not much you can do about the periods while house is empty - so you would in my opinion need to be sure you could cover mortgage if house left empty for a while.
on another note lists are fab!!!! i could not stay same without them,
Angi
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:41 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks girls. I am so jealous of you Janine - When I met my OH I told him I didn't go out with men who spent every waking hour watching football and you know, he PRETENDED for about 5 years that he wasn't that interested. Boy, I must have been a catch.

I know it has been hard for you all and I'm just glad I have somewhere to moan or else I would go mad. I just hope Aus will be worth all this trauma.
Yeah, but he is into motorbikes in a HUGE way. Guess we're going to the right place for that.

Last year he had to sell his beloved bike so we could validate (that's dedication for you). So the first thing on the shopping list when we get there is a brand new R1 (that's a Yamaha btw)

It's actually me who likes to watch the footie. We have a friend who's got a corporate box at Reading FC and they're always inviting us to join them, but OH always finds a good excuse as to why we can't go.

It WILL be worth it.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Fly - Im really excited that you have got an offer, albeit a low one, but I think he will be back.
I agree, Hayles. I think they're more keen than they're letting on. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Nicky, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. You've been on the market a little while and I'm sure that starts to play games with your mind.

Don't think so - although we could probably bargain for some extras and certainly won't include ANYTHING in the sale - they will have to pay for everything, curtains, carpets etc - and if they don't I will take it down the Salvation Army myself.

But thanks Hayles.
Keep the faith, FA. That's going to be one hell of a container. With curtains, carpets and the garden shed in it.

I think that too - but since we have 2 other flamin properties which won't sell, we'll have something to come back to. If the Western World is heading for recession, I'd rather live through it in the sun. That's what I tell myself. We will just have to see which way fate leads us. I'm sure Paul has a whole different perspective on what is important - he needs a new direction and something positive.
Fate is a great thing. Be in the sun and whatever will be, will be.

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Evening
Too many pages gone by so hope everyone is having some luck. Well had new EA in who basically said he thought we were doing the right thing being with our current EA??????? WTF???? He did come from an area away from us but they have a shop in Worcester. I said we wern't at all happy with current EA as have to chase them all the time for feedback, seem to have too many properties etc etc... I thought F*** me do they not want the bloody business or something? Anyway he is sending someone from the 'Worcester' branch to value - dunno why he couldn't or why they didn't ask me to ring the Worcester branch in the first place Pissing EA's really starting to do my head in
Hd an email tonight from current EA from last viewer, they have just listed theirs on market but absolutely loved the house. It seems we never have any negative feedback but no one wants to buy???
Anyway moan over! Hope others are having better luck
Dtp
Bloody EAs. Why don't they just tell the f***ing truth once in a while.

Originally Posted by egghead4
oh my god dan, thats exactly what is happening to us and its so bloody frustrating
on the weekend our viewers said, "yep, its the best house we have seen, we want it" I start hyperventilating and then they drop the "oh, but we gotta sell first"
I really really dont know what to do at the moment, i mean when do you sit back and actually decide what to do
I'm too scared to rent out, I wouldnt know what to do, or how to do it, but its getting to be more of an option as time goes by.
has anyone else been considering renting their property?
bec
I completely understand. I get "the house is lovely". Why don't you f***ing buy it then.

Well a new day tomorrow. The sun will shine, the EAs will ring with viewers, we will all get offers (good offers). And we'll all be sold by tea-time.

Ah well, I can live in hope, can't I.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:46 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Yeah, but he is into motorbikes in a HUGE way. Guess we're going to the right place for that.

Last year he had to sell his beloved bike so we could validate (that's dedication for you). So the first thing on the shopping list when we get there is a brand new R1 (that's a Yamaha btw)

It's actually me who likes to watch the footie. We have a friend who's got a corporate box at Reading FC and they're always inviting us to join them, but OH always finds a good excuse as to why we can't go.

It WILL be worth it.

I agree, Hayles. I think they're more keen than they're letting on. Fingers crossed.

Nicky, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. You've been on the market a little while and I'm sure that starts to play games with your mind.

Keep the faith, FA. That's going to be one hell of a container. With curtains, carpets and the garden shed in it.

Fate is a great thing. Be in the sun and whatever will be, will be.

Bloody EAs. Why don't they just tell the f***ing truth once in a while.

I completely understand. I get "the house is lovely". Why don't you f***ing buy it then.

Well a new day tomorrow. The sun will shine, the EAs will ring with viewers, we will all get offers (good offers). And we'll all be sold by tea-time.

Ah well, I can live in hope, can't I.
Hey , you gotta take it as it comes , they only doin what you or i would do ... its scary for them aswell .
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:57 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hey , you gotta take it as it comes , they only doin what you or i would do ... its scary for them aswell .
Who we talking about, the viewers or the EAs?

I do agree with you on either point actually. If I was a buyer I would be picky as well at this point. If I was an EA I would be worried about where the next commission is coming from.

But I gotta take my fustration out on someone.

OH just not taking those punches as well as he used to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.