Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:58 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Who we talking about, the viewers or the EAs?

I do agree with you on either point actually. If I was a buyer I would be pciky as well at the point. If I was an EA I would be worried about where the next commission is coming from.

But I gotta take my fustration out on someone.

OH just not taking those punches as well as he used to.

buyers , its their market .

go for a knee cap , then a half nelson
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by egghead4
sorry guys, I just realised that there are a few people on here that are considering the old rental thing.
the thing is, i'm petrified that --- okay I'll do a list its better (you dont understand the obsession I have with lists at the moment, I just see it as self medication)
okay
what if our tennants decide they no longer want to live in our house, how will we pay the mortgage?
what if things go tits up and we are on the other side of the world?
how long does it take to get some tennants?
and lastly who on earth would want to pay my mortgage, when the rent is going to be like the price of a mortgage anyway?
breathe out
breathe in
bec
Hi Bec,
Yeah I know its just a bloody nightmare......media is making it all 100 times worse too, house prices in my (local) area don't seem to be dropping - guess thats why Ea hasn't suggested it
To your questions
1. Get some more asap
2. Don't know but I guess you would advertise well in advance whilst you were living there.
3. As other poster said
4. Some people want to rent anyway. Rents may be high and people can pay but doesn't mean they can get mortgage!!! Also wouldn't your mortgage change to buy to let? I guess the repayments are lowered therefore easily cover mortgage and have some left over or just cover mortgage ( as in my case!!!) Ideally you don't want any or much over as its taxable. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
Dan
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:01 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
buyers , its their market .

go for a knee cap , then a half nelson
Too true. We were in the same sort of market when we bought this place so I shouldn't really moan.

Ooohh, might try that. Do you think it's fair to do it whilst he's comatose on the sofa with an empty glass of wine in hand. Maybe I should move the wine glass first.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:02 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Too true. We were in the same sort of market when we bought this place so I shouldn't really moan.

Ooohh, might try that. Do you think it's fair to do it whilst he's comatose on the sofa with an empty glass of wine in hand. Maybe I should move the wine glass first.
you can moan ,, its allowed

is it cystal glass ? or a freebie from a petrol stn ?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:04 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

you can moan ,, its allowed

is it cystal glass ? or a freebie from a petrol stn ?
nah, Ikea.

But I should point out it takes 2 bl**dy hours to get there and their returns service is crap.

The crystal only comes out for birthdays and anniversaries and if we ever sell this bloomin' house.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:06 am
Handsome Internet Guy

nah, Ikea.

But I should point out it takes 2 bl**dy hours to get there and their returns service is crap.

The crystal only comes out for birthdays and anniversaries and if we ever sell this bloomin' house.
remove the glass ... safety first

then give him an upper cut ,
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:26 am
aka bunja

remove the glass ... safety first

then give him an upper cut ,
Right, I'm gonna go for it.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:04 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
yes - they upped by 15K and that was good enough for us!
especially with the market at the moment - we just don't want to chance it and hope there might be a better offer around the corner
That's great news Mozzy, as others have said, there's hope for us all after all. I'm really pleased for you

Originally Posted by suart
sorry IC im sending you some k's and ill send them to everyone else as well lol
What about me

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks girls. I am so jealous of you Janine - When I met my OH I told him I didn't go out with men who spent every waking hour watching football and you know, he PRETENDED for about 5 years that he wasn't that interested. Boy, I must have been a catch.

I know it has been hard for you all and I'm just glad I have somewhere to moan or else I would go mad. I just hope Aus will be worth all this trauma.
Hi FA, @*&&%%!@@#, this is what came to my mind when I read your last posts. It most be so hard for you, dropping the price and then get a cheeky git to offer you a price which is like I said in the beginning *#&&^$#**@. About your lovely OH and his footy addiction :
1. OH, if he goes out to a footy game, leave the car almost empty of petrol;
2. make sure you've overdrawn your account, so he can't get any money out;
3. put an advert in the paper saying the game isn't on;
4. renew your vows and refer to the years without footy;
5. don't let him know your an BE addict or he'll try to trade that adiction
against his.
Miranda xx

sorry guys, I just realised that there are a few people on here that are considering the old rental thing.
the thing is, i'm petrified that --- okay I'll do a list its better (you dont understand the obsession I have with lists at the moment, I just see it as self medication)
okay
what if our tennants decide they no longer want to live in our house, how will we pay the mortgage?
and lastly who on earth would want to pay my mortgage, when the rent is going to be like the price of a mortgage anyway?
breathe out
breathe in
bec
I'm breathing with you, in ....out....in.....out.......out....out?........UCH ....AARGh....almost forgot to breathe in

Hi IC, love that video of Queen

Well viewers are on for 17.30 today, so my 3 hours of cleaning cleanathon will commence after I've brought Joe to school. That'll be around 9. See you all later!

Last edited by tum; Apr 15th 2008 at 6:05 pm. Reason: forgot a [ in a quote
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Angib
on another note lists are fab!!!! i could not stay same without them,
Angi

Originally Posted by tum
That's great news Mozzy, as others have said, there's hope for us all after all. I'm really pleased for you

Hi FA, @*&&%%!@@#, this is what came to my mind when I read your last posts. It most be so hard for you, dropping the price and then get a cheeky git to offer you a price which is like I said in the beginning *#&&^$#**@. About your lovely OH and his footy addiction :
against his.
Miranda xx

i like it!! very mischievious but a well laid out plan

I'm breathing with you, in ....out....in.....out.......out....out?........UCH ....AARGh....almost forgot to breathe in

anyone pregnant ()

Well viewers are on for 17.30 today, so my 3 hours of cleaning cleanathon will commence after I've brought Joe to school. That'll be around 9. See you all later!
good luck with your viewers!!! let's hope they are the right ones for you!!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Good luck with your viewers Tum
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

okay
breathe out
breathe in
bec
I know it sounds madness but you would be surprised how many people pay so much to rent. We was paying £750 while we was saving for a deposit and that was 3 years ago. My brother rents out 3 houses and has no trouble finding ttenantsmaybe his lucky as they are all long term and 2 are DSS so they pay then direct.

We have thought of renting ours EA has said would have no probs renting as we are so close to London and have a train stn close by. We already have someone who might be iinterestedin renting ours and will pay £1000 per month that will cover our morg. Also some agents do a no rent insurance not sure how that works but may be worth looking in to.

Good luck and deep breaths x
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:45 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by tum

What about me

against his.
Miranda xx

Hi IC, love that video of Queen

Morning Miranda , good luck hope your house looks fab & they love it !! am sure it does & i'm sure it will
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the viewing TUM.

Don't forget after your 3 hours of cleaning you have to treat yourself to a lovely cream cake
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:27 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Mozzy, Dinky2, FA, SteveandTina and Ic

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm just taking a well deserved
break from cleaning. Only have to clean the toilets, bathroom,
swipe the floor, clean the outside windows and I'm done.
What's that for a workout . And no, I'm not wearing a Queen
outfit .

Good luck everyone with EA's, viewings, offers etc. The sun is out,
so it must be a good day today

Mmmmhhhh, cream cake, don't tempt me...I'm trying to shed some
pounds before summer, so a dry cracker has to do the trick for me.
At least I've got the workout part covered today. Thanks for the
lovely thought though
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Sorry I missed you last night Dan!

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Evening
Too many pages gone by so hope everyone is having some luck. Well had new EA in who basically said he thought we were doing the right thing being with our current EA??????? WTF???? He did come from an area away from us but they have a shop in Worcester. I said we wern't at all happy with current EA as have to chase them all the time for feedback, seem to have too many properties etc etc... I thought F*** me do they not want the bloody business or something? Anyway he is sending someone from the 'Worcester' branch to value - dunno why he couldn't or why they didn't ask me to ring the Worcester branch in the first place:Pissing EA's really starting to do my head in:::
Hd an email tonight from current EA from last viewer, they have just listed theirs on market but absolutely loved the house. It seems we never have any negative feedback but no one wants to buy???:
Anyway moan over! Hope others are having better luck::
Good news that they didn't down value your house. I can't believe what bad service you had with that other EA though. I bet that put you right off them. Fingers crossed you hear from their other office and they are much better.

oh my god dan, thats exactly what is happening to us and its so bloody frustrating::
on the weekend our viewers said, "yep, its the best house we have seen, we want it" I start hyperventilating and then they drop the "oh, but we gotta sell first"::
I really really dont know what to do at the moment, i mean when do you sit back and actually decide what to do::
I'm too scared to rent out, I wouldnt know what to do, or how to do it, but its getting to be more of an option as time goes by.
has anyone else been considering renting their property?
bec
I feel like you Bec - all the people who who will give you a decent price can't sell themselves. It is SO frustrating. If they are in much cheaper properties have you considered a part ex? They buy yours, you buy theirs and let it out and release some equity?? Not ideal but...

okay

You have to to budget for the fact that the property WILL be vacant for periods. You should have 6 months mortgage in reserve just in case. I think you can also get letting insurance to cover vacant periods. Nicky looked into this.

You let through and agent and they have to deal with emergancies - of course they charge for this service! Or if you have a friend you could pay a retainer to be a caretaker???

It can take a while - you have to be prepared to wait a couple of months as often people have to give notice on their previous rental. Having said that, we have alway got a tenant wthin a month in our properties

and lastly who on earth would want to pay my mortgage, when the rent is going to be like the price of a mortgage anyway:?

You would have to get a rental valuation. Just because the mortgage is so much, doesn't mean that the rent will cover it. We would lose money every month if we let our house out. () People like us would rent - sold and waiting for visas, people moving into an area with work, people who are too scared to buy at the moment, people who move a lot with their jobs and so can't buy etc...
breathe out
breathe in
bec
I am stressed to hell over it all too. Today I am considering staying in the UK as the financial cost is too great.

Ooohh, might try that. Do you think it's fair to do it whilst he's comatose on the sofa with an empty glass of wine in hand. Maybe I should move the wine glass first.:
PMSL - did you do it???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.