Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:44 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

*tumbleweeds roll across the desk and there is an air of deathly silence in O2O household*

Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:45 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
its is buyers market ,,, & as you are buying their services you can barter too
Yep it certainly is, get them to work for their money, we will not be showing anyone around the agents can do that, they are salesmen after all and who better to point out the positives and not the negatives (if any) if they don't sell they don't get their bonus's. Make sure you know what you are getting for your money.

Lisa
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michell,

Welcome to the WPHS thread. Congrats on your sponsor - I saw your posts when you were searching for a job. So I'm really pleased for you.

Originally Posted by michell
hi all
This is my first post on whinging pom house sellers, i juat have a few questions to ask , OH has phoned EA this morning 1st one and the question i would like to ask is what to expect from them , i have lived in this property for 16 years and i for the life of me cant remember what happened when i sold my flat, all those years ago. what do i need to ask and what do i agree to and disagree to , also is it a good idea to put your house on the internet also to see if we can get a private sale, we have heard about a HIP pack, never had this when i sold my flat many many years ago , what is it and do you have to pay for this upfront? any suggestions most appreciated

we have a sponsor for a 457 visa and so need to be a bit quick, i know we all need to sell and the sooner the better!!

kind regards
michell

Selling houses has changed a bit in 16 years. Firstly ythe HIP is a pack which you pay for and has the searches, leases, environmental report for the buyer. they are supposed to speed things up - but I haven't noticed any difference. You can order your own, (from the internet - do a search - about £300 + VAT) or your EA might do them or your solicitor may do them. So this is the first question to ask the EA.

The second is if they are a sole agency - ie can you take on another agent or advertise on the internet yourself.

Third the rate of commission - BARGAIN they will come down.

Fourth the length of tie in - ie how long do you have to stick with them without penalty. Most are 2-3 weeks. Some are silly like 3 months.

Fifth, a good agent will advertise widely - what websites are they on? Rightmove, Fish4, Primelocation etc. The more the better. Do they advertise in the local paper? Do they contact clients etc.

If I were you, i would get 3 or 4 valuations and then put the house on at the bottom value, (even if you go with an agent who has valued higher) The market is very slow and you need to sell quickly. It may be worth you reducing lower than this if your area is very slow - the EAs would tell you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Good luck!

Well, the EA just called back and the viewers have rescheduled for Thursday. Hopefully we will have had an offer from the guy who is interested by then... dangle it in front of them....
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:48 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, the EA just called back and the viewers have rescheduled for Thursday. Hopefully we will have had an offer from the guy who is interested by then... dangle it in front of them....
Fingers crossed for you FA.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:49 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

good news
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:50 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
*tumbleweeds roll across the desk and there is an air of deathly silence in O2O household*

Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

its is buyers market ,,, & as you are buying their services you can barter too
Hiya IC - did you change your agent in the end? It was worth our while - we had 3 viewings in 4 months with the old EA and now have 3 viewings in 2 weeks with the new EA!!!

Ah O2O. Have you asked the EA if it is the market or if it is something you can sort??? Big (((hug))) for you - did you have a good weekend?

Originally Posted by Laights
Yep it certainly is, get them to work for their money, we will not be showing anyone around the agents can do that, they are salesmen after all and who better to point out the positives and not the negatives (if any) if they don't sell they don't get their bonus's. Make sure you know what you are getting for your money.

Lisa
Hi Lisa, That's right!! We got all our EAs down to 1%. We make them do all the viewings too. Plus I nag them and expect market reports and ads.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:55 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Hiya IC - did you change your agent in the end? It was worth our while - we had 3 viewings in 4 months with the old EA and now have 3 viewings in 2 weeks with the new EA!!!

No N , we were waiting for the "spread" in last weeks paper , decided to give them that chance .
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:58 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lisa, That's right!! We got all our EAs down to 1%. We make them do all the viewings too. Plus I nag them and expect market reports and ads.

He He, I like the nagging bit

Lisa
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No N , we were waiting for the "spread" in last weeks paper , decided to give them that chance .
When does the paper go out? All week? So you have to wait a week or so to see if you get any call backs from it.

Our EA seems to be working for their money - and I don't mind paying them for it. The old one just sat and waited for the phone to ring.:curse:
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:03 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

When does the paper go out? All week? So you have to wait a week or so to see if you get any call backs from it.

Our EA seems to be working for their money - and I don't mind paying them for it. The old one just sat and waited for the phone to ring.:curse:
it came out Thursday , I don't think we will hear anything from it now . i would suggest that if ppl wanted to view they would have made arrangments for the weekend ... which has now passed .

going to ditch EAs this week , get someone else & also have a letting agent come & see what we could in rent
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fingers crossed for you FA.
good news
Thanks guys - means I have to clean again.. At least with one on Thur and one on Sat, I can try and keep the house clean on Friday...

Originally Posted by Laights
He He, I like the nagging bit

Lisa
I've just given the guy in the office a bit of earache for not doing his job properly. They just want rid of me.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:04 pm
aka bunja

Mmmmm, quite.

Ah O2O. Have you asked the EA if it is the market or if it is something you can sort??? Big (((hug))) for you - did you have a good weekend?

Spoke to EA (both of them). All the viewings have been "the house is lovely" but no-one has been in a proceedable position.:curse:

Had a kidless weekend. Grandparents took them out for the day yesterday. They went to Whipsnade Zoo. Today they're very irritable.

Sounds like things are moving a bit on here.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Great to see you got another viewing Fly.

Ic, I hope this spread brings you some news.

Come on then who missed me over the weekend
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

oK Ic ignore that! get onto the EA now, get them changed - we sold wihin 3 days with our new agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.