Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sounds like a familiar story. I hope that you sell soon and have the option of a student visa if you need it. We have that as a back up plan - I have a place on a Masters course - but if we can't sell the house then we can't go anyway. How long have you been on the market?

Fingers crossed for a sponsor and a quick sale.

LOL, I'm sure decorating is theraputic! Well done on getting hold of the buyer. What a bummer. I know this is probably a bit illegal, but can you put your price up but gift him the extra back to use as deposit????? fingers crossed for you. What a nightmare.
Hi FA

Its not illegal to do that, well I don;t think so as we did it when we was buying the house( we could not save the whole deposit up quick enough and it was the mortgage provider that told us to do it). To be honest I think he's playing games and wants us to may be drop the price a couple of grand, but we have already dropped it 17k altogether, we will see tomorrow. I suppose that's not alot of money as some of you's have dropped loads but we cannot afford to do it wish we could ).
good luck with the invester and viewer hopefully it will be your turn soon hun!!!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Hi FA

Its not illegal to do that, well I don;t think so as we did it when we was buying the house( we could not save the whole deposit up quick enough and it was the mortgage provider that told us to do it). To be honest I think he's playing games and wants us to may be drop the price a couple of grand, but we have already dropped it 17k altogether, we will see tomorrow. I suppose that's not alot of money as some of you's have dropped loads but we cannot afford to do it wish we could ).
good luck with the invester and viewer hopefully it will be your turn soon hun!!!!!!
Lets hope he isn't playing games. Bloody credit crunch. Fingers crossed that you can sort something out with him. 17k is a lot to lose hun. We just live in an area with high prices, so can cut a bigger chunk - BUT we are now on the market for less than we bought the house for and we spent £50K on it!

Fingers crossed you hear tomorrow.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Lets hope he isn't playing games. Bloody credit crunch. Fingers crossed that you can sort something out with him. 17k is a lot to lose hun. We just live in an area with high prices, so can cut a bigger chunk - BUT we are now on the market for less than we bought the house for and we spent £50K on it!

Fingers crossed you hear tomorrow.
In Liverpool we don;t have house with big price's attatched lol
I hope I can sort something out with them, but at the same time I not going to reduce any more off the price. He had a mortgage offer when he came to view and that was ok for them, he has got a better intrest rate now as he changed his mortgage to save him money-- this is why I think he might be playing a game and telling me porkies
I feel for you hun, cannot believe what the market is like at the minute-- I hope the developer offers you a good price especially if he want you to wait to complete, as they say the ball will be in your court not his.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
In Liverpool we don;t have house with big price's attatched lol
I hope I can sort something out with them, but at the same time I not going to reduce any more off the price. He had a mortgage offer when he came to view and that was ok for them, he has got a better intrest rate now as he changed his mortgage to save him money-- this is why I think he might be playing a game and telling me porkies
I feel for you hun, cannot believe what the market is like at the minute-- I hope the developer offers you a good price especially if he want you to wait to complete, as they say the ball will be in your court not his.
Does sound a bit suspicious. Really hope you can sweet talk him into pulling his finger out. I hate this housing market. Sounds like your EA isn't doing his job either.

It's this waiting which is the killer. If you just knew what would happen, you could plan. At least we don't have our visa yet. So couldn't go if we wanted to.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

We're applying for 475 and have been in the visa process for 14 months now and I just want it to end now. How about you? You aren't an Augustee are you, you poor thing!
oi! nothing wrong with being an augustee
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mOZzy
oi! nothing wrong with being an augustee
No hun, I was just wondering if he had been waiting a long time and was therefore an Augustee. Just hope you all get your visas really soon!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

you know what?
since the house is on the market i am so not bothered ... well, at least not AS bothered anymore
because the visa WILL come any day now
but selling the house?
only the stars know .....
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you know what?
since the house is on the market i am so not bothered ... well, at least not AS bothered anymore
because the visa WILL come any day now
but selling the house?
only the stars know .....
I know what you mean. The house sale bit is SO much harder!! I will be over the moon when I sell the house and happy when I get the visa. I just wish we knew when this stuff will happen and we could relax.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

so how come you have 3 properties?
buy to let??
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so how come you have 3 properties?
buy to let??
One buy to let, one holiday let. I've spent years buying and selling houses, doing them up, renting them out etc. that's my job. This all we have left... You'd think with my experience I could shift them.

Click my classifieds and you'll see them.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ouch - that must be even double heartbreaking to see them go for peanuts
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

don't know how HE () sneaked in!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

don't know how HE () sneaked in!!
Is that your OH??
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

nawww, he's at work

laptop, tv and icecream all to myself
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ouch - that must be even double heartbreaking to see them go for peanuts
Yes, years of work going down the plughole. If we weren't emigrating we would never sell them now as they were a good income generator. It's killing us financially leaving them empty month after month.

My OH is asleep on the sofa and I have the TV and the laptop to myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.