Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:15 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

hello fellow house sellers x. Well we exchanged contracts last thursday, completeing next week packers are arriving friday . Omg so much to do, i cross something off list and something else appears lol x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
hello fellow house sellers x. Well we exchanged contracts last thursday, completeing next week packers are arriving friday . Omg so much to do, i cross something off list and something else appears lol x
FANTASTIC NEWS CLARE!

Remember when you were in despair as your chain had broken down. So glad it worked out. Hope you are feeling better tooo.

Last edited by Fly Away; Mar 25th 2008 at 10:04 am. Reason: bad spelling....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
How dare they take a holiday??

Gonnago and I sent our meds on the same day, so we are racing to see which one clears first. I reckon it will be hers, as we have had really bad luck all throught the visa process, so there is no reason why it should be any different now..... (Skills Assessment took twice as long as anyone else, for no reason.:curse

We should be praying for rain in Sydney so that they all go back to work early...

Have you had your swim today?
Had my swim in the warm sea today, sorry no rain in Sydney until tonight so they may all be working tomorrow I bet you yours comes back first, rule of averages that you have to have some luck sometime

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
When you get on the plane none of it will matter Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

CONGRATULATIONS Claire
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6107618]Well done!!! I hope you feel OK today - the cold etc.

Note the time - just before 9am and I am up - even in the schoool holidays. get you! early riser. I had to get up and DRESSED today - as now I live the other end of town I dont share the school run (I used to do the afternoons only and not get dressed till lunch time) Im not enjoying early starts...our kids dont break up until Friday, stoopid holidays
(DD still asleep in bed!)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Gonnago;6107916]
Well done!!! I hope you feel OK today - the cold etc.

Note the time - just before 9am and I am up - even in the schoool holidays. get you! early riser. I had to get up and DRESSED today - as now I live the other end of town I dont share the school run (I used to do the afternoons only and not get dressed till lunch time) Im not enjoying early starts...our kids dont break up until Friday, stoopid holidays
(DD still asleep in bed!)
Whats the snow like in Essex ???
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Had my swim in the warm sea today, sorry no rain in Sydney until tonight so they may all be working tomorrow I bet you yours comes back first, rule of averages that you have to have some luck sometime
Morning / Evening Somme,

Sounds lovely swimming in the sea.... sigh....

LOL, hope they all decide to go into work because of the rain!

The law averages doesn't seem to work in our case. First we had a bad agent who misadvised us and ripped us off. Then OH's skills assessment took nearly 17 weeks. Then SA shut down for 2 months after 1st Sept, so we couldn't apply for sponsorship. Then OH's updated reference took another month. Then our meds were delayed as the Dr wouldn't sign as my OH had flu... So why should this be any different? I am just resigned to seeing people who started the process way after us, getting their visas... I just hope this means we will have our good luck in Oz.

Did you make the guacamole in the end?? Hope it turned out OK.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=somme;6107934]
Originally Posted by Gonnago

Whats the snow like in Essex ???
Nought left now. there was enough Sunday for a snowman, but no sooner had they done that and it all dried up...had another spurt last night but again, all gone now. Its cold and miserable. I always find this time of year weird, my birthday is 1st of May and I have had to wear a scarf one year and a summer dress with suncream another.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

get you! early riser. I had to get up and DRESSED today - as now I live the other end of town I dont share the school run (I used to do the afternoons only and not get dressed till lunch time) Im not enjoying early starts...our kids dont break up until Friday, stoopid holidays

Nought left now. there was enough Sunday for a snowman, but no sooner had they done that and it all dried up...had another spurt last night but again, all gone now. Its cold and miserable. I always find this time of year weird, my birthday is 1st of May and I have had to wear a scarf one year and a summer dress with suncream another.

What strange holidays! Did your kids have the long weekend and then go back to school?? Mind you if they did, it's better than the 14 week summer term we have to look forward to - bloomin early Easter.:curse:

Lovely sunny day here - thinking of sitting out in the garden later... I always knew it was warmer here, but crikey, the last few days have proved it. We were on the beach in the sun yesterday...... Rains more here though...
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

It isa really weird holiday - they have spring break now instead of easter - so they had fri and mon off last weekend for easter and then go back 4 days and then get 2 (?) weeks off for spring.

I thought the weather in Wales was worse than it is here We seem to get the hottest temps in Summer and the coldest in Winter (obviously not including N scotland.)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Morning / Evening Somme,

Sounds lovely swimming in the sea.... sigh....

LOL, hope they all decide to go into work because of the rain!

The law averages doesn't seem to work in our case. First we had a bad agent who misadvised us and ripped us off. Then OH's skills assessment took nearly 17 weeks. Then SA shut down for 2 months after 1st Sept, so we couldn't apply for sponsorship. Then OH's updated reference took another month. Then our meds were delayed as the Dr wouldn't sign as my OH had flu... So why should this be any different? I am just resigned to seeing people who started the process way after us, getting their visas... I just hope this means we will have our good luck in Oz.

Did you make the guacamole in the end?? Hope it turned out OK.
Making it this weekend as a party of six have hired a boat with a BBQ on it and are going to moor on a sand island to BBQ and picnic
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It isa really weird holiday - they have spring break now instead of easter - so they had fri and mon off last weekend for easter and then go back 4 days and then get 2 (?) weeks off for spring.

I thought the weather in Wales was worse than it is here We seem to get the hottest temps in Summer and the coldest in Winter (obviously not including N scotland.)
Wales is a big place. Where we are is South Wales and we are further South than London. We are also protected in the lee of the Bristol Channel and are close to sea level - very rarely snows. If you go 5 miles up the road, they are much higher up and have much worse weather. We are like a little island of warm weather. Still get a LOT of rain though and the wind comes in off the sea.

We still have Easter holiday which is a pain as it moves around. This year we had a ten week term after Xmas - which was nice, but now it will be interminable over the summer... I can feel a few weeks off coming up - especially after we get our visas - hope DD won't be going back to that school after July anyway....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:50 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

morning everyone how are you.

Blimey there was a lot to catch up on and I only disappeared for a couple of days.

I am already stressed with this house selling lark the buyers have been checked over and are in a position to buy, but our EA has said they could go with a morgage they have offered them or stick with the one they have already got they still havent decided.

Earlies they can have a surveyor out is next week and at the end the EA agent says it needs to complete in 6, I want 5.

Clare can I ask how long did it take you to complete.

When you exchange how long til you get the money, its a long time since I bought a house and I cant remember is 5 weeks realistic, my solicitor seems to think so.

good luck with viewings this week guys I have everything crossed.

kaye x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Making it this weekend as a party of six have hired a boat with a BBQ on it and are going to moor on a sand island to BBQ and picnic
LOL, it's a hard life eh Somme???

Sounds wonderful - I'm very jealous.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL, it's a hard life eh Somme???

Sounds wonderful - I'm very jealous.
Not quite paradise, bl**dy biting insects can make your life miserable at times, cr*p wages but apart that not bad at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.