Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Icarus
is it forecast ? maybe tomorrow eh
Great pic - was that this morning?

Not forcast. Where we live is the warmest place in mainland UK. (Ignore the lot in Cornwall, it is consistantly warmer here, it is tourist advertising to get people to go to Cornwall...) I think it has only snowed a handful of times in the last 10 years and rarely sticks. However, we could drive 5 miles up the road into the mountains and it will be a foot deep. So I guess, I'll have to check if it has snowed up there... Sparky wife, where are you??
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
The only snow we had last year was on a school day. I promised DD she could play out in it after school, but it had melted by the time she came home. (Pic I posted yesterday was just before school - on St David's day, they wear national costume to school in Wales) This year I promised I would give her the day off if it snowed, as it might be her last chance to see snow and of course it hasn't snowed...
Just been over some people from Pontypool's house for a bbq and they had a text from home saying it was snowing quite heavy...

Take a ride to the valleys with a sledge and she might just get to play in some

Lauxxx
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Not forcast. Where we live is the warmest place in mainland UK. (Ignore the lot in Cornwall, it is consistantly warmer here, it is tourist advertising to get people to go to Cornwall...) I think it has only snowed a handful of times in the last 10 years and rarely sticks. However, we could drive 5 miles up the road into the mountains and it will be a foot deep. So I guess, I'll have to check if it has snowed up there... Sparky wife, where are you??
Great minds think alike It has def been snowing in the valleys!!!!

Lau x
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:28 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm no mountains here in flat Lincolnshire . love Wales tho & i should really get over there .... so much to do & hopefully so little time !!

Yes that was about 8ish this morning
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SW - I called and you came. I guess it's not snowing up with you then, so no sledging today...

Have fun at the inlaws.

Hi Lau - Have you eaten all your egg yet?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi SW - I called and you came. I guess it's not snowing up with you then, so no sledging today...

Have fun at the inlaws.

Hi Lau - Have you eaten all your egg yet?
Shared the egg with everyone but still have the chocolates left = they are MINE!!!!

Did you get any eggs from the Easter Bunny????

Lau x
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
Great minds think alike It has def been snowing in the valleys!!!!

Lau x
LOL, it's a funny place to live here, I often see cars covered in snow when it isn't snowing down here..

hmmmm no mountains here in flat Lincolnshire . love Wales tho & i should really get over there .... so much to do & hopefully so little time !!

Yes that was about 8ish this morning
Good place for a postie if there are no hills! Our postie has one leg shorter than the other.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shared the egg with everyone but still have the chocolates left = they are MINE!!!!

Did you get any eggs from the Easter Bunny????

Lau x
I had a 70% cocoa egg with choc covered brazils.. mmmm

DD had her eggs and hasn't bothered to open them. I'm eating mine for breakfast.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:38 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, it's a funny place to live here, I often see cars covered in snow when it isn't snowing down here..

Good place for a postie if there are no hills! Our postie has one leg shorter than the other.
like a mountain goat ?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blackwood was so high above sea level we had fab snow - people in work in Cardiff would never believe me when I said I couldn't get in to work.... We lived right at the top of a mountain and when it snowed it SNOWED!!!

Lau x
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

like a mountain goat ?
Just like that!! You don't know you're born, some of the valleys posties have to walk up and down virtual cliff faces...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:43 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Just like that!! You don't know you're born, some of the valleys posties have to walk up and down virtual cliff faces...
a good pair of daps is always handy
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blackwood was so high above sea level we had fab snow - people in work in Cardiff would never believe me when I said I couldn't get in to work.... We lived right at the top of a mountain and when it snowed it SNOWED!!!

Lau x
LOL, must have passed you on the road - I lived in Cardiff and worked in Blackwood. Sometimes I would be the only one at work cos the main road would be cleared, but the people on the side roads would be snowed in. My boss wasn't happy.....
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

a good pair of daps is always handy
Good Welshism there. I say pumps cos I wasn't brought up here....
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL, must have passed you on the road - I lived in Cardiff and worked in Blackwood. Sometimes I would be the only one at work cos the main road would be cleared, but the people on the side roads would be snowed in. My boss wasn't happy.....
I lived in Highfields right at the top.......... No chance of getting in, like you say if you could make it to the main road you were fine!! Saw so many bumped and abandoned cars when the snow cleared where people had tried to get out...

I worked on Dumballs Road....

Lau x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.