Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
No snow - just very windy but sunny. We very rarely get snow here. Fingers crossed we don't!

Lol, yes a lot of lunacy around.

Yeah

There was a full moon last night but didn't hear no baying down these parts
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
We think we will probably book into a hotel when we eventually go be nice to have a bit of a break!!! Let someone else do breakfast http://bestsmileys.com/wink/1.gif and take a leisurely drive back!!!

I was sitting here all jealous thinking that you had snow - SC reported snow earlier today you know....

Lau x
We stayed for 3 days on Phillip Island had a great time. Stayed in a motel which was quite cheap but hadf a pool etc. Went to the Nobbies to see the seals, (PMSL at the name), Did the penguins and Koala Park and the wacky museum thingie which DD loved. Went on the beach etc. I think there were a couple of things we didn't get round to as well - so a good weekend breaks worth of stuff that the kids would enjoy.. There is no rush for you though, it's not going anywhere - probably better to go when it's quieter.

You know we don't get much snow down here compared to Caephilly - there could be a good 2 feet up there and it would still be sunny, (more likely rainy) here.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:24 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks O2O! Got to wait until 30th March before they actually take over. No new viewings from old EA since we gave them notice.

Today we are talking about leaving our house and leasing it on a corporate let for a couple of years to guarantee income. Anyone done this??? Anyone know how to do this?
Roll on 30 March then.

Sorry can't help with the corporate let. Maybe have a chat with your solicitor, I would imagine they would be able to help.

Originally Posted by hereshoping
thanks for the lucky star...

they came, they still liked, they also want to buy half our furniture. Yay.

Only slight issue is they want to be in a bit earlier than we want to be out, but we will sort that.
Brill news. Less to take, less in the container, less money to pay out.

We've got snow on and off here. Not heavy or settling here. The kids are hoping that we get loads more so they can build a snowman.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed for 3 days on Phillip Island had a great time. Stayed in a motel which was quite cheap but hadf a pool etc. Went to the Nobbies to see the seals, (PMSL at the name), Did the penguins and Koala Park and the wacky museum thingie which DD loved. Went on the beach etc. I think there were a couple of things we didn't get round to as well - so a good weekend breaks worth of stuff that the kids would enjoy.. There is no rush for you though, it's not going anywhere - probably better to go when it's quieter.

You know we don't get much snow down here compared to Caephilly - there could be a good 2 feet up there and it would still be sunny, (more likely rainy) here.
The snow used to be really bad in Blackwood.....

We lived on the side of the mountain and when it snowed couldn't get to work.. It was worse there than in Brecon most of the time

Will go to Phillip Island soon.... Promised youngest that we would go - problem is the oldest two have made loads of friends so want to stay around here now

I'm happy they have settled in though honest I am

Lau x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Great to finally put some faces to names Had a bad day yesterday Took girls to a birthday party, which had a massive bouncy castle inside the rugby club.
Only one mat on the floor.........and the next thing I knew my 3 year old came flying out of the bouncy castle and cracked her head on the floor
Massive egg on the side of her head too
Take her home, with the other 3 girls kicking and screaming as they want to stay and play!!!, 3 year old falls asleep......so I'm worried that she is unconscious!!!! Wakes up 2 hours later and is like a button!!!
Then hubby decides we shouldn't move to Oz!!!!
Took a few hours to persuade him we are doing the right thing by going, even if we will be financially worse off.
Emotionally drained I demand a hot curry from the local Indian takeaway........and bloody enjoyed it!!!
What a day!!!
Beth x x :
Beth, you had one hell of a day yesterday! Hope you are all doing better, glad your little one was ok. How long until the off? How is your OH today?

Thanks O2O! Got to wait until 30th March before they actually take over. No new viewings from old EA since we gave them notice.

Today we are talking about leaving our house and leasing it on a corporate let for a couple of years to guarantee income. Anyone done this???: Anyone know how to do this?
Sorry, don't know. Not long now until the 30th, but still very frustrating for you. :curse: Did you go down yesterday?

Originally Posted by hereshoping
thanks for the lucky star...

they came, they still liked, they also want to buy half our furniture. Yay.

Only slight issue is they want to be in a bit earlier than we want to be out, but we will sort that.
Sounds like things are moving well for you. So you are ok about the furniture, it was anything you were desperate to take.

J, did you have a better sleep last night?

It was snowing with us quite hard yesterday afternoon but none of it stuck.
Saying that, just looked out of the window and it starting again!
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

LOL......just had a right laugh here
Andrew found a song called 'Combine harvester' by the Wurzels........and we were just dancing in the kitchen, linking arms like barn dancing.....PMSL
Good laugh.......good song too
Beth x x
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Roll on 30 March then.

Sorry can't help with the corporate let. Maybe have a chat with your solicitor, I would imagine they would be able to help.

Brill news. Less to take, less in the container, less money to pay out.

We've got snow on and off here. Not heavy or settling here. The kids are hoping that we get loads more so they can build a snowman.
My kids used to be gutted when they got snow in the hols as they didn't get to miss school...

Might drive to see the snow here in the winter - thought we wouldn't get to see it again when we moved...

Lau x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:28 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew found a song called 'Combine harvester' by the Wurzels........and we were just dancing in the kitchen, linking arms like barn dancing.....PMSL
Beth x x
well, thank you very bloody much!

it's now stuck in my head!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by somme
What a day (((HUGS))) hun I had a terrible wobble yesterday cried and wanted to go home poor hubby didn't know what to do

Got up this morning 28 deg had a swim in the pool and went for coffee and beach feel much better, hubby still recovering
Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday it is natural. Glad you are feeling better today.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beth x x
We've got 40 acres and you've got 33...

Oh I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give ye the key

You nutter!!!!

Lau x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:33 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

You nutter!!!!

Lau x
damn it, you two.:curse:
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

You nutter!!!!

Lau x
Please no, it's starting to go round in my head. :curse:
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:35 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite addicive.......and everyone knows the words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipwkt...eature=related

Beth x x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's quite addicive.......and everyone knows the words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipwkt...eature=related

Beth x x
Noticed your location info!!!

D has a Welsh Dragon with three feathers tattoo.... He has just booked an appointment to have an Australian Map drawn around the dragon...

Lau
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:41 pm
Make it happen!!!!

PMSL......I am a cider drinker....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSoH...eature=related

Beth x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.