Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
Remind me to get your address in Adalaide and offer you a cheap break in queensland
Good idea - she'll be in the same city as me, so I can entice her round with choccie biccies and then ask for help with the wallpapering. LOL.

Actually, I don't mind wallpapering -so long as it's not ceilings or halls. I did both in our last Victorian (high ceilinged) house.

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i felt like that about my house until a couple of weeks ago - and now to be honest i feel as if it is holding us back - i just want to move on (although i know i am going to really miss my kitchen and no doubt i will be whinging about horrible kitchens in a few weeks time )

I reckon I feel like getting shot of the house 50% of the time and the rest of the time I'm in a blind panic in case we don't get the visa and sell the house..........

We left a beautiful kitchen in our last house which I designed and chose everything for. Actually I near as damn fitted it myself too! The kitchen in this house is OK but everything is in the wrong place and there isn't enough worksurface and the fridge is in the utility room and the built in cooker doesn't work properly ................. After a few months I got over it and learnt to cook easier food. LOL
Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i spent the afternoon clearing cupboards - i would rather have been by the pool!!
coats, hats, scarfs, gloves, blankets, hot water bottles - all already marked to go in the container!!!
Originally Posted by somme
QUOTE=Tiggs+Graz;5479726]i spent the afternoon clearing cupboards - i would rather have been by the pool!!
coats, hats, scarfs, gloves, blankets, hot water bottles - all already marked to go in the container!!!
That reminds me to go and get hot water bottles, apparantly they are crap in Oz [/QUOTE]

Don't forget electric blankets too!

EDIT - the quote is playing up AGAIN!!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Whinging Pom House seller

And the rollercoaster ride starts again. Just had a family around to view house and they loved it !! there was wife husband wifes mam and ther 10 yr old son. They could not believe the size of the house tis huge inside for what they would be paying.

They have an invester buying their house and have a mtge ready to go. They asked if they could be in for xmas we said we could move out tomorow if they need us to be. They know the whole street born and bread around here and they even know that our next door neighbour screams at her kids !!! she said she wasnt bothered.

So we have a rental company coming to see our house at 2 tomorrow if they both offer the asking price I dont know who we would pick, what do you do ? she said she would ring the EA at 9 in the morning !!

Fingers crossed my stomach is churning.

AMANDA XX
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
And the rollercoaster ride starts again. Just had a family around to view house and they loved it !! there was wife husband wifes mam and ther 10 yr old son. They could not believe the size of the house tis huge inside for what they would be paying.

They have an invester buying their house and have a mtge ready to go. They asked if they could be in for xmas we said we could move out tomorow if they need us to be. They know the whole street born and bread around here and they even know that our next door neighbour screams at her kids !!! she said she wasnt bothered.

So we have a rental company coming to see our house at 2 tomorrow if they both offer the asking price I dont know who we would pick, what do you do ? she said she would ring the EA at 9 in the morning !!

AMANDA XX

Fantastic news Amanda!!!!

Sell to the person who offers the most and / or complete within your timeframe....

It must be the whinging pom house seller karma on here.

Please let it work for me this week or I am stuffed for leaving end of Dec.

I'll keep everything crossed for you

Lau x
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

AMANDA XX
Sounds great, same price offered I would go with rental company Everything crossed for you.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AMANDA XX
GREAT NEWS!

Hopefully you'll get an offer tomorrow!!! The company may not want to buy and this woman sounds keen! Tell the EA to tell her that they couldn't contact you with her offer - that way you have time to see what happens with the company and compare offers.

It's a hard decision, but one which may be made for you when you actually see the colour of their money!!

Good luck tomorrow!!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
Fantastic news Amanda!!!!

Sell to the person who offers the most and / or complete within your timeframe....

It must be the whinging pom house seller karma on here.

Please let it work for me this week or I am stuffed for leaving end of Dec.

I'll keep everything crossed for you

Lau x

Are you dropping your price tomorrow??

Good luck and hope you get a buyer (or 2) really soon!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Thanks guys, its so hard aint it !! rollercoaster or what I had to have a beer in the whinging poms bar before they came I was that nervous. They sounded really pleased when I said I wanted to move out asap her mam said so she could be in for xmas ! I said she could be in for halloween if shes that keen lol I shall see what happens tomorrow with the company, I do know that a house up the road and her house have been by investers apparantley they r shouting out for the houses becasue of the prices.

Ohhhhhhh what to do I shall let you know what happens tomorrow and may be asking for a "what shall I do" !!!!

Amanda xx

Last edited by Amanda&Phil; Oct 28th 2007 at 8:22 am.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Nope we dropped it a week ago by 5 grand. I want to see what the offer. Have my second viewing from rental company at 2. Its all theory really dunno whats gonna happen bet I dont sleep tonight !

Amanda x
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah if the EA remembers to phone us back I will give her til 09:05 and then get on the phone

I am working from home tomorrow as kids are on 1/2 term but am in Marlow Tues, London City Wednesday, Brecon on Thurs and off again Fri - call me Phileaus Fogg...... At least I don't have to go to Leeds this week

Lau x
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Nope we dropped it a week ago by 5 grand. I want to see what the offer. Have my second viewing from rental company at 2. Its all theory really dunno whats gonna happen bet I dont sleep tonight !

Amanda x
More of what takes your fancy
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, its so hard aint it !! rollercoaster or what I had to have a beer in the whinging poms bar before they came I was that nervous. They sounded really pleased when I said I wanted to move out asap her mam said so she could be in for xmas ! I said she could be in for halloween if shes that keen lol I shall see what happens tomorrow with the company, I do know that a house up the road and her house have been by investers apparantley they r shouting out for the houses becasue of the prices.

Ohhhhhhh what to do I shall let you know what happens tomorrow and may be asking for a "what shall I do" !!!!

Amanda xx
The drink helped I take it! Wish you luck for tomorrow
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Amanda x
Sorry Amanda - that question was aimed at Reedy!!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
The drink helped I take it! Wish you luck for tomorrow
Yup it sure did !!! need another not a virtual one either may have a nifty bacardi with my chicken curry that is brewing, didnt dare make it before they came.

A x
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Amanda - that question was aimed at Reedy!!
Soz mate getting all excited you see, thought you had my quote in there !!

Sorrryyyyyyy

A x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.