Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:35 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Tiggs!

You are the best whinging house seller we all need to touch the hem of your dress to get 2 offers in one day. LOL.
i just wish it had been weeks ago - 15 weeks on the market and 2 offers in one day
(just praying now that it goes through this time )

off to bed now - night all
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i just wish it had been weeks ago - 15 weeks on the market and 2 offers in one day

Night Tiggs!

As they say, good things come to all those who wait patiently! That's what I tell my OH anyway!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Night

Lau x
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:52 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

morning all!

we had dropped off the front page again
i got all panicky for a moment there as i couldnt find the thread - but all is well again
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:57 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

morning
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

that is what this thread is for!!! Butt in whenever you feel the need!

i would try and hang onto your buyer if you can - the market is not great at the moment and it is getting close to christmas.
is there somewhere that you could stay for a couple of weeks after the house sale went through?
you would have to get the shippers in before hand but at least you could still do all the other things afterwards
Thanks guys for your help!!, GOD I thought at the time the visa was bad now I know it was a breeze. Hope you all get a buyer, and to everyone who has one , hope it goes well. I am not sure whats going to happen but I am not giving up.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by estherg
Hello Guys,

Need some advice, just about to cry :curse:. Got word late yesterday that down the chain the first time buyer has got 100% mortgage and so we would have to all exchange & Complete on the same day???. When we sold some 9 weeks ago , we said we want some time in between exchange and complete to arrange shippers, flights, rent etc oh and telling the kids school and work.

I dont want to pull out because the market is dead here.
What do We do??? I feel this was going wrong ages ago , buyer been a pain from the start. We are using the money from the sale to get over to Australia and start our new life, I have just lost my nan and this really is done it for me any tips , sorry to butt in on your thread.
Yes its a pain !! but if they give you a definate date you could get your items shipped etc on the same day maybe do a short term rental or stay with friends until your you are ready to go and you have sorted the other parts out. It will seem alot and to much to do in one day but you will cope and it is normal to exchange and complete on the same day. I would say you have no choice you do not want to go this far down the line and say no for the buyers to go like you said the market is horrendous and you want nothing getting in the way of selling that house.

Sorry to hear about your nan to

Good luck

Amanda x

Last edited by Amanda&Phil; Oct 27th 2007 at 8:27 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:27 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by estherg
Thanks guys for your help!!, GOD I thought at the time the visa was bad now I know it was a breeze. Hope you all get a buyer, and to everyone who has one , hope it goes well. I am not sure whats going to happen but I am not giving up.
nope i can categorically state that this last week of house selling was FAR worse than anything the visa application put me through

at least you sound more cheerful this morning - keep smiling - it makes you feel better

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Oct 27th 2007 at 8:28 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Im up early frantically cleaning and getting the house spic and span for buyers coming to see house tonight. Here is question for you. we have a viewing tonight who is in a chain of 2. We have a rental investment company coming monday. If the investment offer us say 90k and the couple the asking price 95k, which would you take? the investment company will complete in 2WEEKS ! is it worth loosing the 5k ?

Amanda
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:55 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Im up early frantically cleaning and getting the house spic and span for buyers coming to see house tonight. Here is question for you. we have a viewing tonight who is in a chain of 2. We have a rental investment company coming monday. If the investment offer us say 90k and the couple the asking price 95k, which would you take? the investment company will complete in 2WEEKS ! is it worth loosing the 5k ?

Amanda
it depends how much you need the 5k!
if it would be nice but you can live without it then i would go for the fast completion.
if you are going to really struggle with £5k less in the bank then i would go for the buyer (although this is riskier as a buyer can still back out right until the contracts are signed)

it would be a tough choice
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:58 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
They shouldn't be advertising it as a bedroom then - that's illegal!! Can only be described as a boarded loft space.

Can't believe it needed cleaning. UGH. come and view ours - they are all spotless!

£20k under is 15% below - they may not accept but it's worth a shot if you can emphasise that the loft room will need work to get it up to building regs standard.

waiting for the ea to open, then will see what happens

wish us luck
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:05 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More
waiting for the ea to open, then will see what happens

wish us luck
good luck
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Morning everyone.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Morning everyone.
Morning honey,

How you feeling today?

Lau x
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:13 pm
Home Owner

good luck
think the ea is still laughing

still, will have to wait to see what the sellers have to say

willing to go to 120K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.