Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:51 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Well done Tiggs, I am so jealous

As I said in my earlier post, we are thinking of going anyway and leaving house. Daughter (staying behind til July when boyfriend graduates, both will follow on) wants us to spend last xmas here so looking at flights 29th Dec. What do you think to spending New Years eve in Singapore on way? Or should we carry on and spend it in Melbourne with other daughter (married to an Aussie)?

Decisions, decisions, decisions............

Last edited by itsjulie; Oct 27th 2007 at 4:12 am. Reason: typing dyslexia!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:12 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itsjulie
Well done Tiggs, I am so jealous

As I said in my earlier post, we are thinking of going anyway and leaving house. Daughter (staying behind til July when boyfriend graduates, both will follow on) wants us to spend last xmas hear so looking at flights 29th Dec. What do you think to spending New Years eve in Singapore on way? Or should we carry on and spend it in Melbourne with other daughter (married to an Aussie)?

Decisions, decisions, decisions............
oooh that is a hard decision
if it is just the two of you i might go for the singapore option ... possibly

on a side note have you seen the prices of the tickets between christmas and new year?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:18 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

I suppose it's understandable that they go up. Seem to averaging about £750ish. £850-1500 just before christmas or first week in January so could be worse

Think I'm coming around more to the idea of spending New Year in Singapore coz it might be our only chance and we''ll get to spend many more in Melbourne. Also, think hubby and I deserve a nice romantic 3 night break on our own after all this house selling/visa worry. Nice bit of oriental spice
Old Oct 27th 2007, 5:52 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
[COLOR=red]
I went to see ratatouille yesterday with my son - was good fun but i find it hard to believe it is based on a true story
didnt know that, clever those rats in paris

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i will let you know what happens tomorrow!

i wanted to go and see ratatiouie (sp?) at the pictures but my 4 year old wont go - we took him to see ice age 2 and he got scared by the nasty fish and we had to leave with him in floods of tears after about half an hour - and now he wont go back to the cinema!!!
(i never did get to see the end of ice age 2!)
aahhhhhhh, my 4yr only sits still for the film if i continously supply him with sweets

sorry - been having probs booking flight for eldest son (he is flying out in january and we cant book his flight online because he has a different surname to the rest of us )

ok we have sold to first couple, we fly from newcastle to melbourne (via dubai) on 6th december - then driving from melbourne to adelaide (aiming to be there for the 13th)
did i miss anything?!
yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats just bloody brill,, really must make more time to come on here.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, I have just taken my dog to his adoptive parents

This has been really hard and the house feels so empty without him. It wasn't the money to take him to Oz we just knew he would hate the flight and quarantine and he was already a nervous Labrador and I have found him a super home but all the same I can't seem to stop.

Tiggs great news, see you in Adalaide January some time

Sorry guys just had to let you all know.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:39 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme

This has been really hard and the house feels so empty without him. It wasn't the money to take him to Oz we just knew he would hate the flight and quarantine and he was already a nervous Labrador and I have found him a super home but all the same I can't seem to stop.

oh poor thing - sending big (((hugs)))
i know you are upset at the moment but you are doing this in the best interests of your dog and he is going to be really happy in his new home

i am sooooo nervous about shipping my dog but i just cant bring myself to leave her behind
i know she is going to be upset on the flight and quarantine is not going to be great for her (she likes to sleep on my feet ) but she is only 8 and fit and healthy so i am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the right decision for her.

Yup we will definitely have to have a get together
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Somme, how awful for you.

Sending you some big huggs {{{{{{}}}}}

You know it is the best thing for your dog, but nothing stops the heartbreak for you. Will the new owners be able to send you photos and updates?

Are you on your own or is your OH with you? If you are on your own, stay online and PM me.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

oh poor thing - sending big (((hugs)))
i know you are upset at the moment but you are doing this in the best interests of your dog and he is going to be really happy in his new home

i am sooooo nervous about shipping my dog but i just cant bring myself to leave her behind
i know she is going to be upset on the flight and quarantine is not going to be great for her (she likes to sleep on my feet ) but she is only 8 and fit and healthy so i am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the right decision for her.

Yup we will definitely have to have a get together
Mine is only 8, but so nervous please tell me I have done the right thing, I miss him so much only been 5 hours 20 mins
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the house sale...

I need some of the karma - we want to move end Dec / beginning of Jan and need it to sell!!!

Lau x
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh Somme, how awful for you.

Sending you some big huggs {{{{{{}}}}}

You know it is the best thing for your dog, but nothing stops the heartbreak for you. Will the new owners be able to send you photos and updates?

Are you on your own or is your OH with you? If you are on your own, stay online and PM me.

Yes, they are really nice and will email updates and photo's when I am ready
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is only 8, but so nervous please tell me I have done the right thing, I miss him so much only been 5 hours 20 mins
Oh Somme, I feel for you.

I would be howling too. Can you visit tomorrow - or would that make things worse??

Sending more hugs. {{{{{{}}}}}}

I know it's not like me, but I'd recommend staying off the wine, it'll make you feel worse tonight.

Take care and stay online if you're on your own.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Somme,

I can really sympathise with you. Sending you love and cheering karma....

We are going to leave our cat and know we will all be devastated. We could take her but like you decided it wouldn't be fair. She is so independent that we can't even keep her in for 1 day so 30 days in quarantine would be unfair.....

Be nice to get photos etc ....

Lau x
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, they are really nice and will email updates and photo's when I am ready
That's good! Your dog will always be your dog - even if she's still in the UK. You will know she is safe and sound. Will your children visit her too? They will be able to make sure she is OK.

Not much help right this minute I know.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Reedy
Somme,

I can really sympathise with you. Sending you love and cheering karma....

We are going to leave our cat and know we will all be devastated. We could take her but like you decided it wouldn't be fair. She is so independent that we can't even keep her in for 1 day so 30 days in quarantine would be unfair.....

Be nice to get photos etc ....

Lau x
Thanks can not put into words how lost and painful this is. Bloody hope Oz is all that it is cracked up to be or bless my OH :curse:
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh Somme, I feel for you.

I know it's not like me, but I'd recommend staying off the wine, it'll make you feel worse tonight.

Take care and stay online if you're on your own.
I know a brandy earlier on but know what you are saying, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.