Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Forgt to tell Sammy - we dropped our price by about 3% - after already marketing it at 2% under what the EA said we should. Still no luck. Thinking about reducing it another 3%.

BUT we don't expect to leave the UK until Juneish 2008 so we have some time.
Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
It crappy aint it. Ours has been dropped by 5k to try sift the bracket people can afford I aint dropping it anymore as I would have no money to take to oz !!

I never thought for one moment when we started this process it would be as stressful as it is !! I feel like saying sod it but then I read the posts on this sight and think it willll be worth it

A X

yep...i think we are going to have to reduce again.

We too never thought selling our bloody house was going to such a pain...it's making the visa bit look easy. Our worry is...will it get any better after christmas??? we just don't know!!

For some reason though we had guns blazing, and a bee in our bonnet to go asap, but i don't really suppose we have to. We can save more money staying here for a while - arrgghhh:curse:
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Im now thinking thats not such a good idea may make the price drop the size of my arse

Ha ha

Off to fill skip full of me rubbish before buyers come round sorry potential buyers !!!

A xx
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:14 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

ok update for those not in the PM loop
hope this makes sense!

offer from first couple yesterday - turned down too low

offer from first couple today - what we were hoping for
offer from yesterdays viewer today - said it was her TOP offer - less than the first couple.

accepted offer from first couple
second woman came back with higher offer

I have just talked to EA and asked them if they can ask the couple who we accepted the offer from if they will up their offer a bit ...

... just waiting to hear back

feel as bad now as i did when our last set of buyers dropped out
cant believe that we can be on the market for 15 weeks and get two offers on the same day
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
yep...i think we are going to have to reduce again.

We too never thought selling our bloody house was going to such a pain...it's making the visa bit look easy. Our worry is...will it get any better after christmas??? we just don't know!!

For some reason though we had guns blazing, and a bee in our bonnet to go asap, but i don't really suppose we have to. We can save more money staying here for a while - arrgghhh:curse:
It's so flamin irratating isn't it??? We don't need to go immediately BUT we would save sooo much money if we moved into rented and that would come in handy in Oz!

I think once you have decided to go, the life you have in the UK becomes more difficult as you are gearing everything for Oz and have rellies etc to deal with. So you just want to get out there asap!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:19 pm
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

ok, going to get changed to go view, tell you all about it later, ...... from a buyers side
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
hope this makes sense!

offer from yesterdays viewer today - said it was her TOP offer - less than the first couple.

I have just talked to EA and asked them if they can ask the couple who we accepted the offer from if they will up their offer a bit ...

cant believe that we can be on the market for 15 weeks and get two offers on the same day
Fingers crossed for a good result!

My 7 year has just said you need a remote control for life. Out of the mouths of babes..................

Keep us all updated, we're on the edge of our seats here!

Buyers must be like buses.................. 2 come at once after a long wait. Hmmmm. Hope that happens to us!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

hope this makes sense!

Let the Ea do the work that is what you are paying them for

Update ASAP please.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

hope this makes sense!

well, that sounds good at least you have offers and interest!!

fingers crossed for a good price then!!

It's so flamin irratating isn't it??? We don't need to go immediately BUT we would save sooo much money if we moved into rented and that would come in handy in Oz!

I think once you have decided to go, the life you have in the UK becomes more difficult as you are gearing everything for Oz and have rellies etc to deal with. So you just want to get out there asap!

can you tell i'm stressed and pee'd off??

yes, we do really want to go and for the last year we have planned to be there for christmas/jan, now that is approaching it doesn't look like it's going to happen The family are asking what the hurry is...and i don't really know, apart from we want to get there!! Family think we are going to end up giving the house away just because we are being impatient.

i just don't like not being in control of things...the whole visa thing was out of our control and now selling the house - out of our control

Sam x
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sammyg
well, that sounds good at least you have offers and interest!!

fingers crossed for a good price then!!

can you tell i'm stressed and pee'd off??::

yes, we do really want to go and for the last year we have planned to be there for christmas/jan, now that is approaching it doesn't look like it's going to happen The family are asking what the hurry is...and i don't really know, apart from we want to get there!! Family think we are going to end up giving the house away just because we are being impatient.

i just don't like not being in control of things...the whole visa thing was out of our control and now selling the house - out of our control

Sam x
Chin up Sam! It WILL sell! I think it is wiser to drop the price now to sell now as I think it'll be a hard spring too. Of course, the market will pick up at some point, but we just don't know when.

I hate things being out of my control too!! I like to organise my life and other people are SOOO unreliable.:curse::curse:

We will probably reduce ours and then contact everyone who has shown an interest and hope we get some offers.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:06 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi all

Not been around as I have seemed to hit a bit of a low, no one been to see our house ! one person in 8 weeks who offered then couldnt get mtge so fell through that was 6 weeks ago. I decided to ignore all tings Australian as I felt so let down.

Well I have picked up again and decided I cant do anything about it what will be will be and guess what we have a viewing tommorow night and a viewing Monday so fingers crossed.

Still waiting for Visa to, expect to here about end of November I just feel ill with worry, I just want to know yes or no !!

A xx
Hi Amanda,

not been on much myself lately for same reasons I found it was making me a bit panicky and despaired that we'll never sell house!

Congratulations T&G on your double offer. Hopefully one will complete smoothly for you.

Congrats to you too Somme and anyone else who has offers......haven't got time to read back through all posts.

Daunted, you sound very busy, hope your sale completes quickly aswell. When are you going?

Update on our house: one "sale" fallen through several months ago and not one viewer since. New EA from next week, seems really keen. Have dropped house £30k May drop further in few weeks. May have been overpriced at beginning but certainly not now.

Considering going in January anyway and leaving house for sale. Age is not on my side so we are going on sponsored 457 visa. My employers will sponsor me for PR after 6mths but only before I'm 50, 2 yrs off, so have to get a move on Fortunately have got few grand saved to cover flights but will have to resign ourselves to being broke for first few months and hope house wil sell eventually.................it will, surely, won't it?????

Good luck everyone xxx
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:08 am
Home Owner

Driver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud ofDriver_Once_More has much to be proud of

EA just called, ............... did we want to look at other properties?

wtf, still another 20 mins before we see the 1st prop!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Chin up Sam! It WILL sell! I think it is wiser to drop the price now to sell now as I think it'll be a hard spring too. Of course, the market will pick up at some point, but we just don't know when.

I hate things being out of my control too!! I like to organise my life and other people are SOOO unreliable.:curse::curse:

We will probably reduce ours and then contact everyone who has shown an interest and hope we get some offers.
thanks hun, just re-read our posts, we must be control freaks

sam xx
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Driver_Once_More
EA just called, ............... did we want to look at other properties?

wtf, still another 20 mins before we see the 1st prop!
Bloomin EA's so much for service to the owners of first house you were viewing!:curse:
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:20 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Good afternoon all

Well not only have we now sold (stc) our house we have just booked our flights too

i guess i should be feeling pleased/excited but instead i just feel rather queasy
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good afternoon all

Well not only have we now sold (stc) our house we have just booked our flights too

i guess i should be feeling pleased/excited but instead i just feel rather queasy
YAY!!!!!!!

Australia here you come!!! I'm excited for you!!

Who did you accept an offer from and when are you flying??? Details, we need details............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.