Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:58 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Fingers crossed for you - just smile and say how pleased you are to have nice people buying your house. (That always helps!!)

Sounds like you've been busy! I bet it's manic in your house!!

If you don't mind me asking, how will the post from the PO box reach you? I thought you couldn't open an Auspost post box until you were a resident?? (Catch 22) I might be wrong though as it is something I haven't really looked into.

Hi Ic and Miranda! *waves* Hope you're having good days. I'm doing the washing and cleaning the kitchen - that's fun.
well ...... er good luck !
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tum
Good luck with (trying ) packing and have a lovely weekend too!
Thanks Miranda

Originally Posted by Icarus
oohh Tracy you have been busy ! 2 weeks left eh

happy easter
Think we are going to need more than 2 weeks, also that is if we go, we have just been going through packing and it somehow seems that I have more to take than anyone else. Jason can not understand my need to take 5 pairs of shoes with me, what he doesn't know about is the other 4 pais I hadn't put by the case yet

Fingers crossed for you - just smile and say how pleased you are to have nice people buying your house. (That always helps!!)

Sounds like you've been busy! I bet it's manic in your house!!

If you don't mind me asking, how will the post from the PO box reach you? I thought you couldn't open an Auspost post box until you were a resident?? (Catch 22) I might be wrong though as it is something I haven't really looked into.

Hi Ic and Miranda! *waves* Hope you're having good days. I'm doing the washing and cleaning the kitchen - that's fun.
No, you can't open an Oz Po Box unless you are in the country. It is a company here in the Uk, they provide a PO Box number, receive the post, scan it and email it to us, simple really - she hopes.

Just searching "excess baggage" think we are going to need it

Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

well ...... er good luck !
Thanks Ic - I think....

I presume you have the day off today being bank holiday, we have no post here....
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:19 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ic - I think....

I presume you have the day off today being bank holiday, we have no post here....
yup , day off .

so everything is nice & spotless ?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Think we are going to need more than 2 weeks, also that is if we go, we have just been going through packing and it somehow seems that I have more to take than anyone else. Jason can not understand my need to take 5 pairs of shoes with me, what he doesn't know about is the other 4 pais I hadn't put by the case yet

PMSL - I think 9 pairs of shoes is reasonable.. Do you get double baggage limit or not? We've only got 20kilos and I will struggle. Almost worth paying for business class - might work out cheaper than excess baggage.... That would be great wouldn't it???

No, you can't open an Oz Po Box unless you are in the country. It is a company here in the Uk, they provide a PO Box number, receive the post, scan it and email it to us, simple really - she hopes.

Thanks for that Tracy - I didn't know such companies existed.. what a good idea. Off to do a search right now for them. OH and I are currently discussing if I could put the house in the companys name, and apply for the PP and continue to run our UK business long distance .... might involve a fair few flights back and fore for me but he is the main visa holder and we think it would be OK.... Have to do a lot more research....

Just searching "excess baggage" think we are going to need it

Do you think you will take longer than 2 weeks? Or are you just panicking... I suppose a week or two extra wouldn't be too bad...

Good luck hun, hard work, but worth it.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yup , day off .

so everything is nice & spotless ?
Well, the kitchen is. The rest of the house is a pigsty, but I am particular about keeping the kitchen clean - food poisoning and all that.

What are you up to?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:40 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Well, the kitchen is. The rest of the house is a pigsty, but I am particular about keeping the kitchen clean - food poisoning and all that.

What are you up to?
Am about to cook lunch .... soup in a basket to start , followed by a nice rack of spam

yummi
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Am about to cook lunch .... soup in a basket to start , followed by a nice rack of spam

yummi
Sounds lovely.

Watch your trousers with the soup in the basket...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:57 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Sounds lovely.

Watch your trousers with the soup in the basket...
trousers ?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

trousers ?
Ouch - eyes - water!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Do you think you will take longer than 2 weeks? Or are you just panicking... I suppose a week or two extra wouldn't be too bad...

Good luck hun, hard work, but worth it.
At the moment we are looking at what we want / NEED to take in our suitcases, (including my shoes:curse we will then move that to my parents next week out of the way. We are also going room by room culling kids tous etc and deciding what we want to take and what we don't really need. We then need to start cleaning shoes and bike for the container which arrives in 10 days time. Kids and dog moving in with my parents on Sunday 30th, we are at a family party from 3 tomorrow, and my car goes tomorrow morning, have borrowed mums car, dog having hair cut as I type. Once this weekend is over we only have one week, which will fly by, we also need to get those goodbyes in too

There were 2 companies I found for the PO Box one pay as you go and also a company in London think it was £125.00 for the year. Worth looking at, just hope it works as I planned.

yummi
Sounds divine, we had lovely left of curry from last night - yummy

Have just been joining Emirates sky miles, also they charge £31,82 per kilo for excess baggage, which is what I was looking for. Now back to excess baggage sites, not worth going to the airport in the hope they let us through with the excess and not charge us. As we are going on a 457 we only get 20 kilos each and I could use one of those on shoes on bags

Tracy
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:58 am
Handsome Internet Guy

At the moment we are looking at what we want / NEED to take in our suitcases, (including my shoes:curse we will then move that to my parents next week out of the way. We are also going room by room culling kids tous etc and deciding what we want to take and what we don't really need. We then need to start cleaning shoes and bike for the container which arrives in 10 days time. Kids and dog moving in with my parents on Sunday 30th, we are at a family party from 3 tomorrow, and my car goes tomorrow morning, have borrowed mums car, dog having hair cut as I type. Once this weekend is over we only have one week, which will fly by, we also need to get those goodbyes in too

There were 2 companies I found for the PO Box one pay as you go and also a company in London think it was £125.00 for the year. Worth looking at, just hope it works as I planned.

Sounds divine, we had lovely left of curry from last night - yummy

Have just been joining Emirates sky miles, also they charge £31,82 per kilo for excess baggage, which is what I was looking for. Now back to excess baggage sites, not worth going to the airport in the hope they let us through with the excess and not charge us. As we are going on a 457 we only get 20 kilos each and I could use one of those on shoes on bags

Tracy
No rest for the wicked Tracy

Spam was delish btw
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Spam was delish btw
I do hope you are joking this time...spam...nooooo!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Spam was delish btw
Nope

Glad spam was good, you'll have to give me the recipe, rack of spam sounds interesting

Not sure who is going from Manchester and you might already know this, but they are now allowing more than one piece of hand luggage

Soooo, if I get as many clothes in our cabin cases as possible, the kids can have rucksacks on there backs, with the toys in they want to take, I find the biggest handbag I can, which leaves more room in the suitcases for my shoes

Tracy
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:16 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by jerzo
I do hope you are joking this time...spam...nooooo!!!!

Glad spam was good, you'll have to give me the recipe, rack of spam sounds interesting
Lovely with a cucumber sauce .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.