Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:32 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, yes it is unlikely that the EA is working isn't it?

Janine, tell me to go and do my ironing, I need to get off BE.

GO DO YOUR IRONING
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
Hi everyone!

I can't believe how much you've all posted since I last looked!
Well, our EA reckons we should be exchanging around Easter and completing 1-2 weeks after thatReally hoping this one goes through, so sick of being in limbo! Thinking of getting some shipping boxes delivered from Seven Seas to pack over the Easter weekend but don't want to jinx things::
Sold OH's beloved car on Friday, bit sad, but the massive stone chip we spotted on the bonnet as we left the dealers did soften the blow a bit! So now we're walking everywhere and I'm hoping all these extra emigration stress pounds will just drop off!

Good luck to you all and keep your fingers crossed for us!

C
xx

PS Great to see you back Beth!:thumbsup
LOL at the chip - sometimes karma works in funny ways....

I'd get the boxes delivered - the more you do, in advance the easier it is.

Us chat? Never.

Originally Posted by egghead4
i just sent an email to our EA saying we want to terminate our contract with them, dont know whether I have made the right choice
i will get another one in place now, so lets hope they find someone to fall in love with my house.
bec
It's hard isn't it - but you feel you must do something.

Originally Posted by dinky2
Well, the minute we gave notice to our EA and signed up with another one, they found us a buyer so you never know! Good Luck::
I'm hoping this hapens to us!

Originally Posted by egghead4
I hope so,
the only thing is that the new ea want a 1/4% more to sell the house, so I may try and negotiate with them beore actually agreeing any contract.
bec
Our new EA matched the rate (1%) AND gave us the same rate on the rental flat too. (Should have been 1.5% for both) Just ask, say can they match it - they want your business, so they'll probably say yes..

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
GO DO YOUR IRONING
Thanks Janine - I'VE DONE IT!! Yippee! had to get it done as normally do it on Monday but I have an appointment to have my hair done tomorrow - which I have cancelled every week for the last 3 weeks as we had a viewing on the house and I needed time to clean. There is no way I can cancel again - I had a go at my fringe with the scissors the other day.....
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

It would be too good to be true to sell it in the first week it's on the market... But there is always hope...

How are you - any news on your viewer? I wish EAs were open Sundays - it's such a depressing day as you can't ring them up and shout..
Not open on Sundays All 3 of our EA's are open on Sundays I thought that was the norm

I'd get the boxes delivered - the more you do, in advance the easier it is.

Us chat? Never.

It's hard isn't it - but you feel you must do something.

I'm hoping this hapens to us!

Our new EA matched the rate (1%) AND gave us the same rate on the rental flat too. (Should have been 1.5% for both) Just ask, say can they match it - they want your business, so they'll probably say yes..

Thanks Janine - I'VE DONE IT!! Yippee! had to get it done as normally do it on Monday but I have an appointment to have my hair done tomorrow - which I have cancelled every week for the last 3 weeks as we had a viewing on the house and I needed time to clean. There is no way I can cancel again - I had a go at my fringe with the scissors the other day.....[/QUOTE]

Lol used to do that myself years ago when i had a fringe
Old Mar 16th 2008, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys

Not open on Sundays All 3 of our EA's are open on Sundays I thought that was the norm

Lol used to do that myself years ago when i had a fringe
Our old EA was open Sat but not Sun. Our new EA is open for viewings only on Sunday - there is no one in the office.

My fringe is a little wonky now and my roots are an inch long - I look really classy....

Plus a little retail therapy might be in order as the hairdresser is in the city. I will turn my mobile off and sod the lot of them - if the EAs need me they'll have to wait.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

we finally had our second viewing today after nearly a month on the market... they seem to really like it, but were seeing loads of others today too so we will have to wait and see.

Our EA is only open for viewings on a sunday too, they have some people in but noone senior who actually knows anything
Old Mar 16th 2008, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hereshoping
we finally had our second viewing today after nearly a month on the market... they seem to really like it, but were seeing loads of others today too so we will have to wait and see.

Our EA is only open for viewings on a sunday too, they have some people in but noone senior who actually knows anything
Fingers crossed that they come back for another viewing!! Sounds positive.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Keeping everything crossed for you, it does sound promising.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hiya Sparky W. *waves*

Does anyone know how to alter a classified ad? Just spotted an error in mine.. Been in had a look under 'my ads' but can't find a way to do it.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:09 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Janine - I'VE DONE IT!! Yippee! had to get it done as normally do it on Monday but I have an appointment to have my hair done tomorrow - which I have cancelled every week for the last 3 weeks as we had a viewing on the house and I needed time to clean. There is no way I can cancel again - I had a go at my fringe with the scissors the other day.....
Good for you. Now you need to tell me to go do mine. I've been putting it off all day but it seems that the ironing ain't coming.

Luckily for me I have no fringe.

My fringe is a little wonky now and my roots are an inch long - I look really classy....

Plus a little retail therapy might be in order as the hairdresser is in the city. I will turn my mobile off and sod the lot of them - if the EAs need me they'll have to wait.
Roots!!! I wish mine were only an inch long. I'm practically back to my original hair colour. Or to put it the way dd does "brown with lots of grey and some blonde bits at the end". I wouldn't mind but when I had it down it was magenta and expresso.

Retail therapy sounds good. Might hit the town after my viewing tomorrow. Hold up, can't buy too much or that's more for the container. Oh well.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Good for you. Now you need to tell me to go do mine. I've been putting it off all day but it seems that the ironing ain't coming.

That's how i feel about mine. Usually I need Phil and Fern to take my mind off the horriblness of it all... but I was brave and did it with DD's cartoons. wait until we get to Oz and it's boiling -much too hot to do ironing I think.

Luckily for me I have no fringe.

Very lucky!! Mine is always in my eyes.

Roots!!! I wish mine were only an inch long. I'm practically back to my original hair colour. Or to put it the way dd does "brown with lots of grey and some blonde bits at the end". I wouldn't mind but when I had it down it was magenta and expresso.

LOL, had to laygh at your husband's description. I'm lucky as I have fairish hair and just have highlights to brighten it up and hide the grey. In the summer it goes blond by itself, so Aus will be great for me - save a fortune in colourists fees.

Retail therapy sounds good. Might hit the town after my viewing tomorrow. Hold up, can't buy too much or that's more for the container. Oh well.
I'm looking for clothes as I have got so fat eating and drinking wine on BE, I can't fit into mine.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there Fly Away <waves back>

'Fraid I don't know about the classified ads.

All this talk about ironing...I have a growing pile and have noooooo intention of doing it tonight, def not when Lost is on. Need all my energy to ooooogle certain males...
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:12 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking for clothes as I have got so fat eating and drinking wine on BE, I can't fit into mine.
LOL.....Nic you'll be wearing yellow spandex leggings soon
Beth x x
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
LOL.....Nic you'll be wearing yellow spandex leggings soon
Beth x x
God help me.....
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:16 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Ironing , hairdressers appointments , Spandex .... what the !!!!

< steps out side & makes sure he is in the right thread
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus
Ironing , hairdressers appointments , Spandex .... what the !!!!

< steps out side & makes sure he is in the right thread
Girly chat while we wait for visas, house sales... etc... shall we talk about drills now..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.