Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I am sure the house looks fab - lots of luck for tomorrow.

Now and don't laugh, apparently we all have a guardian angel and if you light a candle and wish to your guardian angel and ask them for their help your wish will come through. You do have to want this and be really sincere with your wish and request to your angel when asking them for help.

Good Luck - we are just about to give it a go, at this moment in time I am prepared to give anything a go, if someone told me I had to run round the village streets naked and I would sell, I would

Tracy the loon
Hi Tracy,

I am quite prepared to believe in this if it will work!! I hope this is sincere enough. Like you, I will give anything a go, although I will be sad to see the house go...

Lets hope it works for all of us.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:26 am
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Evening all.
It was worth changing the EA as we have had a really busy weekend with viewings and had one couple back tonight for a second viewing, and another is thinking about a second viewing later this week!!

The couple who came tonight are first time buyers which is really unexpected, they must have some cash! Even if nothing comes of the viewings we are starting to feel a bit more optimistic and the market feels like it is picking up. There is hope for all of us, hang in there.

I feel like I've not stopped cleaning for days, it's better exercise than going to the gym!

Good luck to you all.

BS
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I am sure the house looks fab - lots of luck for tomorrow.

Now and don't laugh, apparently we all have a guardian angel and if you light a candle and wish to your guardian angel and ask them for their help your wish will come through. You do have to want this and be really sincere with your wish and request to your angel when asking them for help.

Good Luck - we are just about to give it a go, at this moment in time I am prepared to give anything a go, if someone told me I had to run round the village streets naked and I would sell, I would

Tracy the loon
I have also made a wish with the candle. I cried a little when I made my wish. I must be cracking up with all this stress.
I must admit I was quite sad to blow the candle out after.
But got to go to bed and get ready for the person to fall in love with my house and offer me the price I want .
I must be more positive from now on I am so going to try to be.

Good luck to everyone its going happen for us all soon.
Julie
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds well worth changing Big Sky!!!

I bet you get an offer soon at this rate! Maybe you could even get a bidding war going....

Oh Julie, it will work out- sometimes dreams can come true and sometimes when things don't turn out how we would wish, it is for a good reason.

We had to wait until after Sept 1st to apply for our visa because South Australia shut it's state sponsorship for 2 months. At the time,we were might annoyed as we had to do the IELTS exam BUT if we hadn't, we would have gone down the $100K bond - which they withdrew and left everyboy in limbo.

Hopefully the reason for the delay in selling will become clear too.

good luck to everyone.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:36 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Evening all.
It was worth changing the EA as we have had a really busy weekend with viewings and had one couple back tonight for a second viewing, and another is thinking about a second viewing later this week!!

The couple who came tonight are first time buyers which is really unexpected, they must have some cash! Even if nothing comes of the viewings we are starting to feel a bit more optimistic and the market feels like it is picking up. There is hope for all of us, hang in there.

I feel like I've not stopped cleaning for days, it's better exercise than going to the gym!

Good luck to you all.

BS
Sounds promising , good luck .
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Ohh sounds good Big Sky.

Good luck today N. xx

Last edited by Gonnago; Feb 25th 2008 at 9:00 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:16 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Can I now officially join the thread, the man is outside putting up the sign and i'm feeling nervous is that normal ???

I guess we are officially on the market I have taken note of all your tips and I am now going to fold my toilet paper into neat shapes.

Good luck everyone, fingers crossed.

kaye x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Ohh sounds good Blue Sky.

Good luck today N. xx
Thanks hun!Just doing the final tidy.....

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi everyone

Can I now officially join the thread, the man is outside putting up the sign and i'm feeling nervous is that normal ???

I guess we are officially on the market I have taken note of all your tips and I am now going to fold my toilet paper into neat shapes.

kaye x
Hi Kaye,

It is nerve wracking isn't it? You have gone onto the market at the best time of year - so here's hoping you won't have to spend too much time folding loo roll into pretty shapes.

Good luck to you and everyone elsetrying to sell.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

I wish you the best of luck Kaye, and welcome to the nut house!!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:57 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Evening all.

Good luck to you all.

BS
Hi Big Sky,

Certainly sounds promising. Good luck with the 2nd viewers

Originally Posted by corgi
I have also made a wish with the candle. I cried a little when I made my wish. I must be cracking up with all this stress.
I must admit I was quite sad to blow the candle out after.
But got to go to bed and get ready for the person to fall in love with my house and offer me the price I want .
I must be more positive from now on I am so going to try to be.

Good luck to everyone its going happen for us all soon.
Julie
I know, it's so stressful. Once you've sold you'll be able to look back at this and laugh (or cry)

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi everyone

kaye x
Hi Kaye, feelings of nervousness are perfectly normal along with feelings of anger and insanity, all of which have been displayed in previous posts.

Buckle up and join the rollercoaster

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5984356]Thanks hun!Just doing the final tidy.....

Good luck to you and everyone elsetrying to sell.QUOTE]

Good luck Fly What time are they coming?

I'm going shopping this morning - I might buy some bread mix and make some bread and I'm sure I need to get some more filter coffee for the coffee machine. Think the dining room could do with some fresh flowers as well

I shall then be cleaning my house from top to bottom. All in the anticipation that I might actually get a viewer some time soon.

Janine
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
Just put our house on market on Friday.Had first viewing last night, not hopeful really as she never really said much either way. We let estate agents show her round while we just sat there feeling a bit uncomfortable in our own house!!
Feels weird having someone look round your perfect house( Best state its been in since we've moved in) and feeling that they may not like your great taste.Anyway , he said he's going to ring today to see if there's any feedback, but i'm not holding out any hope, he ho At least we have another viewing next week, so still have to keep house tidy!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

If nothing else you can guarantee a viewer the day your flowers are sitting dead in the window.

I am always getting flowers off my clients, so when we were on the market I had a constant stream of them in my front window it was great. Now I am winding up the business my flowers are dwindling *sigh* I do have some nice roses in the window from my children though
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Hi,
Just put our house on market on Friday.Had first viewing last night, not hopeful really as she never really said much either way. We let estate agents show her round while we just sat there feeling a bit uncomfortable in our own house!!
Feels weird having someone look round your perfect house( Best state its been in since we've moved in) and feeling that they may not like your great taste.Anyway , he said he's going to ring today to see if there's any feedback, but i'm not holding out any hope, he ho At least we have another viewing next week, so still have to keep house tidy!
Fingers crossed they suprise you, I have actually found that I wasnt able to judge the viewers by their reactions at all I had thought some were dead certs when they left and they were never to be heard from again, but our Buyers were actually quite cool about it all and I was unsure if they liked it.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:15 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Good luck, Inglewhite. Whenever I've looked at houses previously I have never said anything. So that could be a good thing

If nothing else you can guarantee a viewer the day your flowers are sitting dead in the window.

I am always getting flowers off my clients, so when we were on the market I had a constant stream of them in my front window it was great. Now I am winding up the business my flowers are dwindling *sigh* I do have some nice roses in the window from my children though
Mmmmm, that's true. I never been one for looking after flowers either

Maybe I'll just stick to the coffee and bread

Janine
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

Good luck Fly What time are they coming?

10.45am - just got to put this laptop away and I'm done tidying!

I'm going shopping this morning - I might buy some bread mix and make some bread and I'm sure I need to get some more filter coffee for the coffee machine. Think the dining room could do with some fresh flowers as well

I shall then be cleaning my house from top to bottom. All in the anticipation that I might actually get a viewer some time soon.

Janine
It'll happen soon Janine! At least when they do come, you'll know the house is at it's best! I might just go and put my coffee filter on....

Hi,
Welcome to the thread! It sounds like you have made a really good start. Fingers crossed that the first viewer was just trying not to give too much away and for the second viewing.

I always go out when we have a viewing - although for a while the house was on privately and I used to show people round. It is definately less stressful to go out!

If nothing else you can guarantee a viewer the day your flowers are sitting dead in the windowI am always getting flowers off my clients, so when we were on the market I had a constant stream of them in my front window it was great. Now I am winding up the business my flowers are dwindling *sigh* I do have some nice roses in the window from my children though:

LOL Hayles, I have some plants in my conservatory which I am trying to revive after I forgot to water them - I have to hide them away when we have viewers.

You know I have a plant I was given by a friend 20 years ago and it is still going strong, (must suit the under and over water periodic sort of care it gets ) What shall I do with I when we go???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.