Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:34 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
I am too totally stressed with it all
Lorna
No luck yet are you getting many viewers I cant understand it its a really nice area and good for people working at ministry i'm really surprised.

Who is your agent. Are you still with the sameone you started with.

We have the valuers coming round on Monday so fingers crossed

Good luck

Kaye x
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:05 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Good luck everyone. Suart, sounds promising.

Beth, a little while back were you thinking about going with one of those companies that buy your place? Are you still thinking about it?
Had a shock today because the original figure one company gave us, we wouldn't have accepted. Now they are offering to clear our mortgage. (Very very low, for round here esp.)

Am feeling very low today, think I know what's coming.
Not yet....it's a back-up plan for us though.
They would clear our mortgage but we would have nothing left over
Have put a new EA on yesterday, who seem quite confident that they can sell our house for us
£20k off the original asking price 10 months ago.............so see what happens.
Really hope everyone has some viewers soon.......I have my 4 girls off this week for half term to add to my problems
Beth x x
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Just had a viewing seemed keen but who can tell. Fingers crossed!
3 hours cleaning for 15 mins viewing!

Lorna
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wardy2
No luck yet are you getting many viewers I cant understand it its a really nice area and good for people working at ministry i'm really surprised.

Who is your agent. Are you still with the sameone you started with.

We have the valuers coming round on Monday so fingers crossed

Good luck

Kaye x
Dont know why it hasnt sold. Its up with 2 estate agents now!
Driving me mad!
Who u putting yours up with?
Have you heard from Gary who left at xmas for brissy.Spoke to him just before he left wondering how they were going
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
So far so good, apparently you need to buy the good ones though as the cheap ones can go pop when you are least expecting it. Doing wonders on the duvets and also daughters teddies

Tracy
Just remember with the vacuum bags if they look through your stuff they will take it out and they won't have a hoover handy - unless you can track down a passing cleaner
Just a thought.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:52 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

After the disappointment of losing our buyer last week we had a glimmer of hope for today.
EA told us today's viewer was a cash buyer looking to buy in our area.
He called an hour before the viewing to say it was cancelled
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kapri
After the disappointment of losing our buyer last week we had a glimmer of hope for today.
How annoying lets hope he re arranges for later in week. Same thing happened to me last week.
Only good news I have had this week is that my dear old dad who owns a removal company in Hampshire has surprised me with a quote for removals to Brisbane. All big quotes came in at £3700 - £3900 and when mum and dad came round for sunday lunch I showed him to get his advice. He said he uses Anglo Pacific and he would give me a quote for full packing, marine insurance and it came this morning it was £3100. Just goes to show you don't have to use these big international companies. (even though they are providing container and delivery at Oz end). I was pleasantly surprised and I know it will be packed with love and care.
Just got to sell the house. I am sure it will go soon - ever optimistic.

Last edited by maisey; Feb 9th 2008 at 1:02 am. Reason: quote at top not supposed to be there
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:35 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know why it hasnt sold. Its up with 2 estate agents now!
Driving me mad!
Who u putting yours up with?
Have you heard from Gary who left at xmas for brissy.Spoke to him just before he left wondering how they were going

Not sure yet who to choose got a couple coming round tomorrow.

I knew gary left new years day but haven't heard from them I think they were heading to Thornlands but then they said Fig Tree Pocket so cant be sure.

Fingers crossed for your viewing

Kaye
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:44 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

well, ive just had a young lady come to view my house, whose house isnt even on the market yet:curse::curse:
but its going on the market on monday, and in the past it sold in 4 days, but fell through.
so, anyway she really liked the house and said she could see herself living there - hang on a minute love, you havent offered me anything yet

of god I have to laugh, they joy of selling property

hows everone else getting on
bec
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:45 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Lorna
good luck lorna. let us know how you get on
bec
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for everyone this weekend - its a beautiful day out there so hopefully that will get them out viewing.

We had a viewer earlier who has sold their own property (according to EA) but not heard feedback from the agents yet.
I spent all morning cleaning and the house looked pretty good but I'm not even sure anyone has actually been. I took dog out for long walk, as the agents liked to do the viewings themselves and getting back, just have a feeling that no one has even been in, unless they tip toed around and shut each door just as I left them.
Am I just being cynical here?

Anyway, must get out in that sunshine and mow the lawn, didn't want to do it for a few weeks yet, as we are still having frosty nights but its been growing like mad!

Fingers crossed for lots of offers this week

Sam
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Similar story then with those companies then Beth.

But it's good that your new EA is positive. ]

Hi Bec, that is good...sounds like she has fallen in love with your place.

Lorna, will be keeping things crossed for you.

Kapri, I hope they re-book, cancelling an hour before, grrrrrr :curse:

Sammy, have you called the EA to find out? Will be keeping everything crossed for you,

Am feeling better today Fly Away, the weather has been beautiful, went for a long walk earlier.

All the best everyone.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kapri
:curseoen't that drive you mad?? Happened to us loads of times, either that or they just don't show!!

Lorna
Fingers crossed for you!
Originally Posted by egghead4
well, ive just had a young lady come to view my house, whose house isnt even on the market yet:curse::curse:
but its going on the market on monday, and in the past it sold in 4 days, but fell through.
so, anyway she really liked the house and said she could see herself living there - hang on a minute love, you havent offered me anything yet

of god I have to laugh, they joy of selling property

hows everone else getting on
bec
We got so sick of people who's houses weren't on the market yet that we asked the EA to stop sending them. Bit risky but if they are serious, they will come back when their own is up for sale.

Well, we've had our survey and all was okay, no surprise there as it was our 3rd! Usually around this time that everything falls through. Really hoping it doesn't this time, can't take much more of this
Bloody useless EA hadn't even told solicitor yet that we have a new buyer (it's been two weeks now):curse:What exactly are we paying them for?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2

Well, we've had our survey and all was okay, no surprise there as it was our 3rd! Usually around this time that everything falls through. Really hoping it doesn't this time, can't take much more of this
Bloody useless EA hadn't even told solicitor yet that we have a new buyer (it's been two weeks now):curse:What exactly are we paying them for?
Third time I really hope it all goes through this time for you. Sendin some karma your way

Sam
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:33 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Third time I really hope it all goes through this time for you. Sendin some karma your way

Sam
We had the second viewing round this morning, four of them, and we just left them to mooch about on their own. They were there ages and we didn't know where to go or what to do with ourselves so just sort of hovered around the office downstairs until they came back. Very good vibes from them but who knows. We asked if they had sold their property and they said they had two but didn't need to sell them, they were for kids trusts!!!! He says he will negotiate details with the EA but that is not our EA so god knows what we will do if they want it. I definitely feel there is something not right about all this but we will see. Apparently they are going to talk to EA Monday morning so will see. Fingers crossed.

Nicky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.