Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
Hi Sam, hope you sell soon!!
Sooo Sorry Kapri, that sucks
Gonnago, think it is a ploy to drop the price :
OLD AT 41Could defo go off you
Hope you had a good time, about time you sold isn't it

Not got the house, yes they did exept the offer and then we found out it was on a flood plain back to more looking

House prices are dropping here due to the increase in interest rates, so although we lost a lot in the UK looks like we may gan here.

The exchange rate is awful, we have just worked out that if we sold the OZ$'s and bought £'s we could make 60K sterling , but not coming home for that

It is lovely here but may move on somewhere else, thinking of buying a campervan and having a look about, wish we hadn't shipped all our stuff now, but heyho we did and it should arrive this Friday

How is Tiggs doing anyone?

Hiya Somme, just turning of off PC and up you popped. Sorry the house was a non starter. I'm sure you can get a storage unit for your stuff in Oz and then drive off into the sunset

Haven't heard from Tiggs since last week. All seems to be going well. House purchase going through OK.

At least if you put your money in the bank you get more interest on it than in the UK while you wait for prices to drop.

Yes it is about bloomin time we sold - will you get the viewers to make an offer please. Going slowly mental here.....

Take care and have lots of fun.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:08 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by somme

It is lovely here but may move on somewhere else, thinking of buying a campervan and having a look about, wish we hadn't shipped all our stuff now, but heyho we did and it should arrive this Friday

How is Tiggs doing anyone?

hey somme,

Tiggs is doing OK, have bought a house and they have bought the date forward to the 3rd so we are not going to be homeless , she is currently driving up and down Adelaide's roads to drop me at work, then take the kids to school, she is then getting online for about an hour when she tries to catch up on emails/pm's, she is currently about 2 days behind

Container arrived Saturday (I hope), and I am driving to melbourne to fetch the dog next week.

give her a call, i am sure she would like to have a natter.

Graz
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:31 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Here i am!!!
cant keep up with this thread at all!! not to mention the emails and pms

hope everyone is ok have i missed any good news?

gonnago have your buyers sorted themselves out yet?
fly away - is it this week that you are trying to sell three houses?!
somme sorry the house didnt work out for you - at least you found out early - have you seen anything else?

As Graz said the vendors have agreed to move completion date forward so we dont need to find temp accommodation - all we need to do now is find out what has happened to the container with all of our furniture in it - we still havent heard if it has arrived or not!

Adele x
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Nothing much happening my end. Had a viewer arranged for yesterday 10am so got up early to do house and then they didnt show :curse: Phoned EA and they contacted them and said that she drove past early in the morning and didnt like it being on a busy road!!!!! She could of rang and cancelled was very annoyed but had a tidy clean house

Am thinking of dropping price again another 10k, so that would be 30k in total :curse: But this would take us under the 300k mark so hoping we will get more interest as stamp duty will be alot less. Will speak to EA later.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Nothing much happening my end. Had a viewer arranged for yesterday 10am so got up early to do house and then they didnt show Phoned EA and they contacted them and said that she drove past early in the morning and didnt like it being on a busy road!!!!! She could of rang and cancelled was very annoyed but had a tidy clean house

Am thinking of dropping price again another 10k, so that would be 30k in total :curse: But this would take us under the 300k mark so hoping we will get more interest as stamp duty will be alot less. Will speak to EA later.
What rude, inconsiderate people.:curse::curse: I hope the same happens to them in the near future. Sending Ks if I can for better luck soon.

We are thinking of dropping our price under the next £100K threshold too. So I can completely understand your thinking. Our EA told us not to last time we mentioned it, as he thought the market was starting to move and it wasn't a price issue. BUT he doesn't want to emigrate does he???? I think the stamp duty is quite a biggy. It is a psychological hurdle and houses have to be quite a way above the threshold, otherwise people will always try to barter down to the lower band.

I am really thinking aloud, but I wonder if it is worth trying an offers over approach. You know - really an auction. I have no idea if this is a viable idea.

Hiya Tiggs and Graz - glad that you have managed to sort your homelessness problem out! Hope you container is on dry land and will arrive soon. At least you will be able to give the new house a good clean without your stuff in it.

Good luck to everyone this week.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Glad to know I'm not the only who irons the duvet whilst it is still on the bed, folds towels just so and generally goes around the house like a looney
Haven't quite got to the point of folding back the toilet paper but give me time.
I've even been buying lots of fruit to make the fruit bowl look good and then telling of my poor hubby when he dares to eat it

Can't believe the rudeness of some viewers from reading on here, not turning up and not even bothering to cancel:curse: We haven't had that yet but I would be well cross if we do.

Haven't heard anything back from our viewers at the w/e so I guess they were not interested, apparently they were seeing several others.

Sam
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well have decided this is definitely what we are doing. Will wait for OH to come home from work then give them a call. I do think the stamp duty puts people off so will give it a go.

Fly away that sounds good about the offers above....... anything is worth a go isnt it. We fly 6 weeks on Thursday so getting v nervous now about house
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Morning all

Glad to know I'm not the only who irons the duvet whilst it is still on the bed, folds towels just so and generally goes around the house like a looney
Haven't quite got to the point of folding back the toilet paper but give me time.
I've even been buying lots of fruit to make the fruit bowl look good and then telling of my poor hubby when he dares to eat it

Can't believe the rudeness of some viewers from reading on here, not turning up and not even bothering to cancel:curse: We haven't had that yet but I would be well cross if we do.

Haven't heard anything back from our viewers at the w/e so I guess they were not interested, apparently they were seeing several others.

Sam
Hi Sam,

I have special throws for the beds when we have viewers. Means I don't have to iron the duvets.... ()

I put all the stuff on the kitchen work tops in cupboards to make the kitchen look bigger and all the toiletries away in the bathroom aprt from some really expensive ones. Totally bonkers.

Well have decided this is definitely what we are doing. Will wait for OH to come home from work then give them a call. I do think the stamp duty puts people off so will give it a go.

Fly away that sounds good about the offers above....... anything is worth a go isnt it. We fly 6 weeks on Thursday so getting v nervous now about house
Good luck with the drop. Hope offers over works - let me know if it does because I will try it!! 6 weeks - gulp! Hopefully with an early Easter, you will hit peak buying period soon and have exchanged before you go.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you get a good sound buyer very very soon

Sam
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

"Hi Sam,

I have special throws for the beds when we have viewers. Means I don't have to iron the duvets.... ()

I put all the stuff on the kitchen work tops in cupboards to make the kitchen look bigger and all the toiletries away in the bathroom aprt from some really expensive ones. Totally bonkers."

Yep, I put all the toothpaste, brushes etc away so no one can find anything!
There's the "show toiletries" that are on display but no one is allowed to use them. Bit like the fruit that no on is allowed to eat until not good enough to display anymore

Even worse, its like this all the time, not just when we have a viewer as last week someone wanted to come with 10 minutes notice and I just can't do it all in that time So now I want to keep it as near perfect as I can all the time!(Bloody bugger then said he didn't have time to come after all:curse

Sam
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sammy T
"Hi Sam,

I put all the stuff on the kitchen work tops in cupboards to make the kitchen look bigger and all the toiletries away in the bathroom aprt from some really expensive ones. Totally bonkers."

Yep, I put all the toothpaste, brushes etc away so no one can find anything!
There's the "show toiletries" that are on display but no one is allowed to use them. Bit like the fruit that no on is allowed to eat until not good enough to display anymore

Even worse, its like this all the time, not just when we have a viewer as last week someone wanted to come with 10 minutes notice and I just can't do it all in that time So now I want to keep it as near perfect as I can all the time!(Bloody bugger then said he didn't have time to come after all:curse

Sam
It's a nightmare isn't it? We make our homes look like show homes, which makes them unliveable. We have lost so many things because I chuck stuff into cupboards at random when we have short notice viewings. Paperwork is the worst because we run a business from home, we are knee deep in it. It is all under our beds in archive boxes - luckily the throws mean you can't see it. My husband does his nut in the mornings as he often late for work because he can't find his toiletries.

Bloomin viewer who wouldn't wait a few hours to view. He would have been a crap buyer anyway. Our buyer who dropped out was like that. She would call at 8pm to say she was coming at 12 the next day as she was in the area, (they lived 100 miles away). Then she flamin dropped out after all that palaver.

Last edited by Fly Away; Feb 10th 2008 at 11:00 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Well just had feed back from saturdays viewer - They said they loved the house it ticked all there boxes even more as they did not realise the extra big storage room, they have a cash buyer for there's and are just confirming the price with them and they will then be in touch with us
Also got a first time buyer coming round on Wed pm
hopefully it might start a bidding war ha ha
Hope everyone else gets some more viewings this week, glad we knocked money off the price seems to have worked- lets just hope for no silly offers.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:32 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Well just had feed back from saturdays viewer - They said they loved the house it ticked all there boxes even more as they did not realise the extra big storage room, they have a cash buyer for there's and are just confirming the price with them and they will then be in touch with us
Also got a first time buyer coming round on Wed pm
hopefully it might start a bidding war ha ha
Hope everyone else gets some more viewings this week, glad we knocked money off the price seems to have worked- lets just hope for no silly offers.
Sounds really great - seems the sunshine did bring the serious folks out after all
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

We have just heard back from EA saturdays viewer wants a 2nd viewing on wed nite so fingers crossed he isnt selling his and wants something to buy quick so here's hoping. This is so so stressful got to validate by 4th july.
hope everbody else has some good news soon

Lorna
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:40 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice weather and falling interest rates- should make buyers feel confident!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.