Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Kapri
Our house sale has fallen through today

The bank won't let our "buyers" have enough money

Back to square one
Oh no. So sorry K. Such a disappointment.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
BUGGER!!!

Why did they go looking b4 having all that sorted:curse::curse::curse:
I thought that too. Unless it is a ploy to get you to drop the price.

Originally Posted by Kapri
That's what I said

We've had a week of wrangling over the price then on Saturday we accepted an offer. Today we get the news that they can't go through with it as the bank won't let them remortgage their existing property.
Bloody time wasters :curse:
At least they didn't string you along for months. Not much of a consolation, I know, but at least you know and can move on quickly. Fingers crossed you find another buyer soon.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
See you are in dorset, where abouts, my mother in law lives near Blandford in a tiny village (still cant get over they don't have street lights there).
LOL - we don't have street lights or a pavement and yet we still live in a city.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Oh no Kapri - that sucks.

as for my sale - I have officially lost the will to live....the buyers have been in touch with our solicitor about the kerb, basically they want it done.....I have the paperwork here from the highway agency - it will be 8 weeks before they can give the go ahead and give us a quote so realistically about 3 months before the work can be done....I have emailed our buyer and said it will be £1200-£1500 we will offer £1500 as cashback on completion and submit the paperwoek but not waiting all that time.

If they refuse this offer we will withdraw and put our house back on market without driveway:curse: I am not waiting another 3 months for this buyer!

Im so cross.
Oh Hayles, no. This is getting silly now. Fingers crossed they accept the offer. It would be silly of them not to. Hope you don't have to put it back on the market, but if you do, it does seem to be moving a bit now.

Just try not to think about it too much, it will just stress you out.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:51 am
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL - we don't have street lights or a pavement and yet we still live in a city.

Oh Hayles, no. This is getting silly now. Fingers crossed they accept the offer. It would be silly of them not to. Hope you don't have to put it back on the market, but if you do, it does seem to be moving a bit now.

Just try not to think about it too much, it will just stress you out.
Hi everyone,

We have got a viewer tomorrow at 6pm! Yippee, first one since November. Lets hope they put in an offer as we reduced the house yesterday. We have had our visa 11 months and validated last September.

Anne xxx
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
Hi everyone,

We have got a viewer tomorrow at 6pm! Yippee, first one since November. Lets hope they put in an offer as we reduced the house yesterday. We have had our visa 11 months and validated last September.

Anne xxx
Good luck Anne!!

Fingers crossed for you. You deserve some good luck.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:00 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck Anne!!

Fingers crossed for you. You deserve some good luck.
FA...are you surgically attached to the computer??!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

good luck tomorrow Anne
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sarab40
FA...are you surgically attached to the computer??!!!
I seem to be!!

I've been working on line all day with the BE window open... Imagine, I talk like this in real life too...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

PMSL so do I Fly - I cant wait to meet you in real life - I have a feeling you are just like you come across online, I on the other hand am actually quite different, not quite so gobby and confident....that all changes after a glass or two of vino though
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMSL so do I Fly - I cant wait to meet you in real life - I have a feeling you are just like you come across online, I on the other hand am actually quite different, not quite so gobby and confident....that all changes after a glass or two of vino though
Oh God, how do I come accross???

Can't wait to meet you either. I think you sound like I was when I was young, (theatrical sob). I used to be shy, but I gave that up as pointless when I started bossying builders about for a living. God help Adelaide when we find the wine supply....
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hehe I am a young Flyaway - I like that. One of my best friends, she is old (41) and she says that I am living out all of her dreams. gosh I have alot of responsibilty on my shoulders

I cant wait for the date when we all get together for a piss up and laugh about BOBS, james bond and tattooing dan the plumber,
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:47 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Oh God, how do I come accross???

Can't wait to meet you either. I think you sound like I was when I was young, (theatrical sob). I used to be shy, but I gave that up as pointless when I started bossying builders about for a living. God help Adelaide when we find the wine supply....
We have a viewing tomorrow also at 3pm, so keep fingers crossed for us too please.
On our last house that we sold the buyers kept asking for unrealistic things to be done. One was to build a fish pond in the back garden and another was to knock a hole in the back house wall to take a cat flap. Hubby did the cat flap but said no way to the fish pond, bloody cheek!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
We have a viewing tomorrow also at 3pm, so keep fingers crossed for us too please.
On our last house that we sold the buyers kept asking for unrealistic things to be done. One was to build a fish pond in the back garden and another was to knock a hole in the back house wall to take a cat flap. Hubby did the cat flap but said no way to the fish pond, bloody cheek!!!
Fingers crossed and Ks sent!

OMG they wanted you to dig their fish pond?? I think you were above and beyond the call of duty to fit a cat flap!! Hope the cat ate all the fish.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hehe I am a young Flyaway - I like that. One of my best friends, she is old (41) and she says that I am living out all of her dreams. gosh I have alot of responsibilty on my shoulders

I cant wait for the date when we all get together for a piss up and laugh about BOBS, james bond and tattooing dan the plumber,
41 old - you could go off people you know.

We're going to have a ball in Adelaide - poor Tiggs is trembling in her boots you know.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:05 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

41 old - you could go off people you know.

We're going to have a ball in Adelaide - poor Tiggs is trembling in her boots you know.
41 is so old!!! I wish I was there again.
That was just two of the things she wanted, she also wanted the whole of the front of the house re-pointed and a brick wall built between the two houses made about two foot taller. Hubby is a builder and I think she was just trying it on. He just said p**s off in the end, would rather not sell it to them.
Going to be cleaning again all morning!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
41 is so old!!! I wish I was there again.
That was just two of the things she wanted, she also wanted the whole of the front of the house re-pointed and a brick wall built between the two houses made about two foot taller. Hubby is a builder and I think she was just trying it on. He just said p**s off in the end, would rather not sell it to them.
Going to be cleaning again all morning!
I know, I wish I was 41 again too...

The only thing I could understand is the pointing if it came up on the survey as a problem. Everything else is personal taste / choice.

I hate the cleaning. I resent the time I spend on it when I have much better things to be doing. Tomorrow I am cleaning too - we have another property we are getting ready to sell and I'm cleaning it ready for the agent's photos. I know, I am a nutter selling more than one property....

Good luck tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.