Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 22nd 2008, 1:09 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Good afternoon fellow whingers,
not been on much this week, doing a spot of DIY, trying to re decorate 16 yr old daughters lilac and purple bubbles bedroom back to a more magnolia colour, have also stripped the banisters and rails of all paint and varnished them, been painting lounge ceiling , oh and trying to keep house in a clean state incase we get a viewing , not bloody likely though with our present EA havent had nothing from them in 5 weeks, our new EA takes over nxt thursday so here's to hoping from a few viewers with this one at least , and you never know maybe and offer

anyway will catch up later you lot and keep those chins up and positive thinking !!!

michell
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:57 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OMG!!! I have another offer on the house.............

I also have a massive dilemma....................

The new offer is from a couple who have sold to their neighbour. They want to complete in July. BUT the offer is £40k under the figure which is on the table from the private sale. The private sale isn't definate. It is dependant on the guy's finances and we won't know until next week. It is however, chain free. What the hell do I do????

I have told the EA we will get back to them tomorrow - which gives us time to think. Haven't even told the OH - came straight on here.
Good news on the offer, Fly.

Just tell the EA that you need to think about it and see what the private guy comes back with.

It really depends on how secure the offers are. IMO I would go for the most secure.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Reading fan
I just wanted to say good luck to all the posters on this forum - I have followed all your house selling woes and I think if there was ever a bunch of people who deserve to sell it's you lot. I'm not being soppy or anything but some threads (don't shout at me) are truly depressing about Oz. You will all make it and have a fantastic life in your new homeland.
Aaah. That's really lovely. Thanks.

Whereabouts in Reading are you? We are in Earley.

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Can't keep up with you all..... sitting here in my kitchen with the removal men all around me

Fly - fantastic news on the house honey - a good type of dilemma, I'm sure you'll agree

Beth - eeek!!! Thank you for everything, so grateful to you for the support - feel 100% back to normal now

Everyone else.... what are you playing about at??? Get them houses sold - drag people in off the streets, sell raffle tickets, anything to get that elusive offer - have you thought about including your partners/kids/in-laws in with the sale as a live-in serf? That's if they're any good about the house, of course

The Divine Mr. Lombard has been breathing down my neck this morning too, something about non-migrating family......eeek!!!
Bit chaotic there then?

Wish I was moving soon.

Originally Posted by Sammy T
:curse:
AHHHHHHHHH

GRRRRRRRRRR

B********DS
What's up, mate? That's just how I feel at the moment.

I spoke to my EA to let them know that the viewer was a no show. They phoned me back a little while later to let me know. First of all he said that his wife had phoned him just as he left the house previous to ours, who's heavily pregnant. She thought something was happening but it turned out to be a false alarm. So when the EA asked him if he wanted to re-book he said no, we've decided we want a detached rather than a semi.:curse:

Oh well. That's that then. It's just really bad manners. If we didn't want to look he should have told the EA who was showing him around the other house that he wasn't going to bother with our one.
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:16 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by michell
not been on much this week, doing a spot of DIY, trying to re decorate 16 yr old daughters lilac and purple bubbles bedroom back to a more magnolia colour, have also stripped the banisters and rails of all paint and varnished them, been painting lounge ceiling , oh and trying to keep house in a clean state incase we get a viewing , not bloody likely though with our present EA havent had nothing from them in 5 weeks, our new EA takes over nxt thursday so here's to hoping from a few viewers with this one at least , and you never know maybe and offer

anyway will catch up later you lot and keep those chins up and positive thinking !!!

michell
Hi Michell - My, you have been busy, aren't you good
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:19 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
:curse:
AHHHHHHHHH

GRRRRRRRRRR

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

B********DS
SAM!!!!

What's happened hun?!!!!! You OK?!!!

Beth x x
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again all,

Been out this afternoon. Trying to catch up again.

Originally Posted by betsyboob
FLYAWAY
Great news on the offers: I would say go with whoever can complete the quickest, there's alot of this dragging it on and then saying they want to drop the price. If the private sale isn't def then go with the other.

Thanks Betsy. The private sale might be able to complete fster - I don't know.... too many variables...

Had a really sh*t couple of days. Feel like the EA is really wasting our time, sending time waster round...i have 2 litle 'uns and could really do without it, i was nearly in tears when i called them yesterday, it's all just getting too much........
Had a view yesterday, haven't heard anything....which i guess means it's a no.
EA came back with an offer vyesterday of 180k from the people that originally put an offer of 195k in, i don't know if they are bluffing because the EA have called all interested viewers and told them that we are really desperate and will negotiate if they get a low offer on theirs.
Don't mind negotiating but the thing is these people bought last year and the offer is for less...duh? 15k less and they want us to foot the bill:
That's not right is it!?
Sorry you are having such a tough time. I feel the same. the EA only ever gives me about 12 hours notice max and it's exhausting when you have kids - and we're trying to clear our business storage unit and sort it too.

I would ask these people how much lower the offer on their house is, than when they offered before. If it is 15K lower, that's not fair, you are subsidising them. If it is £30k lower, then they are being fair. Does that make sense?

Fingers crossed and sending Ks for you that you can do a deal.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Just had a drive by and had to duck down out of sight as I was sat in the office at the front of the house Woman in an open top car with flashy shades on and looking like a WAG! She sat there for ages and then started writing something. No phone call from EA yet though.

Just been told we are going to be Home of the Week next Friday, woopee!!
Hope it brings some buyers out.
That sounds good Nicky - I hope she books to view. Hope the ad works for you. Our house was supposed to be in a glossy mag this month but I haven't had a copy - I hope the EA put in after all their hype.:curse:

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Just trying to catch up with you lot, don't you have anything better to do

Fly - great news on the second offer how great is that. I would go with who ever on paper looks like the least hassle rather than the cash, but then and again I don;t have an offer so only you can decide, good luck, will be thinking about you.

Thanks hun - trouble is, we need the extra £40K as we have reduced the house so much that the other offer is below what we paid for it 3 years ago and we have done £50ks worth of work....

Beth, 19 weeks, you had better get your finger out and get here:: only joking, but that isn't long. Have you decided what to do yet, or have i missed that.

Reading Fan - thanks for your kind words, good luck with your move back.

Sammy, take deep breaths and I wouldn't normally suggest drinking during the day, but something strong might help :

Jenni - hope the packing is going well

Our news, is no news, EA not spoken to last lot of viewers who my dad was confident would buy (need to stop listening to him), anyhow after speaking to dad again last night, it seems they noticed the house while walking the dog, probably noticed it was empty and fancied a nosey - GREAT

Right, am off for a glass of cheap ozzie plonk, which I need as we are negotiating compensation with Crown already and our stuff hasn't even arrived yet.

Will catch up again soon, Take Care everyone.

Tracy

Fingers crossed for the viewers - sometimes the most unlikely ones buy... Enjoy that wine. Can't wait to be there and drinking it myself!

Take a
Originally Posted by steveandtina

GREAT NEWS ON THE OFFER

Bummer you are between a rock and a hard place

Why can't things just be simple??

Oh well good luck everyone and keep the chin up?
Thanks - don't know why it can't be simple... someone views, likes house, is in position to proceed and puts in sensible offer...

Originally Posted by Icarus
gawddddd i need to get up to speed here .

Well done Fly , :
Thanks S - just have to hope all this will lead to something.

Everyone seems a bit fed up today who would like some karma?????

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Still catching up.............

Originally Posted by suart
Congratulations FA, hope they can up their offer for you

I hope so!!

My mind has gone blank ha ha

What's new! LOL.

No news from me still not getting any viewings, so as we are not going anywhere yet I have decided to try and get a job to make some more money for when we do get out there
Good idea - hope you can find something. We are doing the same, trying to maximise our income as the equity is decreasing daily....

Am fed up, but just finished first bottle of wine, I have my own karma, thanks :
A whole bottle - I'm impressed that you can still type!

We can set up our own job hunters thread as I will be looking for a job as soon as our stuff eventually arrives.

Tracy
Good idea!!

Originally Posted by michell
not been on much this week, doing a spot of DIY, trying to re decorate 16 yr old daughters lilac and purple bubbles bedroom back to a more magnolia colour, have also stripped the banisters and rails of all paint and varnished them, been painting lounge ceiling , oh and trying to keep house in a clean state incase we get a viewing , not bloody likely though with our present EA havent had nothing from them in 5 weeks, our new EA takes over nxt thursday so here's to hoping from a few viewers with this one at least , and you never know maybe and offer::

michell
Hi Michell - you've done loads! I'm sure it will pay off when you next have a viewing.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Good news on the offer, Fly.

Just tell the EA that you need to think about it and see what the private guy comes back with.

Thanks Janine. It's not really what he comes back with - just that he can go ahead... he won't be getting a mortgage but financing from his business. So could be much quicker...

It really depends on how secure the offers are. IMO I would go for the most secure.

Good luck.

I will make the EA find out more from the other offerers - but not yet - use it as a delaying tactic.

Wish I was moving soon

You will soon!!!

What's up, mate? That's just how I feel at the moment.

I spoke to my EA to let them know that the viewer was a no show. They phoned me back a little while later to let me know. First of all he said that his wife had phoned him just as he left the house previous to ours, who's heavily pregnant. She thought something was happening but it turned out to be a false alarm. So when the EA asked him if he wanted to re-book he said no, we've decided we want a detached rather than a semi.

Oh well. That's that then. It's just really bad manners. If we didn't want to look he should have told the EA who was showing him around the other house that he wasn't going to bother with our one.

That is bad manners.:curse: These people should be shot. At least they let you down now and not later in the process.

Fingers crossed that you get some more viewers soon.
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
SAM!!!!

What's happened hun?!!!!! You OK?!!!

Beth x x
I know - it's worrying, where are you Sam????
Old May 22nd 2008, 3:50 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Still catching up.............

Good idea - hope you can find something. We are doing the same, trying to maximise our income as the equity is decreasing daily....

A whole bottle - I'm impressed that you can still type!

Good idea!!

Hi Michell - you've done loads! I'm sure it will pay off when you next have a viewing.

That is bad manners.:curse: These people should be shot. At least they let you down now and not later in the process.

Fingers crossed that you get some more viewers soon.
Sounds like you've got quite a dilemma on your hands. At least it's going in the right direction for you.

Hope the delaying tactics pay off for you.

The EA said she was going to put a big yellow note on these guys file to say that they were unreliable. So that made me feel a bit better.

Thanks.
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:48 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Everyone seems a bit fed up today who would like some karma?????

ME PLEASE!!!!
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Sounds like you've got quite a dilemma on your hands. At least it's going in the right direction for you.

Hope the delaying tactics pay off for you.

The EA said she was going to put a big yellow note on these guys file to say that they were unreliable. So that made me feel a bit better.

Thanks.

Thanks Janine, I hope these tactics work out too...

PMSL at the unreliable sticker. Problem is, the EAs will suck up to them as they need buyers.:curse:

Originally Posted by betsyboob
ME PLEASE!!!!
PMSL. We are all KWs!!
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:56 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry you are having such a tough time. I feel the same. the EA only ever gives me about 12 hours notice max and it's exhausting when you have kids - and we're trying to clear our business storage unit and sort it too.

I would ask these people how much lower the offer on their house is, than when they offered before. If it is 15K lower, that's not fair, you are subsidising them. If it is £30k lower, then they are being fair. Does that make sense?

Fingers crossed and sending Ks for you that you can do a deal.

Thanks FA, it seems they want us to make up the shortfall...the EA has told them they need to take some responsibility.......
The thing is we have already reduced our price by 6%, and if we took an offer of 180k would be over 10%...no other property in this area is losing that much. Our property is already 10-15k less than the others on the street, and it's not a wreck it's pretty newly decorated etc. just we are getting desperate now Realistically we should get another 10k, and someone would still be getting themselves a good buy
I really don't know if we are doing the right thing. i wonder if we would be better pulling off and waiting 2yr...but what will the property situation be like in Oz by then?
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:02 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL. We are all KWs!!
All ?
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to those who didn't get karma I tried to give some to all of you but alas no its not working anymore

My 2nd viewers are due soon 'the stinkers'. They should have came yesterday but couldn't make it which is a bugger as I was cooking with loads of garlic to drown out their small

So just doing the last of the checks toys away, washing up done, all tidy, toilet flushed pegs on noses ready for them now
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:25 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to those who didn't get karma I tried to give some to all of you but alas no its not working anymore

My 2nd viewers are due soon 'the stinkers'. They should have came yesterday but couldn't make it which is a bugger as I was cooking with loads of garlic to drown out their small

So just doing the last of the checks toys away, washing up done, all tidy, toilet flushed pegs on noses ready for them now
Have the air freshener behind your back for when they go. Open all doors and windows too. Good luck with them, get a bidding war going
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickywes
Have the air freshener behind your back for when they go. Open all doors and windows too. Good luck with them, get a bidding war going
Window and doors open lots of plug-ins turned up

Love the doll idea for the Ex don't bother with the pins just cut its head off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.