Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 21st 2008, 10:20 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Sammy T
:curse:
AHHHHHHHHH

GRRRRRRRRRR

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

B********DS
Doesn't sound too good honey

Someone get the kettle on for Sammy
Old May 21st 2008, 10:29 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OMG!!! I have another offer on the house.............

I also have a massive dilemma....................

The new offer is from a couple who have sold to their neighbour. They want to complete in July. BUT the offer is £40k under the figure which is on the table from the private sale. The private sale isn't definate. It is dependant on the guy's finances and we won't know until next week. It is however, chain free. What the hell do I do????

I have told the EA we will get back to them tomorrow - which gives us time to think. Haven't even told the OH - came straight on here.
Oh wow N, I think I would go for it if they are in a good position. You can always pull out if the other buyer is cash and wants to go ahead at 40k more. I know it is not good ethics and all that but what the hell

Originally Posted by Reading fan
I just wanted to say good luck to all the posters on this forum - I have followed all your house selling woes and I think if there was ever a bunch of people who deserve to sell it's you lot. I'm not being soppy or anything but some threads (don't shout at me) are truly depressing about Oz. You will all make it and have a fantastic life in your new homeland.
What a lovely post, makes you feel so much better

AHHHHHHHHH

GRRRRRRRRRR

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

B********DS
What is up, doesn't sound good
Old May 21st 2008, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just found this site to value your home here

Put my house details in and it's current market value came back as £186,747

Beth x x
Well that was depressing. Said the current value was what we had it on for at Christmas. We have now reduced £95K and this offer is for £70k under that.
Old May 21st 2008, 10:34 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well that was depressing. Said the current value was what we had it on for at Christmas. We have now reduced £95K and this offer is for £70k under that.
I'm actually dreading getting an offer on my house as I bet it will be much lower than what I'm hoping for
Mind you......any offer would have to be seriously considered as my visa runs out in 19 weeks
Beth x x
Old May 21st 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

I'm actually dreading getting an offer on my house as I bet it will be much lower than what I'm hoping for
Mind you......any offer would have to be seriously considered as my visa runs out in 19 weeks
Beth x x
Oh no - what are you going to do??? How long a visa did you have. Ours is a 5 year one and we have 2 years left on it - does anyone know what happens once that time is up - would you have to apply again????

Poor you Beth. Do you know if the people that were previously after your house ended up buying another one - sorry if you have ansered this previously but I sometimes miss chunks!!!
Old May 21st 2008, 10:41 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Still having trouble with multi-quoting and smilies but think it is my computer.
Nic - Did you read my email?

Beth x x

Beth - I think I would give mine away at the moment. Are you going to validate now and then come back to sell if it doesn't sell beforehand?
I am still waiting for my St. Joe too.
Old May 21st 2008, 10:46 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johull
Oh no - what are you going to do??? How long a visa did you have. Ours is a 5 year one and we have 2 years left on it - does anyone know what happens once that time is up - would you have to apply again????

Poor you Beth. Do you know if the people that were previously after your house ended up buying another one - sorry if you have ansered this previously but I sometimes miss chunks!!!
TBH I don't know what happened to those buyers........wouldn't put it past my previous EA to have paid them to view my house and made the whole thing up :curse:

Originally Posted by nickywes
Still having trouble with multi-quoting and smilies but think it is my computer.

Beth - I think I would give mine away at the moment. Are you going to validate now and then come back to sell if it doesn't sell beforehand?
We really need to sell soon to be able to complete in time to emigrate before Oct (when visa expires if we haven't validated).
We are thinking of validating if things go belly up.......at least we'll have another 4 years to play with then, but it would mean we would have to rent in the UK once we've sold to get some £ behind us again
Beth x x
Old May 21st 2008, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again - sorry I disappeared, had the auctioneers collecting the last of the furniture I have stacked in my hall. I will try and catch up now!!

Hi

Yes, we are going back to the Gold Coast. We lived in Robina last time, this time I think we may move to Mudgereeba or Currumbin. Hubby wants to build this time, so Mudgereeba may be more likely.

Sounds lovely - no wonder you want out of the UK!

We have our viewers coming back for another look on Friday night. Dave said they sounded keen so fingers crossed !!!! I am trying not to get excited as they havent even put theirs on the market but keep thinking - what if they have loads of money - inheritance etc!!! Then think STOP IT!!!!! This is what happens when you have only 2 viewers in 7 months!!!!

I have everything crossed for you Jo - I know what it's like to wait and wait. It is frustrating that they haven't sold, but as a builder they might have some options - including letting their house out. Otherwise why would they keep coming to view the house?? Enjoy the excitement - we get precious little at the moment.

All my friends over there are getting giddy too so fingers crossed that they love it as much - just hope the sun shines, when it does its stunning, when its peeing it down and dark grey its quite bleak!!

I hope everyone settles in once they get there. I was desperate to get there in 2005. I think it hit me all of a sudden - thinks I thought I could deal with. Sometimes when you have been there a while it kind of hits you how far away from everyone you love. A friend I met there came back last January - they are off back to Gold Coast in August. They didnt have a house to sell as had rented once they got back so not stuck here!!!! She was the same as me, family especially. She had 2 grown up children here that she thought she was missing out on. Since she has been back she realises they have their own lives and she will prob spend more quality time with them in Oz. Said if either of us gets the same again we have to slap each other!!!!
LOL - I will have to remember what you say. JenniGee has promised to give me a slap if I get homesick. I'm sure that with the support you have out there, this time will be a lot easier.

Mmmmm, difficult one!

Can you go back to the guy with the private offer and explain the situation to him and see if he can give a definite yeah or ney?

My gut instinct would be to go with the simplest buyer, ie no chain, already sold etc

Sam
We are considering that BUT he is buying as partly a favour to us. If he know we have another offer, he may reduce his or think we don't need the favour... and pull out altogether. At the moment we have decided to stall. Late tomorrow we will ask for a higher offer and then be unavailable over bank holiday. That gives extra time to speak to the private buyer.... bugger, why is it so complicated?

I just wanted to say good luck to all the posters on this forum - I have followed all your house selling woes and I think if there was ever a bunch of people who deserve to sell it's you lot. I'm not being soppy or anything but some threads (don't shout at me) are truly depressing about Oz. You will all make it and have a fantastic life in your new homeland.
Thanks Reading fan. That's lovely to read. Are you in Oz or are you in the UK? I hope you don't have a house to sell!
Old May 21st 2008, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Crikey!!! Is the private sale the one who doesnt want to complete until October???I dont know - do you think you could squeeze a bit more out of the couple who want to complete in July?? How much under the sale price is their offer?? They must be awre they are getting a bargain!!! Would be tempted......
No, the private sale can complete whenever - finances permitting. he has even offered to let us rent the house back until we go to Aus. BUT it isn't definate....

The other couple are in a chain - don't know what their neighbours' position is. BUT they want to be in by August at the latest to get their son into the local (very good) school in September as he starts reception then. They love the house etc and it is a one off... they wouldn't get another one like it... so we have decided to try and get them to up their offer a bit. That will stall them for a few days anyway while the other guy sorts himself out.

Nothing my end.........I'm looking at the phone willing the EA to ring me with a viewing....LOL :
Still waiting for my St Joe to arrive.......I'll be unwrapping him to re-wrap and bury him!!!!
Beth x x
Beth, I'm willing the phone to ring for you too. It must soon hun. Sending ks if I can, to work some magic.

I'm waiting for my St Joe too. I really hope these buggers work!

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Can't keep up with you all..... sitting here in my kitchen with the removal men all around me

So not at all stressful then???

Fly - fantastic news on the house honey - a good type of dilemma, I'm sure you'll agree

Thanks G - yes, it's great to have some interest at last. Shame they don't want to pay a decent price for it though.

Beth - eeek!!! Thank you for everything, so grateful to you for the support - feel 100% back to normal now

That's good to hear. Hopefully your new house will cheer you up too.

Everyone else.... what are you playing about at??? Get them houses sold - drag people in off the streets, sell raffle tickets, anything to get that elusive offer - have you thought about including your partners/kids/in-laws in with the sale as a live-in serf? That's if they're any good about the house, of course :

PMSL - nobody would want my family, I'm the servant in this house and I'm not staying here!

The Divine Mr. Lombard has been breathing down my neck this morning too, something about non-migrating family......eeek!!!
:curse:
AHHHHHHHHH

GRRRRRRRRRR

B********DS
You OK Sam - sorry haven't read any further than this - will keep reading. Sending you a big ((((hug))))
Old May 21st 2008, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still catching up girls....

Oh wow N, I think I would go for it if they are in a good position. You can always pull out if the other buyer is cash and wants to go ahead at 40k more. I know it is not good ethics and all that but what the hell

I thought that too - but it's not nice. I've found that if you shaft people it does come back and haunt you. That's why I am delaying first - I'd rather say no and not lead them on if I don't have to.

What a lovely post, makes you feel so much better

It does doesn't it. Better than all those, sell your house for peanuts because the market is crashing posts from people in bedsits.

What is up, doesn't sound good(
Mind you......any offer would have to be seriously considered as my visa runs out in 19 weeks :
Beth x x ::
Yes, it's horrible, you feel like people are trying to rob you. This latest offer is for less than we paid for the house and we have spent £50K on it.

Fingers crossed you do get some offers soon though.

You have 2yrs to get back to Oz to live. You can stay there indfinately without getting citizenship, but if you don't get citizenship, you have to apply for a resident's return visa if you leave the country and want to come back in.

I haven't been on the PC I use for emails yet. (It's in the office and I'm on the lappy in the living room.) I'll go and check now Nicky.

Yes, where are they? At a St Joe convention??
Old May 21st 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

We are in UK pingponging back Jan 09 at the latest. Renting at the moment but feel your pain - took yr to sell.
Old May 21st 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

We are in UK pingponging back Jan 09 at the latest. Renting at the moment but feel your pain - took yr to sell.
Are you pingong back to Oz or is Oz pinging back to UK???
Old May 21st 2008, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

TBH I don't know what happened to those buyers........wouldn't put it past my previous EA to have paid them to view my house and made the whole thing up :

Barstewards! It's very strange that they didn't come back when you changed your mind. EAs are just desperate at the moment. Darlows has shut one of it's branches down the road I noticed and our EA has shut one of theirs. They need to keep clients and arrange sales at any price.:curse:

We really need to sell soon to be able to complete in time to emigrate before Oct (when visa expires if we haven't validated).
We are thinking of validating if things go belly up.......at least we'll have another 4 years to play with then, but it would mean we would have to rent in the UK once we've sold to get some £ behind us again :
Beth x x :
You could take the house off the market if you have to validate. I think in 2 years time the market will be stable and you would be able to sell relatively easily again. I know that it's gutting, to wait two years but it's an option.

Still trying to send you Ks Beth - I'm having to spread 'em at the moment.
Old May 21st 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Are you pingong back to Oz or is Oz pinging back to UK???
Yeah that was rubbish wasn't it ! In cloudy Uk heading for sunny OZ
Old May 21st 2008, 11:29 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

FLYAWAY
Great news on the offers I would say go with whoever can complete the quickest, there's alot of this dragging it on and then saying they want to drop the price. If the private sale isn't def then go with the other.

Had a really sh*t couple of days. Feel like the EA is really wasting our time, sending time waster round...i have 2 litle 'uns and could really do without it, i was nearly in tears when i called them yesterday, it's all just getting too much........
Had a view yesterday, haven't heard anything....which i guess means it's a no.
EA came back with an offer vyesterday of 180k from the people that originally put an offer of 195k in, i don't know if they are bluffing because the EA have called all interested viewers and told them that we are really desperate and will negotiate if they get a low offer on theirs.
Don't mind negotiating but the thing is these people bought last year and the offer is for less...duh? 15k less and they want us to foot the bill:curse:
That's not right is it!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.