Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 8th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by michell
Thought i would come and have my Whing for the day,

Week 1 on market=no viewers/no contact from EA
Week 2 on market=no viewers/no contact from EA
Week 3 on market=no viewers/no contact from EA
starting week 4 nothing

still had nothing from EA no phone calls nothing, i had to call them last week as i thought they forgot they had us on their books, cant wait for sole agency to finish so we can get an EA that seems a bit more interested and keeps us informed, good or bad.

wanted to ask you guys what should i ask the new prospective EA, and should i go for a very large EA or a average size EA, we are with a small one at the mo and that obviously doesnt work.

Michell
We had two estate agents and went for joint sole agency with both so whoever sold it got the goodies - healthy competition we chose a local independant and another in the opposite direction who were slightly bigger they have both worked very hard as we have had 48 viewings since January and finally we have an offer. I didn't like the bigger ones as they are impersonal. Just my opinion.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:09 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisey
Hi guys
Well after 36 viewings with one EA and over 12 with the other we finally got an offer today. Offered £292000 but we refused and accepted £296000 they have had to pull out on another house as survey horrendous they have a mortgage offer and their buyer is well into the process. We have been told we could exchange by mid June. I am soooo exhausted and yes it isn't what we wanted but pretty near and in this market we decided to grab it and run. We have to validate by Oct 13th so it was getting close. So fellow whingers just wanted to share it with you guys as this thread has kept me sane even though I don't always post I always catch up with you.
Maisey Going to drink large jug of pimms now!!!
Great news & spot-on attitude in my opinion maisey

Fingers crossed that it all goes well for you
Old May 8th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Congrats Maisey - in this market any real offer is a good one!!
Old May 8th 2008, 9:38 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

We had two estate agents and went for joint sole agency with both so whoever sold it got the goodies - healthy competition we chose a local independant and another in the opposite direction who were slightly bigger they have both worked very hard as we have had 48 viewings since January and finally we have an offer. I didn't like the bigger ones as they are impersonal. Just my opinion.

Thanks for that Maisey, do all EA do the joint sole agency, or do you have to ask for this, We have never sold a property before through a EA, our flat we had 16yrs ago was bought by friends of ours , so we didnt have any of this, when we signed up with the EA we are currently with we asked if they were sole agents and they said yes, could i have pushed to not have this, i think in the next week or so i will call a few EA up and have them come over and give me their shpeel and hope i make a better desicion than i did with this 1, i think the mistake we made was the EA knew we had never sold a property before and gave us all the B**l***t that we wanted to hear, i am trying to do a bit more research this time around so i dont make this mistake, thats why any information no matter how small will help, so when i have a few EA round i can sound more clued up than what i did with our present EA aand hopefully not be taken for a fool again.

By the way CONGRATULATIONS on the offer on your property.

onwards and upwards from here on in

michell
Old May 8th 2008, 9:42 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys
Well after 36 viewings with one EA and over 12 with the other we finally got an offer today. Offered £292000 but we refused and accepted £296000 they have had to pull out on another house as survey horrendous they have a mortgage offer and their buyer is well into the process. We have been told we could exchange by mid June. I am soooo exhausted and yes it isn't what we wanted but pretty near and in this market we decided to grab it and run. We have to validate by Oct 13th so it was getting close. So fellow whingers just wanted to share it with you guys as this thread has kept me sane even though I don't always post I always catch up with you.
That's brilliant news, Maisey. It keeps the rest of us going me thinks.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Congratulations Maisey

Fingers firmly crossed for you viewers today Fly - I know the decider always comes down to me so lets hope so eh?

I have booked our flights - 28th June we are doing two weeks in Ireland first and with half term in the way it means my girls have 2 more weeks at school......now that is scary!!
28 June, WOW. Any room in your suitcase for me.

Are you heading to Adelaide like everyone else?
Old May 9th 2008, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

We are doing the bloody hokey cokey... the offer is in out in out shake it all about...

Low offer, no improvement, complained about parking, we said we would condsider it over night, by this morning they have offered on another property through another agent...

bloody pommie bastards is all I can say!

What the uk needs is an offer with deposit so they can't do this..

Talk about stress...
Old May 9th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's a good one.

This is me hitting the EA!

http://bestsmileys.com/hitting/2.gif

Thanks Nicky.. he said his wife was looking after their 2 kids (2 and 4) Goodness knows. Hopefully she loves it and has just sent him to rubber stamp it. Shame the other couple will be ducking out for a while as I was hoping to have a bit of competion. sigh. Still have option 3 and 4 in reserve.
Good Luck fly away have spoke to EA every week since we been here 6 wks now and still no viewings. They say the market still slow. We have told them to change wording and to say all offers considered and then we will leave it a month or 2 and then we will say all offers over £????? will be considered.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Oh and all going well here Gold Coast is def the place to be. Even the Australians are migrating here!!!!! Melbourne is far too cold and weather can be all 4 seasons in one day

House prices here are going up fast, and land is hard to come by. just wish our bloody house would sell so we could get our foot in the door.

Good luck with everyone selling
Old May 9th 2008, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Hi guys
brilliant news!!!!!!! good luck with the whole process ... may it be smoothe

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Mozzy - just have to hope and wait..

How's it going with you?
you know we all wait with you!!!!

weeeeell, apparently 'the' letter has been send out by the home office to prove the buyers are legit and permanent and now we just need to wait (again) for the bank to 'accept' it and get their bums in gear to approve the mortgage .... i've heard it's abbey
Old May 9th 2008, 7:17 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys
That is fantastic news, you deserve it after all those viewings

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Congratulations Maisey

Fingers firmly crossed for you viewers today Fly - I know the decider always comes down to me so lets hope so eh?

I have booked our flights - 28th June we are doing two weeks in Ireland first and with half term in the way it means my girls have 2 more weeks at school......now that is scary!!
Fantastic Hayles, I am so happy for you All of a sudden it is round the corner to your new life.

starting week 4 nothing

still had nothing from EA no phone calls nothing, i had to call them last week as i thought they forgot they had us on their books, cant wait for sole agency to finish so we can get an EA that seems a bit more interested and keeps us informed, good or bad.

wanted to ask you guys what should i ask the new prospective EA, and should i go for a very large EA or a average size EA, we are with a small one at the mo and that obviously doesnt work.

Michell
My god Michell, those EA's are crap.:curse: Are you allowed to go multi agency once you have signed up with one agent? I was thinking of doing this and putting it on with other agents in different areas. Somebody might know the answer to this and I would be interested too.

Originally Posted by spaceys
Oh and all going well here Gold Coast is def the place to be. Even the Australians are migrating here!!!!! Melbourne is far too cold and weather can be all 4 seasons in one day

House prices here are going up fast, and land is hard to come by. just wish our bloody house would sell so we could get our foot in the door.

We are going there so it is great to hear you are loving it. I thought the house prices were going down in Oz too. May be worth waiting a bit anyway to see if they do.

Originally Posted by mOZzy
brilliant news!!!!!!! good luck with the whole process ... may it be smoothe

you know we all wait with you!!!!

weeeeell, apparently 'the' letter has been send out by the home office to prove the buyers are legit and permanent and now we just need to wait (again) for the bank to 'accept' it and get their bums in gear to approve the mortgage .... i've heard it's abbey
I hope it is fairly quick now for you, what a palava (sp?) Is Abbey not good?
Old May 9th 2008, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed that this mood is catching FA and that your viewers put in an offer today. Didn't think this couple was going to and was so fed up with whole thing that it knocked me for six when we did get an offer.My feet are firmly on the ground though.
It just goes to show that sometimes quick is good::

Gonnago whereabouts in the Emerald Isle are you going? My ma and Pa come from Eire so had many many holidays there.
Thanks Maisey, it has been a good week on the WPHS. Let's hope it continues. I'm not sure about these people... so let's hope I'm wrong. We do have a back up plan or 2 if they don't come through.

starting week 4 nothing

Michell
Bloomin EAs.:curse:

Check your contract to see how long it is. You may only have a couple of weeks left - or can give them 2 weeks notice. Also check if it is sole agency. If it isn't sole agency, you can get another one. if it isn't then you have to leave OR say the contract is nearly over / you are giving notice, but you will keep them on if they will go multi agency.

I don't really know what sort of agency is best... try and get one with the best advertising - Rightmove, primelocation, newspapers etc. The more ads the better really. Sometimes you find proactive agents like Taylors who cahse people - but they can put buyers off too if they are too pushey.

Originally Posted by eddie007
We are doing the bloody hokey cokey... the offer is in out in out shake it all about...

Low offer, no improvement, complained about parking, we said we would condsider it over night, by this morning they have offered on another property through another agent...

bloody pommie bastards is all I can say!

What the uk needs is an offer with deposit so they can't do this..

Talk about stress...:
Yup, it's a pile of poo alright. Hope it improves soon for you.

Good Luck fly away : have spoke to EA every week since we been here 6 wks now: and still no viewings. They say the market still slow. We have told them to change wording and to say all offers considered and then we will leave it a month or 2 and then we will say all offers over £????? will be considered.
Thanks Spaceys. Bummer that you have heard nothing. We are on offers over - but our only offer was UNDER the figure.:curse: Cheeky buggers - we'd just cut £100k off the price too!

The market seems a little better - another rate cut promised next month - Gordon Brown trying to save his reputation and the next election, so he might do something radical...

Oh and all going well here Gold Coast is def the place to be. Even the Australians are migrating here!!!!! Melbourne is far too cold and weather can be all 4 seasons in one day:

Sounds lovely - hope you can sell soon and buy. Must be SO frustrating.

Originally Posted by mOZzy
you know we all wait with you!!!!:

Thanks Mozzy - you will all be sick of me soon... been going on far too long.

That sounds good. Shame it's scabby Abbey - but things are getting a bit faster. So long as you know there could be banking delays, it's not too bad - you don't worry so much. At least the guy is getting his paperwork done as fast as he can.

Originally Posted by nickywes

My god Michell, those EA's are crap. Are you allowed to go multi agency once you have signed up with one agent? I was thinking of doing this and putting it on with other agents in different areas. Somebody might know the answer to this and I would be interested too.

See above.

We are going there so it is great to hear you are loving it. I thought the house prices were going down in Oz too. May be worth waiting a bit anyway to see if they do.

Prices are coming down on the Sunny Coast, Perth and Melbourne at the mo. This trend might spread to other places... We're off to Adelaide and prices have gone up 30% since this house went on the market.
I hope it is fairly quick now for you, what a palava (sp?) Is Abbey not good?
Morning all,

Have a bitty day to day. The new tenant is moving into the rental tomorrow, so have to go and check everything is OK and shift some stuff.

All the washing to do and shopping to get and paperwork to do... things I couldn't do yesterday because of the viewing.

It's pouring down though. So lots of fun walking around in the rain.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw this on the August thread. Good news for us really....

http://www.realestate.com.au/doc/rev...tm?from=review
Old May 9th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

everybit of good news helps eh?

Cant believe you have rain - its another scorcher here. Not sure why im sitting indoors on laptop I should be out there trying to get rid of my tan lines.
Old May 9th 2008, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Have spoken to parents about .... the 'offer' we accepted that has been withdrawn as they have 'offered' elsewhere...

They came through the house 3 times before making the offer and even measured up ...

They live nearby and have lived there for years... they don't have offroad parking either.... in fact they don't even qualify for a permit... we do!

I hope their survey on the other house costs them an arm and a leg and shows that it is falling down... :curse:
Old May 9th 2008, 11:23 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007
Have spoken to parents about .... the 'offer' we accepted that has been withdrawn as they have 'offered' elsewhere...

They came through the house 3 times before making the offer and even measured up ...

They live nearby and have lived there for years... they don't have offroad parking either.... in fact they don't even qualify for a permit... we do!

I hope their survey on the other house costs them an arm and a leg and shows that it is falling down... :curse:
Lets hope they regret their decision You could do with some luck now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.