Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 9th 2008, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
I am too knackered to even lift a glass tonight

All quiet here. Took DD1 to Stanstead again to go see boyfriend in Germany, she goes every other weekend and DS walks in from work, has shower, leaves everything on the floor, clothes towels etc. and walks back out of the door after stuffing the whole fridge.

Am quite relaxed but have a whole day at netball tomorrow and have not sorted anything out for it yet, so that is my job now in between BE
Typical man.:curse: Tell him you'll ring his girlfriend and tell her how disgusting he is!

Glad that you are relaxed - I'm sure netball will help too. I might raise the energy for a glass of wine in a minute... you should too.

Just started to pour with rain and thinder here! I might just disappear soon as we have been hit twice in the last 3 years by lightening down the phone line!!! The lights are flickering as it is!

I was thinking about you just disappearing. If you can afford to let the house out, it might be the best idea until the market picks up.

Have to go - storm getting bad now!
Old May 9th 2008, 9:40 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Typical man.:curse: Tell him you'll ring his girlfriend and tell her how disgusting he is!

Glad that you are relaxed - I'm sure netball will help too. I might raise the energy for a glass of wine in a minute... you should too.

Just started to pour with rain and thinder here! I might just disappear soon as we have been hit twice in the last 3 years by lightening down the phone line!!! The lights are flickering as it is!

I was thinking about you just disappearing. If you can afford to let the house out, it might be the best idea until the market picks up.

Have to go - storm getting bad now!
where are you? and is it heading this way?
Old May 9th 2008, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Morning all.

How's it going, anyone got any viewers lined up for this weekend? We don't but on the plus side I can be outside in the sun its better than being stuck in cleaning

Lets hope this sun brings out the viewers that want to buy not the nosey lot we have had so far.

Good luck all enjoy the sun.

Tina
Old May 9th 2008, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
where are you? and is it heading this way?
In South Wales - so quite a long way from you. We didn't go up in smoke last nigh, OH just pulled all the phone connections out. We've already had one modem fried and a phone melted! We're on the top of a hill, so I guess the lightening finds us easily!

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Morning all.

How's it going, anyone got any viewers lined up for this weekend? We don't but on the plus side I can be outside in the sun its better than being stuck in cleaning

Lets hope this sun brings out the viewers that want to buy not the nosey lot we have had so far.

Good luck all enjoy the sun.

Tina
It's cool and overcast here. No viewings either. Just waiting for some people to collect the stuff I sold on Ebay last week.

Fingers crossed you get some more viewings soon - just to get you cleaning again.

PMSL, I just had a mad idea, do you think if we put up signs saying this house is not for sale - under any circumstances, no matter how much money you offer. That we would get offers??? A 'For Sale' sign doesn't seem to work.
Old May 9th 2008, 8:34 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thunder and lightening was bad here too

Just thought I'd let you know that our house is officially back on the market again.........and our new EA is also a part time bouncer at a night club in Cardiff...LOL.....so if we get any viewers she can batter them into buying our house PMSL

Beth x x
Old May 9th 2008, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thunder and lightening was bad here too

Just thought I'd let you know that our house is officially back on the market again.........and our new EA is also a part time bouncer at a night club in Cardiff...LOL.....so if we get any viewers she can batter them into buying our house PMSL

Beth x x
Welcome back to the WPHS Beth. You have stolen my crown for house that has been on the market the longest... Good luck hun, you deserve it.

I hope your new EA batters the hell out of carpet shufflers, timewasters and people who put in ridiculous low offers!

Just had a PM from Sparkywife in Adelaide - they've been there 3 weeks and have a car and her OH has a job offer. Even better, her house sale finally went through!
Old May 9th 2008, 9:14 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back to the WPHS Beth. You have stolen my crown for house that has been on the market the longest... Good luck hun, you deserve it.

I hope your new EA batters the hell out of carpet shufflers, timewasters and people who put in ridiculous low offers!

Just had a PM from Sparkywife in Adelaide - they've been there 3 weeks and have a car and her OH has a job offer. Even better, her house sale finally went through!
Great news for SW Really pleased things have worked out for her!!!
Just rung my EA on her mobile.......she was still in bed from bouncing til the early hours (ha ha)......revenge is sweet!!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 9th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by michell
Hi

i was just wondering if you signed a contract for sole agency,

We have been on the market now for only 3 weeks but in that time our EA hasnt rung us to say sorry nothing happening or we may have a viewing or there are new people on our books, nothing absolutely zip from them and in the 3 weeks it has been on it has been in the paper once, we are not in this weeks one , why i dont know, can we sack them even tho they have sole agency and go with a larger company?

michell
Our 3 EA'S are like that we have to phone them every week

Ah glad she getting on ok was wondering where she gone

Just rung my EA on her mobile.......she was still in bed from bouncing til the early hours (ha ha)......revenge is sweet!!!!!
Beth x x
so beth when are you moving out here? Thought you were coming after me and i been gone 6 weeks
Old May 9th 2008, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beth x x
Yes, I was really pleased - they came round for dinner 2 days before they flew out and their sale was going very slowly and they were worried. I think the buyer's solicitor was the problem. Apparently, the buyers changed solicitors and it was all sorted out.

PMSL at your EA. I phoned mine on a Sunday once - as they advertise 7 day availability and just got the ansaphone. HMMM.

Did your EA have any news? Nicky has just sacked her 2nd agent! I hope yours turns out better!

Last edited by Fly Away; May 9th 2008 at 9:29 pm.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:27 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all,

Well viewing went well, so agent says, son has already decided what bedroom he is having and likes the pool. Guess what Fly he is a property developer but divorced and looking for a place of his own, he is in rented at the moment. Agent reckons he will be back for a 2nd viewing as he loves the house. I won't hold my breath.

Agent appointed Tuesday, board went up on Wednesday, went in paper on thursday and viewing on Friday, maybe the bribe is working.

Sun is beginning to shine and no cleaning today.

Lisa
Old May 9th 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Laights
Morning all,

Well viewing went well, so agent says, son has already decided what bedroom he is having and likes the pool. Guess what Fly he is a property developer but divorced and looking for a place of his own, he is in rented at the moment. Agent reckons he will be back for a 2nd viewing as he loves the house. I won't hold my breath.

Agent appointed Tuesday, board went up on Wednesday, went in paper on thursday and viewing on Friday, maybe the bribe is working.

Sun is beginning to shine and no cleaning today.

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

That sounds very promising. Hopefully he will make a decent offer. Tell the EA that you aren't desperate to sell yet - got 5 years on your visa etc.... otherwise they will encourage silly offers. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Have a good day.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:36 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Fly they don't know we are emigrating we just told them that we were moving to one of our other properties
Old May 9th 2008, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Laights
Thanks Fly they don't know we are emigrating we just told them that we were moving to one of our other properties
Good idea - I wish we'd said that. We made the mistake of telling the EA - should have known better really. I reckon that's why they thought they had us over a barrel with the developer.

My solicitor phone yesterday and said how glad she was that the sale had fallen through as she was sure there was something dodgy going on and had been doing some digging. So I guess our gut instinct was right. Doesn't help when we haven't got a house sale though.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:49 pm
Permanent Resident

We thought it would be best not to tell them. Always trust a women's instinct, we not usually to far away from sussing people out. I really wish you some good luck with your house, it can't carry on for much longer, considering they are always banging on about a house shortage.
Old May 9th 2008, 11:01 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Great news for SW , good for those guys .

Damn its hot !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.