Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 8th 2008, 11:25 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Afternoon all , whats new ?
Old May 8th 2008, 11:26 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Very quiet here with no phones ringing to view our house. Thought the new EA would have made a big difference but not so far.

Has gone all overcast here now, hope it doesn't rain yet cos want to cut the grass ready for all the viewings this weekend

I am going to stop looking at the race for life threads because it is costing me a fortune Won't be able to afford to go to Oz at this rate
Old May 8th 2008, 11:28 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
Afternoon all , whats new ?
Afternoon S, nothing new here except I have been cleaning windows:curse:
How about you, is the phone ringing constantly driving you mad?
Old May 8th 2008, 11:28 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Man its hot again !
Old May 8th 2008, 11:29 pm

Man its hot again !
Not here it isn't!!
Old May 8th 2008, 11:29 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by nickywes
Afternoon S, nothing new here except I have been cleaning windows:curse:
How about you, is the phone ringing constantly driving you mad?
Hi Nicky , no its quiet but i've only just got in .

no news this end
Old May 8th 2008, 11:30 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Not here it isn't!!
oh , well your not far from me i don't think ? its nice here again , little bit more cloud but it see through
Old May 8th 2008, 11:30 pm

Hi Nicky , no its quiet but i've only just got in .

no news this end
Oh bugger:curse: Am off out in a mo to get the paper and see how wonderful the ad is
Old May 8th 2008, 11:35 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Oh bugger:curse: Am off out in a mo to get the paper and see how wonderful the ad is
yes get one ,,
Old May 8th 2008, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Sun breaking through now - rain stopped about 10am. So if it does rain with you, it won't be for long.

Just eating a really smelly cheese and onion sandwich...mmmm no viewers and OH doing school run tonight, so it doesn't matter if I have foul breath.

Just had a frustrating morning - went to village to get a few groceries. Couldn't park. So went to next village down - which is on the edge of the city and has lots of shops, but the place was gridlocked. 15 mins just to get from one end of the street to another. Then had to double back on myself and drive past both sets of shops in the opposite direction to a flamin petrol station which has a carpark to get a loaf of bread and a pint of milk. Get me out of this car ridden place.....

Also went to our flat and sorted it out. Had a letter from the water board threatening to cut us off as no one was living there. rang them and shouted. They need the new tenant to call them - how am I going to do that??? Another call to the EA....

No news on the viewers..... biting nails time.....

Made the unilateral decision if we don't get a good offer in the next few weeks, to tell the EA that we have reconsidered our position and we can hold off emigrating until feb 2010, so we are going to 'rest' the house for a while until the market picks up. Hopefully they will be fearful for their commission and will all the stops out. Don't want to wait until then, but really might have to the way things are going. OH says we could do some small renos to make place more attractive in the time. (He means I will have to do them! I plaster and decorate as well as doing everything else.)

Fingers crossed for a good ad Nicky - it might make all the differerence.

How's it going IC - don't give up hope just yet.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:01 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon all,

Sun breaking through now - rain stopped about 10am. So if it does rain with you, it won't be for long.

Just eating a really smelly cheese and onion sandwich...mmmm no viewers and OH doing school run tonight, so it doesn't matter if I have foul breath.

Just had a frustrating morning - went to village to get a few groceries. Couldn't park. So went to next village down - which is on the edge of the city and has lots of shops, but the place was gridlocked. 15 mins just to get from one end of the street to another. Then had to double back on myself and drive past both sets of shops in the opposite direction to a flamin petrol station which has a carpark to get a loaf of bread and a pint of milk. Get me out of this car ridden place.....

Also went to our flat and sorted it out. Had a letter from the water board threatening to cut us off as no one was living there. rang them and shouted. They need the new tenant to call them - how am I going to do that??? Another call to the EA....

No news on the viewers..... biting nails time.....

Made the unilateral decision if we don't get a good offer in the next few weeks, to tell the EA that we have reconsidered our position and we can hold off emigrating until feb 2010, so we are going to 'rest' the house for a while until the market picks up. Hopefully they will be fearful for their commission and will all the stops out. Don't want to wait until then, but really might have to the way things are going. OH says we could do some small renos to make place more attractive in the time. (He means I will have to do them! I plaster and decorate as well as doing everything else.)

Fingers crossed for a good ad Nicky - it might make all the differerence.

How's it going IC - don't give up hope just yet.
Hello , well can't say i blame you ,am thinking of just validating and keeping the house on market but not accepting "silly" offers , bide my time .

My town & most others are the same , its quicker to walk from where i work to the edge of town to get my car than it is to drive it , its gridlocked yet we have 2 Bypasses , one north to south the other east to west , mental .
main line train from Nottingham to Skeggness & when the barriers are down the towns stops .... & get this , when the barriers go up the 1st green light is to allow MORE traffic in to town instead of emptying it . bonkers .
they just spent 65K putting a new pelican crossing in with lights & it made the town worse , buses were late because of the extra hold ups & now its not being used , the lights are covered & the pelican crossing fenced off .

65k wasted
Old May 9th 2008, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

After a busy month of viewings March, and then nothing in April at all........ we have a viewing next week it's only been 10 months
Old May 9th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Nicwes I cant believe your weather is pants its GORGEOUS here and meant to be at least till next week.

Fly - I would try to do drastic action asap on your EA tell them your plans, say that you are giving in x amount of weeks then thats it you are pulling out completly. They will be desperate for the commission.

Im nearly as desperate for you to sell and come join me in Adelaide as you are yourself.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hello , well can't say i blame you ,am thinking of just validating and keeping the house on market but not accepting "silly" offers , bide my time .

It's so depressing though... I have gradually stopped doing stuff when a natural break happens, so it will be easier to break ties when we go, if we are staying a year, I will have to start it all up again - ditto the business. Then we might sell the house and are tied by the business. We can't win. Just have to see what happens in the next few weeks...

My town & most others are the same , its quicker to walk from where i work to the edge of town to get my car than it is to drive it , its gridlocked yet we have 2 Bypasses , one north to south the other east to west , mental .
main line train from Nottingham to Skeggness & when the barriers are down the towns stops .... & get this , when the barriers go up the 1st green light is to allow MORE traffic in to town instead of emptying it . bonkers .
they just spent 65K putting a new pelican crossing in with lights & it made the town worse , buses were late because of the extra hold ups & now its not being used , the lights are covered & the pelican crossing fenced off .

65k wasted
Completely bonkers!

Our Council keep putting in traffic calming stuff, which just makes it worse. In our (VERY quiet) village, you have to chicane down roads avoiding humps and bumps... madness. Then they shut off the main road through the city - so to cross the city, you have to travel 5 miles around the edge through residential areas... madness... Takes me 30 mins to get my daughter to school due to the traffic. It's too far to walk (4 miles). Not in the rush hour, it takes only takes 10 minutes.

We moved out to a village to get away from the traffic, but it still affects us badly. Recently they shut the M4 down to 1 lane and all the traffic poured off and down the lanes. Complete gridlock as they aren't wide enough for 2 lorries to pass each other. It was taking me an hour to get DD to school.

My cousins live in Sydney and the traffic is bad there, but no worse than we are used to. Plus the suburbs are quiet - unlike here.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:17 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Completely bonkers!

Our Council keep putting in traffic calming stuff, which just makes it worse. In our (VERY quiet) village, you have to chicane down roads avoiding humps and bumps... madness. Then they shut off the main road through the city - so to cross the city, you have to travel 5 miles around the edge through residential areas... madness... Takes me 30 mins to get my daughter to school due to the traffic. It's too far to walk (4 miles). Not in the rush hour, it takes only takes 10 minutes.

We moved out to a village to get away from the traffic, but it still affects us badly. Recently they shut the M4 down to 1 lane and all the traffic poured off and down the lanes. Complete gridlock as they aren't wide enough for 2 lorries to pass each other. It was taking me an hour to get DD to school.

My cousins live in Sydney and the traffic is bad there, but no worse than we are used to. Plus the suburbs are quiet - unlike here.
our village has these traffic calming islands , one at each end of the high st ... if i parked a car there i would get a ticket for obstruction but its ok to stick these things down ... apparently the local parish council had money to spend on something but only if part of of it was spent on traffic calming measures ............. so thats what they did .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.