Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 9th 2008, 6:11 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Click on the little pile of papers at the bottom right hand side on each message you want to answer and then on the last message click on quote. Does that make sense?
Old May 9th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maisey
Hi guys
Well after 36 viewings with one EA and over 12 with the other we finally got an offer today. Offered £292000 but we refused and accepted £296000 they have had to pull out on another house as survey horrendous they have a mortgage offer and their buyer is well into the process. We have been told we could exchange by mid June. I am soooo exhausted and yes it isn't what we wanted but pretty near and in this market we decided to grab it and run. We have to validate by Oct 13th so it was getting close. So fellow whingers just wanted to share it with you guys as this thread has kept me sane even though I don't always post I always catch up with you.
Maisey Going to drink large jug of pimms now!!!
Great news on the offer I hope it all goes smoothly xx

Originally Posted by marvinc
After a busy month of viewings March, and then nothing in April at all........ we have a viewing next week it's only been 10 months

Good luck with the viewing xx

Originally Posted by nickywes
Well OH has just sacked our new so called Prestige EA so we now don't officially have our house up for sale anymore:curse::curse:

Went and bought the local paper and guess what, we weren't in it. OH rang them immediately and they said that it was a mistake by the paper. Barefaced liars as my DD works for the paper in advertising and there was no mistake made by them. They also apparently have not had brochures done yet as we had not signed the proof, we never got it:curse: He just said to them take it off the market and off the internet now, you have had your chance

We now have yet another "Prestige" agent coming tomorrow and we are also going to market out of the area with another one too.

I can't stand much more of this
BUGGER BUGGER and more BUGGER!!! Hope the your newer one pulls there finger out xx

FLY- Hope they come back with a offer fingers are crossed for ya.xx

Still nothing for us have a viewing next Thursday but think I will cancel it as they haven't even put theres on the market yet. As I dont want to have time wasters round. I'm I being too picky?

OH was cutting the boss of one of our agents hair today and said I could go and work there and get commision for everything I sell. So not only cant they sell my house they want me to sell someone elses for them. Do you think he was take the pee?

I've ordered a ST Joseph off ebay yesterday anyone tried this?

Tina x
Old May 9th 2008, 7:40 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Great news on the offer I hope it all goes smoothly xx

Good luck with the viewing xx

BUGGER BUGGER and more BUGGER!!! Hope the your newer one pulls there finger out xx

Still nothing for us have a viewing next Thursday but think I will cancel it as they haven't even put theres on the market yet. As I dont want to have time wasters round. I'm I being too picky?

OH was cutting the boss of one of our agents hair today and said I could go and work there and get commision for everything I sell. So not only cant they sell my house they want me to sell someone elses for them. Do you think he was take the pee?

Tina x
Hi Tina

I would let them come round anyway cos you never know if their house sold quickly they could be your buyer.

Go work for the EA and then promote your house above all others

Don't know about St. Joseph but I think FA was supposed to have got one but it didn't arrive, so not very lucky there
Old May 9th 2008, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all,

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Thanks Tina - and for the Ks. xxx

Still nothing for us have a viewing next Thursday but think I will cancel it as they haven't even put theres on the market yet. As I dont want to have time wasters round. I'm I being too picky?:

I'd let them come - they might sell as Nicky said... difficult one though as you don't want sticky beakers..

PMSL!! Definately go and work there - you can really push your house. In fact, come and work at my EAs and push mine!

Tina x
Yes, I ordered one from Ebay, but it never arrived, so I had to get my money back. Not very lucky!

Hi Tina

I would let them come round anyway cos you never know if their house sold quickly they could be your buyer.

Go work for the EA and then promote your house above all others

Don't know about St. Joseph but I think FA was supposed to have got one but it didn't arrive, so not very lucky there
Think I said what you said Nicky.

Going to go for a nice shower in a minute and then might have some wine. Got some people coming to collect some furniture tomorrow morning. Hope I'm not too hung over!
Old May 9th 2008, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening all,

Yes, I ordered one from Ebay, but it never arrived, so I had to get my money back. Not very lucky!

Think I said what you said Nicky.

Going to go for a nice shower in a minute and then might have some wine. Got some people coming to collect some furniture tomorrow morning. Hope I'm not too hung over!
At least that is some more furniture gone from the hallway

I have been cleaning like a mug again as we have new EA's coming round tomorrow morning for photos. Am totally sick of it and think plan b might be in action soon and just bugger off

Hope the wine goes down well
Old May 9th 2008, 8:31 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Well OH has just sacked our new so called Prestige EA so we now don't officially have our house up for sale anymore:curse::curse:

Went and bought the local paper and guess what, we weren't in it. OH rang them immediately and they said that it was a mistake by the paper. Barefaced liars as my DD works for the paper in advertising and there was no mistake made by them. They also apparently have not had brochures done yet as we had not signed the proof, we never got it:curse: He just said to them take it off the market and off the internet now, you have had your chance

We now have yet another "Prestige" agent coming tomorrow and we are also going to market out of the area with another one too.

I can't stand much more of this
Hi

i was just wondering if you signed a contract for sole agency,

We have been on the market now for only 3 weeks but in that time our EA hasnt rung us to say sorry nothing happening or we may have a viewing or there are new people on our books, nothing absolutely zip from them and in the 3 weeks it has been on it has been in the paper once, we are not in this weeks one , why i dont know, can we sack them even tho they have sole agency and go with a larger company?

michell
Old May 9th 2008, 8:35 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michell
Hi

We have been on the market now for only 3 weeks but in that time our EA hasnt rung us to say sorry nothing happening or we may have a viewing or there are new people on our books, nothing absolutely zip from them and in the 3 weeks it has been on it has been in the paper once, we are not in this weeks one , why i dont know, can we sack them even tho they have sole agency and go with a larger company?

michell
Hi , well i think that you should ring them ... see why they are not pushing your property .... you pay their wages .

how long are you tied in for ? it will say or you should kow anyway .

nag them . tel them to get you in the paper more
Old May 9th 2008, 8:36 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

At least that is some more furniture gone from the hallway

I have been cleaning like a mug again as we have new EA's coming round tomorrow morning for photos. Am totally sick of it and think plan b might be in action soon and just bugger off

Hope the wine goes down well

shiney as a new pin N ??

Old May 9th 2008, 8:39 am

Hi

michell
Hi there - we were lucky in the fact that we hadn't signed the contracts being as weren't happy with something on there and was waiting for it to be changed and they didn't hurry to get it done either. They also hadn't advertised it anywhere but Rightmove so didn't spend money on it. These were a big well known agency too.

The one coming tomorrow is not so big but seem clued up and are very pro-active but I want to go with a couple of agencies, not in the same area. Think it may give more options and a wider audience, we will see though.
Old May 9th 2008, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Icarus
shiney as a new pin N ??

Oh yes and without a cleaner too
Old May 9th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

I am with a smaller agent who does not even have a shop in my area - their fees are much lower than everyone of the big ones (£1000 fixed price comission) They sold my last house and i was really pleased with the service they still advertise with rightmove, primelocation etc and have their own site amhomeconnexions.co.uk and are really proactive in giving feedback and even just touching base weekly telling me about the market in the area - ie sales and buyers coming through the door in the agency. Unfortunately if there are no buyers out there then not much i can do . I have a wedding this weekend so going to go away and not think about it all - i just wish i could know the market was picking up and feel a bit more positive. Anyway good luck to everyone with buyers this weekend !!!!
Old May 9th 2008, 8:53 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Oh yes and without a cleaner too
wally
Old May 9th 2008, 9:04 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi , well i think that you should ring them ... see why they are not pushing your property .... you pay their wages .

how long are you tied in for ? it will say or you should kow anyway .

nag them . tel them to get you in the paper more
Hi ,
This is what is so annoying, i rang them last week as it wasnt in the paper the 1st week as promised and asked why, there reply was it was the papers fault they messed up and didnt put it in (yeah yeah) anyway i thought right i havent heard from them in 2 weeks i will ring them, all i got was "nothing happening, no interest, blame the news etc" ,

we signed the contract for 6 weeks sole agency, we thought this was the norm and that every company had sole agency, little did i know that you dont have to go for sole agency,

am wondering as we only have just over 2 weeks left with them if i should get some EA round and see what they have to say and ask them how many properties they sell a month average even in todays market, ask them how many they have sold in the last month, etc etc

do you think this is a good idea,

kind regards
michell
Old May 9th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,
This is what is so annoying, i rang them last week as it wasnt in the paper the 1st week as promised and asked why, there reply was it was the papers fault they messed up and didnt put it in (yeah yeah) anyway i thought right i havent heard from them in 2 weeks i will ring them, all i got was "nothing happening, no interest, blame the news etc" ,

we signed the contract for 6 weeks sole agency, we thought this was the norm and that every company had sole agency, little did i know that you dont have to go for sole agency,

am wondering as we only have just over 2 weeks left with them if i should get some EA round and see what they have to say and ask them how many properties they sell a month average even in todays market, ask them how many they have sold in the last month, etc etc

do you think this is a good idea,

kind regards
michell
Yes - spend the next two weeks interviewing other agents and warn your EA that they have 2 weeks to prove themselves or you will change agents.

Not on the wine yet Nicky - had my shower but DD still running around and not sleeping... so not relaxed yet.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Yes - spend the next two weeks interviewing other agents and warn your EA that they have 2 weeks to prove themselves or you will change agents.

Not on the wine yet Nicky - had my shower but DD still running around and not sleeping... so not relaxed yet.
I am too knackered to even lift a glass tonight

All quiet here. Took DD1 to Stanstead again to go see boyfriend in Germany, she goes every other weekend and DS walks in from work, has shower, leaves everything on the floor, clothes towels etc. and walks back out of the door after stuffing the whole fridge.

Am quite relaxed but have a whole day at netball tomorrow and have not sorted anything out for it yet, so that is my job now in between BE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.