Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 22nd 2008, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by betsyboob

Thanks FA, it seems they want us to make up the shortfall...the EA has told them they need to take some responsibility.......
The thing is we have already reduced our price by 6%, and if we took an offer of 180k would be over 10%...no other property in this area is losing that much. Our property is already 10-15k less than the others on the street, and it's not a wreck it's pretty newly decorated etc. just we are getting desperate now Realistically we should get another 10k, and someone would still be getting themselves a good buy
I really don't know if we are doing the right thing. i wonder if we would be better pulling off and waiting 2yr...but what will the property situation be like in Oz by then?
Sounds like your EA is on your side - why should you pay for them to stay in the same position???

We feel the same - we have reduced our house to rock bottom - it is on at £100K less than at Christmas! Then these smart arses offer £70K under asking price...

We are in the dilemma of do we sell now and get 'free' of the house and risk the market picking up in a few months... You must feel the same. Where is the crystal ball?????
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Hi Tracey, yes we will start our own thread, I wonder if it will go on as long as this one, lets hope not
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
All ?
LOL. You too.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Sorry to those who didn't get karma I tried to give some to all of you but alas no its not working anymore

My 2nd viewers are due soon 'the stinkers'. They should have came yesterday but couldn't make it which is a bugger as I was cooking with loads of garlic to drown out their small

So just doing the last of the checks toys away, washing up done, all tidy, toilet flushed pegs on noses ready for them now
Fingers crossed for the viewers, (hope they have had a wash today!!!) let's hope they put in a really good offer.

Window and doors open lots of plug-ins turned up

Love the doll idea for the Ex don't bother with the pins just cut its head off
PMSL.
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

good luck tina for a really good offer and fast completion
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Hi All I thought i would let people know i contacted national homebuyers, they initially asked for 795 for survey - then offered survey for 99.00. I decided not to do anything about it- today they called and made offer of 153995, no survey fee.

Unfortuneately i need more that that to clear feet - if they would up offer to 165000, i would jump at it even though i am on at 179000 and valued at 190000! might just hold out and see if anything better comes up, if not fingers crossed EA manages to find a buyer. I am starting to see some occassional sold signs in area so
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:09 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Angib
Hi All I thought i would let people know i contacted national homebuyers, they initially asked for 795 for survey - then offered survey for 99.00. I decided not to do anything about it- today they called and made offer of 153995, no survey fee.

Unfortuneately i need more that that to clear feet - if they would up offer to 165000, i would jump at it even though i am on at 179000 and valued at 190000! might just hold out and see if anything better comes up, if not fingers crossed EA manages to find a buyer. I am starting to see some occassional sold signs in area so
Hi angie

We have just had the same with National Homebuyers, they wanted £795 for valuation, then rang and offered for £99. I said no as with EA and wanted to see how it went, then we got a formal offer letter offering £609,756.

Ours was up for 750k initially, then 699k, now 675k. We decided to go for it jst for quick sale and no EA fees etc. Sent the letter back accepting and then they rang asking more details about the house to give to their negotiating department???? They rang the next day and said that they had reviewed their offer and because the market is so bad blah blah, they could only offer 550-570k, so it went down 60k in less than a week.:curse:

Told them exactly where to stuff their offer and how they preyed on the needy and that is not us and to stop wasting my time as they are a con.:curse::curse:

I have googled them and have not found one person that has actually sold to them

I would expect them to reduce their offer based on this not increase it. Got a quote from another one too, really nice bloke, but their offer was 500k - WTF!!!! I just laughed.

Good luck with yours but send it back anyway just to have a laugh and see what they come back with (I would be interested too). You are under no obligation.
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Well 'the stinkers' never showed up So the nose peg is off

They obviously didn't want my house that much.
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:14 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Didn't show up, do you know why not? How bloody rude some people are:curse:

I want a family of stinkers to buy our house because I don't like the b**ch across the road and she would be devastated
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:22 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

or they liked it that much from their first visit they didnt need a second viewing

michell
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Thanks for the information re Nat Homebuyers - i'm not in a position to sell at that price anyway - but even if i was id rather reduce and see family buy house instead. Hopefully the market will move slightly even if enough to get us all sold
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by michell
Good afternoon fellow whingers,
not been on much this week, doing a spot of DIY, trying to re decorate 16 yr old daughters lilac and purple bubbles bedroom back to a more magnolia colour, have also stripped the banisters and rails of all paint and varnished them, been painting lounge ceiling , oh and trying to keep house in a clean state incase we get a viewing , not bloody likely though with our present EA havent had nothing from them in 5 weeks, our new EA takes over nxt thursday so here's to hoping from a few viewers with this one at least , and you never know maybe and offer

anyway will catch up later you lot and keep those chins up and positive thinking !!!

michell

You are good, next time I need any decorating doing I will give you a call, sounds like you are a dab hand Good Luck with the new EA and hope your hard work pays off.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Good news on the offer, Fly.

Just tell the EA that you need to think about it and see what the private guy comes back with.

It really depends on how secure the offers are. IMO I would go for the most secure.

Good luck.

Aaah. That's really lovely. Thanks.:

Whereabouts in Reading are you? We are in Earley.

Bit chaotic there then?

Wish I was moving soon.

What's up, mate? That's just how I feel at the moment.

I spoke to my EA to let them know that the viewer was a no show. They phoned me back a little while later to let me know. First of all he said that his wife had phoned him just as he left the house previous to ours, who's heavily pregnant. She thought something was happening but it turned out to be a false alarm. So when the EA asked him if he wanted to re-book he said no, we've decided we want a detached rather than a semi.

Oh well. That's that then. It's just really bad manners. If we didn't want to look he should have told the EA who was showing him around the other house that he wasn't going to bother with our one.
It is bad manners but it seems there are lots of ill mannered people out there at the moment.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi again all,

Been out this afternoon. Trying to catch up again.

Sorry you are having such a tough time. I feel the same. the EA only ever gives me about 12 hours notice max and it's exhausting when you have kids - and we're trying to clear our business storage unit and sort it too.

I would ask these people how much lower the offer on their house is, than when they offered before. If it is 15K lower, that's not fair, you are subsidising them. If it is £30k lower, then they are being fair. Does that make sense?

Fingers crossed and sending Ks for you that you can do a deal.:

That sounds good Nicky - I hope she books to view. Hope the ad works for you. Our house was supposed to be in a glossy mag this month but I haven't had a copy - I hope the EA put in after all their hype.

Thanks - don't know why it can't be simple... someone views, likes house, is in position to proceed and puts in sensible offer...

Thanks S - just have to hope all this will lead to something.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi fly, sending you some K's

Originally Posted by suart
Hi Tracey, yes we will start our own thread, I wonder if it will go on as long as this one, lets hope not
Hi Emma, goodness I hope not, we will get jobs, I can feel it

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi angie

We have just had the same with National Homebuyers, they wanted £795 for valuation, then rang and offered for £99. I said no as with EA and wanted to see how it went, then we got a formal offer letter offering £609,756.

Ours was up for 750k initially, then 699k, now 675k. We decided to go for it jst for quick sale and no EA fees etc. Sent the letter back accepting and then they rang asking more details about the house to give to their negotiating department???? They rang the next day and said that they had reviewed their offer and because the market is so bad blah blah, they could only offer 550-570k, so it went down 60k in less than a week.

Told them exactly where to stuff their offer and how they preyed on the needy and that is not us and to stop wasting my time as they are a con.:

I have googled them and have not found one person that has actually sold to them

I would expect them to reduce their offer based on this not increase it. Got a quote from another one too, really nice bloke, but their offer was 500k - WTF!!!! I just laughed.

Good luck with yours but send it back anyway just to have a laugh and see what they come back with (I would be interested too). You are under no obligation.
Really Sorry it didn't work out with then Nicky, they are cheeky so and so's, but they will buy from those who are in the process of being re-possessed, this will be a probably be a better option for who ever, if NHB offer enough to pay off the mortgage. I have seen it.

Really sorry Tina, you never know, they may re-book.

Right, thats me caught up, I have no news, still no comment back from our last viewers, supposed to be in paper, think it is tonight will email dad later and see. Off on school run now, will catch up wtih you lot when you get up
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:11 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Oh yes, I have paid my dues and now can't make up my mind about the avatars. May have to hide the post count now!!

Hi M, How envious am I of you only got 3 weeks left Very happy for you though. House selling process seems much better over there, is it?

Kris - Love the story. Will have to ask DD1 if she has any to tell. The only thing I will say is that she has this pink blow up chair with a massive thingy stuck up in the middle of it and I won't allow her to walk out the door with it blown up, can you imagine the neighbours faces I also have the AS vans deliver here every Monday and their vans are sign written with Delivering Pleasure all down the sides, what must the neighbours think of me?

Can't work the smilies again?????
Hi Nicky, our house has been up for sale since March 19th last year and we will complete June 5th. So it has taken a fair bit of time, not many viewings only 5 or 6 and the last one hit the jackpot for us. Some houses over here sell very quick others take ages (sometimes up to 2 or 3 years) for no apparent reason. Cheers, Miranda xx

OMG!!! I have another offer on the house.............

I also have a massive dilemma....................

The new offer is from a couple who have sold to their neighbour. They want to complete in July. BUT the offer is £40k under the figure which is on the table from the private sale. The private sale isn't definate. It is dependant on the guy's finances and we won't know until next week. It is however, chain free. What the hell do I do????

I have told the EA we will get back to them tomorrow - which gives us time to think. Haven't even told the OH - came straight on here.
FLY AWAY, THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!! I HOPE YOUR PRIVATE BUYER WILL COUGH UP ENOUGH CASH TO GO THROUGH WITH IT, MY FINGERS WILL BE CROSSED FOR YOU BLISTERS, LACK OF BLOODFLOW AND ALL ((())))
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:13 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

bL**dy stinking budgies.......I hope they trip, fall over and fall with their face flat in a pile of dog's ...at this point I will let you all use your imagination, that's one thing we have loads of don't we
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:08 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like your EA is on your side - why should you pay for them to stay in the same position???

We feel the same - we have reduced our house to rock bottom - it is on at £100K less than at Christmas! Then these smart arses offer £70K under asking price...

We are in the dilemma of do we sell now and get 'free' of the house and risk the market picking up in a few months... You must feel the same. Where is the crystal ball?????
Don't know about you but we just want to be free of our property, i don't think the market will be going up much in the next few months, probably 1-2yr. I think it is just going to stabalise for a while.
We are thinking that we may just take a low offer and never look back....
We are going to sit it out and see if anything turns up.

Had my cards read at the weekend and i have the wheel of fortune...PLEASE!!!!!
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:09 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

How rude! well at least you didn't have to freeze last night airing the house!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.