Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 11th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Johull, congrats on the viewing

Hi FA, the lie in did wonders for me

Hi Sammy, I'm glad you've had a wonderful time in Paris
Thanks for that

Havent heard anything from the EA this morning - so nothing to get worked up about - just relived that we have finallyhad a viewing!!!!! I have looked thier house up on the website and its nice but nowhere near as nice as ours and in nowhere near as good a location - lets just hope they manage to sell and want ours!!!

The lady did say that they have these offers but arent happy with the EA and are thinking of changing to a new agent - I found this a tad confusing to say they had 2 offers on the table!!!!! She said she is frustrated with the way they always palm her questions off and arent very helpful.

I just feel more positive now that things are finally moving around here - though very slowly. One gorgeous house that has been on for ages has sold and its more than ours so you never know - maybe our time will come.

Good luck everyone
Old May 11th 2008, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Bonjour mes amis

We have just returned from a few days in Paris, had lovely time and feel really chilled out

Need to phone estate agents to find out if our buyer has got his mortgage offer yet, don't want to break my good mood so might leave it until later.

Hope all is well with everyone and the beautiful weekend brought in lots of viewers and lots of offers:

Sam
Glad you had a good time Sam - hope it was lovely and romantic.

Fingers crossed for the mortgage off to have come through - or should I say Bon Chance??

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Johull, congrats on the viewing

Hi FA, the lie in did wonders for me

Hi Sammy, I'm glad you've had a wonderful time in Paris
Hope you're full of energy - it's scorching here and I'm doing the ironing - although I have finished topping DD's pool up and she wants to swim in it tonight! I might join her!

Originally Posted by johull
Thanks for that

Havent heard anything from the EA this morning - so nothing to get worked up about - just relived that we have finallyhad a viewing!!!!! I have looked thier house up on the website and its nice but nowhere near as nice as ours and in nowhere near as good a location - lets just hope they manage to sell and want ours!!!

The lady did say that they have these offers but arent happy with the EA and are thinking of changing to a new agent - I found this a tad confusing to say they had 2 offers on the table!!!!! She said she is frustrated with the way they always palm her questions off and arent very helpful.

I just feel more positive now that things are finally moving around here - though very slowly. One gorgeous house that has been on for ages has sold and its more than ours so you never know - maybe our time will come.

Good luck everyone :
Fingers crossed for you - sounds like she has had 2 low offers OR she's had offers from people who haven't sold.

Would you consider buying her house??? That way you would release some equity and maybe be able to rent hers out????
Old May 11th 2008, 11:04 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
no rest for the wicked Ic any news from your EA?
Hi M , no news ... so far .

Originally Posted by johull
Hi there everyone

Guess what - we have had our first viewer after being on the market for 7 months!!!!! Went with new agent last week and we had a viewing yesterday afternoon - they didnt let much out, liked the house alot - have had 2 offers on theirs but both have to sell. Asked if we would mind if they wanted to come back for a second viewing - fingers crossed!!!
Fingers crossed with that , good luck

Bonjour mes amis

We have just returned from a few days in Paris, had lovely time and feel really chilled out

Need to phone estate agents to find out if our buyer has got his mortgage offer yet, don't want to break my good mood so might leave it until later.

Hope all is well with everyone and the beautiful weekend brought in lots of viewers and lots of offers

Sam
Hope the buyer has his offer , am sure it will be good news
Old May 11th 2008, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ic,

How are you doing?

Just spoken to my EA. Said we had been given an extra 18 months to enter Australia. (I couldn't be bothered to expalin validation etc) That we were still keen to move now, but can wait. So we were now only open to sensible offers. (Haha developer - I bet she got right on the phone and told him no chance!) I also said we would accept part exchange if someone was keen and couldn't sell theirs. She didn't like that for some reason. Also said we would take the house off the market to 'rest' if it didn't sell soon....

Bad news - she's left a message for our keen 2nd viewing people from last Thursday but they haven't come back to her.... I just have to hope that they are slow people - it took them a week to book a 2nd viewing.

Feel a bit more optimistic really today....
Old May 11th 2008, 11:29 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Ic,

How are you doing?

Just spoken to my EA. Said we had been given an extra 18 months to enter Australia. (I couldn't be bothered to expalin validation etc) That we were still keen to move now, but can wait. So we were now only open to sensible offers. (Haha developer - I bet she got right on the phone and told him no chance!) I also said we would accept part exchange if someone was keen and couldn't sell theirs. She didn't like that for some reason. Also said we would take the house off the market to 'rest' if it didn't sell soon....

Bad news - she's left a message for our keen 2nd viewing people from last Thursday but they haven't come back to her.... I just have to hope that they are slow people - it took them a week to book a 2nd viewing.

Feel a bit more optimistic really today....
Hey N , tell you what i think that sounds ok , lay it down on the table to them & then they can push it or shove it .

my plans are to validate and do the same ,,,, have time on my side . not gonna rush these next 3 months to get out there & cost me money .

Good .
Old May 11th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi Tina, how was your weekend?
lovely weekend thanks, few to many wines in the sun tho hope your feeling better today

Bonjour mes amis

Hope all is well with everyone and the beautiful weekend brought in lots of viewers and lots of offers

Sam
Glads you enjoyed your dirty weekend

Hope your buyer gets his Morg offer

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hey N , tell you what i think that sounds ok , lay it down on the table to them & then they can push it or shove it .

my plans are to validate and do the same ,,,, have time on my side . not gonna rush these next 3 months to get out there & cost me money .

Good .
Hi Ic, we too have decided to not worry bout the house sale and go and validate in Oct but hope you get that sale before it comes to that.

Afternoon everone else good luck this week hope you get lots of lovely offers.

Tina x
Old May 11th 2008, 11:49 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
lovely weekend thanks, few to many wines in the sun tho hope your feeling better today

Hi Ic, we too have decided to not worry bout the house sale and go and validate in Oct but hope you get that sale before it comes to that.

Tina x
Hi Tina,
Guess what??? I bought a new 40" tv......had a portable for ages.........so now I can watch Sawyer on the big screen!!!!!! PPHHHHHHOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!

Thought you had sold your house hun?......must have missed something when I was AWOL
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi Tina,
Guess what??? I bought a new 40" tv......had a portable for ages.........so now I can watch Sawyer on the big screen!!!!!! PPHHHHHHOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!

Thought you had sold your house hun?......must have missed something when I was AWOL
Beth x x
PPPHHHHOOOAAARRR Did you see him last night yummy!!!

House was sold then our buyer lost their buyer then they got a new buyer we dropped another 10k then they lost their buyer again (you would think they would be more caeeful haha) now they have someone who has offered on theirs and want us to drop another 10k!! That would make a 30k drop which I wont do as I would be giving it away so back on the market.

Getting bored with this house sale lark now. HOw's it going for you any viewers?

I was doing a bit of spying today and phoned my stupid EA that I sacked 2 weeks ago and guess what.....they are still marketing my house!!!!

Tina x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:15 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

House was sold then our buyer lost their buyer then they got a new buyer we dropped another 10k then they lost their buyer again (you would think they would be more caeeful haha) now they have someone who has offered on theirs and want us to drop another 10k!! That would make a 30k drop which I wont do as I would be giving it away so back on the market.

Getting bored with this house sale lark now. HOw's it going for you any viewers?

I was doing a bit of spying today and phoned my stupid EA that I sacked 2 weeks ago and guess what.....they are still marketing my house!!!!

Tina x
Still no viewers for us
This house selling is worse than waiting for the visa!!!!! :curse:
Fingers crossed this fab weather gets us some viewers.......I can but hope...LOL
LOL about your old EA.........numptys!!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus

Good .
Thanks Ic. We had planned to go asap as we are on a different visa to most people and have to be living in the State for 2 of the 3 years after validation. So we don't have as much time as you lot to sell - but we do have time - as much as it kills me. Just want the EA to get the message that we won't take crap offers, have 18 months to sell and will take the house off the market if we don't sell. (Liklihood being we would go on with another agent after that - didn't say so, but she must know that.)

We still have 2 options they don't know about too.....

lovely weekend thanks, few to many wines in the sun tho:hope your feeling better today:

Thanks Tina - feeling more positive - probably the weather. Sitting by our pool thingie in the sun. pretending to be in Oz! Hope your head is OK today!

Hope your buyer gets his Morg offer:

Tina x:
Good idea Tina - we all have to try and destress somehow or we will get ill. You know as soon as you relax that it will happen - like conception.

Hi Tina,
Guess what??? I bought a new 40" tv......had a portable for ages.........so now I can watch Sawyer on the big screen!!!!!! :PPHHHHHHOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!

Thought you had sold your house hun?......must have missed something when I was AWOL ::
Beth x x ::
Hiya Beth - you sound more cheery too. Hope the new EA gets you a sale really soon! Wales went down first, let's hope it comes back up first. A house down the road which has been on the market for longer than us, went up as sold yesterday. Gives me hope!

House was sold then our buyer lost their buyer then they got a new buyer we dropped another 10k then they lost their buyer again (you would think they would be more caeeful haha) now they have someone who has offered on theirs and want us to drop another 10k!! That would make a 30k drop which I wont do as I would be giving it away so back on the market:.

Tina x::
WTF??? Have you asked them why??? I hope they know they have been sacked!
Old May 12th 2008, 12:27 am
Make it happen!!!!

This lovely weather has cheered me up no end!!!!!
Great news about that house selling.........me next please!!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 12th 2008, 12:47 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Afternoon all

Good luck to everyone that has had viewers

I have had a bit of a break from house selling even though we have just taken on the new EA. I had just had enough of it all and it was ruining my life and making me and OH argue and bitch at each other, so thought b*****ks to it all and relax

New EA seems right on the ball and has been up again today to take better photos and to introduce us to another partner of the Co. He is so yummy
Might have to start insisting they keep coming up here

Emailed both the other agents and insisted they remove it from their books and Rightmove with immediate effect

Lets hope there are lots of lovely buyers looking this week but only if they have the money
Old May 12th 2008, 1:42 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Tina x
Hi lets hope so , however i'm gonna get valildated and see what happens . can't keep worrying about house sales , am chilled about it ... always am

Thanks Ic. We had planned to go asap as we are on a different visa to most people and have to be living in the State for 2 of the 3 years after validation. So we don't have as much time as you lot to sell - but we do have time - as much as it kills me. Just want the EA to get the message that we won't take crap offers, have 18 months to sell and will take the house off the market if we don't sell. (Liklihood being we would go on with another agent after that - didn't say so, but she must know that.)

We still have 2 options they don't know about too.....
Hi , yeah i know your visa is different , don't put pressure on yourselves it will come good .

This lovely weather has cheered me up no end!!!!!
Great news about that house selling.........me next please!!!!!
Beth x x

Hi Beth , great isn't it ? the weather . am lovely n brown , can't get enough sun

Originally Posted by nickywes
Afternoon all

Good luck to everyone that has had viewers

I have had a bit of a break from house selling even though we have just taken on the new EA. I had just had enough of it all and it was ruining my life and making me and OH argue and bitch at each other, so thought b*****ks to it all and relax

New EA seems right on the ball and has been up again today to take better photos and to introduce us to another partner of the Co. He is so yummy
Might have to start insisting they keep coming up here

Emailed both the other agents and insisted they remove it from their books and Rightmove with immediate effect

Lets hope there are lots of lovely buyers looking this week but only if they have the money
Hi , pleased your "happy" with new EA
Old May 12th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

hello all, i've been watching this thread for ages but never posted... our house has been on market since sept, we had one silly offer of £20k less than asking back in oct which we turned down ( i would gladly rip their arm off for this now!).
we have done as much as we can now i.e. paint the whole bloody thing cream and drop the price, we havent had any viewers for about 4wks now, just had a load of new pics done and a new write up to try and stir some new interest - fingers crossed.
just wanted to say hope everyone gets their wish of a house sale soon!
Old May 12th 2008, 2:51 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
hello all, i've been watching this thread for ages but never posted... our house has been on market since sept, we had one silly offer of £20k less than asking back in oct which we turned down ( i would gladly rip their arm off for this now!).
we have done as much as we can now i.e. paint the whole bloody thing cream and drop the price, we havent had any viewers for about 4wks now, just had a load of new pics done and a new write up to try and stir some new interest - fingers crossed.
just wanted to say hope everyone gets their wish of a house sale soon!
Hello !

welcome to the thread ,,, sort of .... its a shame that there is one at all but such is the current climate .

good luck with your new pics/make over , hope it brings you a buyer ... or two .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.