Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 13th 2008, 11:35 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hellooooo

Well we are finally back on line for what seems like an eternity, but has apparenly only been 2.5 weeks, it felt much longer I can tell you. Although we were on line in the apartment for 3 weeks, it wasn't a very good link which could be why it feels much longer

So no news on my house front, other than we have changed EA, they went yesterday to do a valuation, we have the pics that the old EA had and they are going to use them rather than take new ones of an empty house. Although we are hoping they got a better one from outside. Fingers crossed that we will have more success with these and with that lovely Uk weather you are having at the moment it brings some buyers out of the woodwork.

I spoke to my dad on Skype last night who came back from America at the weekend, he still has our dog and while walking him on Monday noticed that quite a few houses that had been for sale a while have sold while he had been away, so he has said that the market looks like it is picking up - lets hope so.

Will one of you kind souls do a quick run down of what I have missed, anyone sold, etc as there is no way I can wade through the amount of pages it would take to catch up with you lot of chatterboxes.

I have noticed that Beth is back and this is great news and that she is heading to Melbourne too, take it from me you won't regret it Beth It is 9.50 in the morning here, I am sat on the bed typing this, in 3/4 pants and a t shirt and it is winter, when I look out of the window I have blue sky, a couple of clouds but not many and the Briars National Park, it is beautiful.

Well by for now.

Tracy
Hi Tracy , glad yer ok
Old May 13th 2008, 11:38 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ralphand nic
Hi all

New to this thread and wish i didnt have to post on it but......due to complete on Friday and buyers pulled out Monday...gutted!!!

Just about to book flights as well and hand in my notice( need to give 3 months as a teacher).

Bloody 1st time buyers and credit.....i can hardly say it CRUNCH!!:curse:

Still planning to go to Sydney mid Sept and if it dont sell we`ll rent. Got to sort out tax issues with Aus govt re:capital gains which i`m aware of as its been discussed on other forums here.

CHIN UP....DONT LET THE BAS***DS GRIND US DOWN!!!

OZ BOUND? yOU BET!!!
Hi There , unreal stuff there , feel for you guys .
Old May 13th 2008, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

ralphand nic will become famous soon enough

already done that and begged!! But no, they dont seem bothered about losing a grand or so on survey and searches in the long run.

We even went to see another couple who`d viewed previously last night but the`re completing on a sale on Friday!

Time to pester estate agents!!
Old May 14th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Icarus
afternoon all , what have i missed
me?
Old May 14th 2008, 12:01 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

EA rang this morning and the daughter does want to come and take a look tomorrow - at least I have a day to clean now rather than just over an hour!!

I must admit that I am starting to get cold feet about selling my house now though

I was talking to a friend and she said that if Oz doesnt work out for us and we want to come home we will never get a house like mine again because our financial situation will be so much different - which is something I hadnt thought about really.
When we bought our house my husband and I were both on very good money and had a really good deposit from our previous place too which enabled us to buy a lot more, but now I have my son and dont work I am never going to be earning that kind of money again and if we applied for a mortgage I dont think we would even get the money we would need to buy a house like the one I have now on one wage! In fact there is no way.
I know that is assuming that we would have very little money to put down but I am thinking worst case scenario here.

Why couldnt she just keep her mouth shut - all I can think about now is if we moved out there and didnt like it and wanted to come back here - we would only be able to afford to live in scumsville and now I am questioning myself.

Spoke to my OH about it and we talked about renting it instead but the only problem with that is we would then have to save the money to go out to OZ instead of taking some money from the house and because we are on one wage now it would take forever to save the money we would need, youve got to admit its not cheap, plus we would have to do our bathroom up to rent it.

Bloody friends, they mean well but sometimes they should just let you get on with it
Old May 14th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

for what its worth I thnk if you are going to go to the effort of going you should give it all you have got - I worry that if you leave a 'safety net' in the UK you are less likely to give it all you got.

We should all expect wobbles when we get there, I think its natural to go through with something this big but after the effort of getting to Oz you dont want to give up on your first wobble and come home.

It was easy for me cause my house was never my happy ever after, it was an investment, we made our money and sold, maybe I would have felt different if it was my castle.

Does that make sense?
Old May 14th 2008, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ralphand nic
already done that and begged!! But no, they dont seem bothered about losing a grand or so on survey and searches in the long run.

We even went to see another couple who`d viewed previously last night but the`re completing on a sale on Friday!

Time to pester estate agents!!
Barstewards!! :curse::curse: I hope you told them what a mess they have left you in. I would also ask your solicitor why they went on holiday and didn't exchange. Make noises about them footing the deposit money - probably won't help but might make you feel better.

Sending yu some ks in the hope they help to get a new buyer and soon.

I have just had more hassle from our rental. New tenant moved in on Saturday. Had problem with (18 month old) boiler, I thought I fixed it by repressurising - just called to say it is now leaking... Have arranged to meet plumber there tomorrow. Of course tenant is working, I have to do it, but plumber can only come at 3pm - school pick up time, so now I have to try and get someone to pick her up... sodding rentals. THIS is why I wanted to get shot. Flamin credit crunch.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:33 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Gonnago
me?
Ha , hello
Old May 14th 2008, 12:34 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Barstewards!! :curse::curse: I hope you told them what a mess they have left you in. I would also ask your solicitor why they went on holiday and didn't exchange. Make noises about them footing the deposit money - probably won't help but might make you feel better.

Sending yu some ks in the hope they help to get a new buyer and soon.

I have just had more hassle from our rental. New tenant moved in on Saturday. Had problem with (18 month old) boiler, I thought I fixed it by repressurising - just called to say it is now leaking... Have arranged to meet plumber there tomorrow. Of course tenant is working, I have to do it, but plumber can only come at 3pm - school pick up time, so now I have to try and get someone to pick her up... sodding rentals. THIS is why I wanted to get shot. Flamin credit crunch.
Hi FA
Old May 14th 2008, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi FA
Hi IC. *waves*
Old May 14th 2008, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

for what its worth I thnk if you are going to go to the effort of going you should give it all you have got - I worry that if you leave a 'safety net' in the UK you are less likely to give it all you got.

We should all expect wobbles when we get there, I think its natural to go through with something this big but after the effort of getting to Oz you dont want to give up on your first wobble and come home.

It was easy for me cause my house was never my happy ever after, it was an investment, we made our money and sold, maybe I would have felt different if it was my castle.

Does that make sense?

Gonnago is right. If you're going to do it, do it wholeheartedly. if you did come back, you can't come back to your old life. Full stop. Even if you kept the house, you wouldn't have the same jobs, etc. Even your friends and family move on. Plus, you have all the agro associated with rentals. Which I am experiencing now. We wanted to sell our rental property but couldn't - so we will have to leave it with an agent. It will probably still be a logistical nightmare and financial drain until the market picks up and we can sell.

Last edited by Fly Away; May 14th 2008 at 12:48 am.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:46 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Does that make sense?
I think part of the problem is that this house is exactly the same style house as the one I grew up in - just down the road, but this house is even better than that one because of the gardens we have which back on to a protected green - and to be fair I love it.
I think if I am honest I also have a bit of a fear that if it doesnt work out for us my OH may resent me for it later on down the line as I am more of the driver in this move (being the Aussie) but dont get me wrong he is not being made to move or anything like that, its just that it was my idea in the first place.
Just getting a touch of the collywobbles, probably because having people actually view your house makes it a lot more real and a step closer to actually doing it rather than talking about it.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:52 am
Handsome Internet Guy

i'm here but i don't like reading about wobbles ,,,, its scary

however , if you think its the right choice to move then it is the right choice , think about the reasons you are leaving ,,

also there is a case for in the future of wishing you had tried it when it was with in your grasp & didn't .
Old May 14th 2008, 1:13 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

i'm here but i don't like reading about wobbles ,,,, its scary

however , if you think its the right choice to move then it is the right choice , think about the reasons you are leaving ,,

also there is a case for in the future of wishing you had tried it when it was with in your grasp & didn't .
My Mum basically said to me the other day, because you have thought about it and made moves to go, I have to go, because if I dont I will wonder what if, maybe not immediately but at some point.
She also said that there are millions of nice houses in the world, mine isnt the only one!
Old May 14th 2008, 1:15 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
My Mum basically said to me the other day, because you have thought about it and made moves to go, I have to go, because if I dont I will wonder what if, maybe not immediately but at some point.
She also said that there are millions of nice houses in the world, mine isnt the only one!
no ,,, i have one too !

wanna buy it

only you guys know , if you have confidence in your ability to work & pull it off then theres nothing to stop you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.