Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 14th 2008, 1:23 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Icarus
no ,,, i have one too !

wanna buy it

only you guys know , if you have confidence in your ability to work & pull it off then theres nothing to stop you
If I could I would buy all your houses so you can get off and start your new lives!

Deep down I know its the best thing to do for all of us and espescially for my baby boy, even my Mum is pushing us to go for him - having lived in raised children in Australia she is adamant it is the best place for kids and if not the best a darn sight better than the UK!

Like I said I think having viewers just makes it more real to me rather than the dream and I think most people would be telling lies if they said they didnt have a second thought about it now and then.
Just have to focus on the positives.
Darn sunny weather doesnt help either as my garden is lovely in this weather!
Old May 14th 2008, 1:27 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
If I could I would buy all your houses so you can get off and start your new lives!

Deep down I know its the best thing to do for all of us and espescially for my baby boy, even my Mum is pushing us to go for him - having lived in raised children in Australia she is adamant it is the best place for kids and if not the best a darn sight better than the UK!

Like I said I think having viewers just makes it more real to me rather than the dream and I think most people would be telling lies if they said they didnt have a second thought about it now and then.
Just have to focus on the positives.
Darn sunny weather doesnt help either as my garden is lovely in this weather!
when spring is in the air the UK is a great place to be thats for sure . have enjoyed the weather , i got good easy job , i get home at lunch i am able to lay out in it ..... however that is only whilst it lasts ,

cold January mornings are the sh*t , those dark nights in November ... fec i hate them .
Old May 14th 2008, 1:43 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Just popped in to say hi, haven't got much time at the
moment, things are going ok, we're getting there!

I wish you all loads of viewings and solid cash paying buyers

Miranda ((()))
Old May 14th 2008, 1:48 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Just popped in to say hi, haven't got much time at the
moment, things are going ok, we're getting there!

I wish you all loads of viewings and solid cash paying buyers

Miranda ((()))
Hello ! , missed you again
Old May 14th 2008, 1:57 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Miranda,

Hope everything is ticking along ok, not long to go now.

Lisa
Old May 14th 2008, 2:27 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks M.............still waiting for the phone to ring with eager cash buyers here though
Beth x x
Old May 14th 2008, 3:23 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Icarus
when spring is in the air the UK is a great place to be thats for sure . have enjoyed the weather , i got good easy job , i get home at lunch i am able to lay out in it ..... however that is only whilst it lasts ,

cold January mornings are the sh*t , those dark nights in November ... fec i hate them .
Tell me about it, this last winter was soooo depressing because I had a new baby I was stuck in even more than usual, but on the other hand it helped with the new baby adjustment phase as at least I didnt feel like I was missing out on anything!!
Old May 14th 2008, 3:24 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Just a quick update from yesterday, with the episode of me having me knickers round me ankle in the loo when a EA rang my doorbell and i missed them. Well i had another knock on my door today from the said company and the man standing there introduced himself and appologised for me missing him yesterday was handed a large envelope, this is our information pack for you to have a look through of all our services etc for you to read before our appointment on friday at 10.30am, as we dont want to throw loads of stuff at you on friday morning and you not have a chance to read through it all. anyways i was pleasently surprised i had nothing like this from the EA i am with at the moment, anyways had a nice long chat with the EA at my door and he did enlighten me to the fact that we had signed with the EA we are with now but they had not given us a copy of the contract we had signed:curse: he said there could be a clause in the sole agency that if they have not sold within the 6 weeks sole agency that we may not be able to put it on for another 2 weeks after it runs out with another EA:curse:

anyways after the EA that was at my door shaking my hand and saying he will see us on friday at 10.30am i got straight onto the phone to our EA we are with at present at asked why we did not have a copy of our contract, the reply was ,"oh i am ever so sorry, we thought you had a copy" well how many more mistakes can this EA make , i dont think they have any idea what the left or the right hand is doing, anyways he appologised again and said it would be straight in the post , well hold on the EA premises is 2 miutes walk away, why cant someone drop it round, i havent heard hide nor hair from them in 3 weeks , would be nice to see they are at least trying to help their clients, and before anyone asks NO i was not going to go round there and pick it up myself , 2 reasons,

1. why should i do there job for them
2. my twins have been of school today sick so wasnt going to put them through being dragged up the road because of their (EA) mistake

anyways if this clause the prospective new EA mentioned is on the contract i will not be a happy bunny at all:curse:

if its not then its all systems go to getting a few more EA interviews.

have to wait till i get the contract through the post first though before i will know so either tomorrow or friday, just in time for prospective new EA to turn up

michell
Old May 14th 2008, 5:01 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Right, I've had enough of my bloody EA.

House down the road from me went on the market about 3-4 weeks ago. House more or less same as mine apart from 3rd bedroom is slightly bigger than ours, they've turned their garage into a room so therefore no garage.

Location for theirs is not good. Opposite at roundabout, next to two busy main roads and also opposite a police station. Mine is on a tree lined cul-de-sac.

ITS BLOODY SOLD.

We didn't even get a viewing. In fact we've had no viewings from this EA for about 6-7 weeks now.

I don't know whether to sack them or not. I may well be cutting off my nose etc.

Oh btw viewing on Saturday was a no-goer either.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:09 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
:curse::curse::curse::curse:

House down the road from me went on the market about 3-4 weeks ago. House more or less same as mine apart from 3rd bedroom is slightly bigger than ours, they've turned their garage into a room so therefore no garage.

Location for theirs is not good. Opposite at roundabout, next to two busy main roads and also opposite a police station. Mine is on a tree lined cul-de-sac.

ITS BLOODY SOLD.

We didn't even get a viewing. In fact we've had no viewings from this EA for about 6-7 weeks now.

I don't know whether to sack them or not. I may well be cutting off my nose etc.

ahhhhhhhhhh so sorry to hear!!!!, was the property down the road with your EA and do you know what there asking price was?

i am in the process of changing mine as the EA we are with at present has done sod all, not 1 viewer in 4 weeks not 1 phone call in 4 weeks and in the local rag once in 4 weeks,:curse: also found out today they hadnt even given us our copy of the contract,:curse: we are going to go multi agency this time around, as a lot more clued up on the whole EA and selling business now.

look out EA michell is on the war path
Old May 14th 2008, 5:17 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

:curse:

ITS BLOODY SOLD.

I say sack him, it makes you feel so much better and you should have had that viewer too:curse:

Hi all

I have missed loads of pages and tried to catch up but pretty impossible on this thread.

I have no news or viewers at the moment but new hunky scrummy EA is hard at work. All contracts signed, glossy brochures being printed now, in 3different papers from this week and went down the town today and there was our house right in the middle of their shop window. I feel totally relaxed now about selling because even if we don't, at least we know that they are working for us I think that is the problem for most of us, the fact that like O2O you don't know that they are even trying:curse:

In our local paper this week it is saying that in Herts the houses are still selling and the market has just stabilised a bit but is expected to get better shortly

Just heard from DD2, the one that has already left, and so far she has been to Thailand and done Tiger Temple, floating markets and tomorrow going elephant trekking. Travelling down to Malaysia the day after and then on to Singapore in time for their flight to Perth on 26 May. Lucky things, wish I was there

Hope everyone is OK
Old May 14th 2008, 5:45 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michell
ahhhhhhhhhh so sorry to hear!!!!, was the property down the road with your EA and do you know what there asking price was?

i am in the process of changing mine as the EA we are with at present has done sod all, not 1 viewer in 4 weeks not 1 phone call in 4 weeks and in the local rag once in 4 weeks, also found out today they hadnt even given us our copy of the contract, we are going to go multi agency this time around, as a lot more clued up on the whole EA and selling business now.

look out EA michell is on the war path
Yep, with same EA and the one day the road was on for 15k more than mine.

Originally Posted by nickywes
I say sack him, it makes you feel so much better and you should have had that viewer too

Hi all

I have missed loads of pages and tried to catch up but pretty impossible on this thread.

I have no news or viewers at the moment but new hunky scrummy EA is hard at work. All contracts signed, glossy brochures being printed now, in 3different papers from this week and went down the town today and there was our house right in the middle of their shop window. I feel totally relaxed now about selling because even if we don't, at least we know that they are working for us I think that is the problem for most of us, the fact that like O2O you don't know that they are even trying:curse:

In our local paper this week it is saying that in Herts the houses are still selling and the market has just stabilised a bit but is expected to get better shortly

Just heard from DD2, the one that has already left, and so far she has been to Thailand and done Tiger Temple, floating markets and tomorrow going elephant trekking. Travelling down to Malaysia the day after and then on to Singapore in time for their flight to Perth on 26 May. Lucky things, wish I was there

Hope everyone is OK
Mmmm, I may just have to phone them tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind.

Good to hear that our EA seems to be doing the business for you.

Wish I was your DD2 heading for Perth on 26 May. Sounds like she's having a great time.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by michell
Just a quick update from yesterday, with the episode of me having me knickers round me ankle in the loo when a EA rang my doorbell and i missed them. Well i had another knock on my door today from the said company and the man standing there introduced himself and appologised for me missing him yesterday was handed a large envelope, this is our information pack for you to have a look through of all our services etc for you to read before our appointment on friday at 10.30am, as we dont want to throw loads of stuff at you on friday morning and you not have a chance to read through it all. anyways i was pleasently surprised i had nothing like this from the EA i am with at the moment, anyways had a nice long chat with the EA at my door and he did enlighten me to the fact that we had signed with the EA we are with now but they had not given us a copy of the contract we had signed:curse: he said there could be a clause in the sole agency that if they have not sold within the 6 weeks sole agency that we may not be able to put it on for another 2 weeks after it runs out with another

anyways after the EA that was at my door shaking my hand and saying he will see us on friday at 10.30am i got straight onto the phone to our EA we are with at present at asked why we did not have a copy of our contract, the reply was ,"oh i am ever so sorry, we thought you had a copy" well how many more mistakes can this EA make , i dont think they have any idea what the left or the right hand is doing, anyways he appologised again and said it would be straight in the post , well hold on the EA premises is 2 miutes walk away, why cant someone drop it round, i havent heard hide nor hair from them in 3 weeks , would be nice to see they are at least trying to help their clients, and before anyone asks NO i was not going to go round there and pick it up myself , 2 reasons,

1. why should i do there job for them
2. my twins have been of school today sick so wasnt going to put them through being dragged up the road because of their (EA) mistake

anyways if this clause the prospective new EA mentioned is on the contract i will not be a happy bunny at all

if its not then its all systems go to getting a few more EA interviews.

have to wait till i get the contract through the post first though before i will know so either tomorrow or friday, just in time for prospective new EA to turn up:

michell
Michell hi, did you know if a company you employ ie; your EA has NOT provided the service that was promised you can infact write to them with your complates and tell them because 'blah blah' you will no longer be using their services that way you can get out their contract as they have to do their job and if not their contract is void!

ITS BLOODY SOLD.

Sack the tossers!!!!

Originally Posted by nickywes
I say sack him, it makes you feel so much better and you should have had that viewer too

Hi all

I have no news or viewers at the moment but new hunky scrummy EA is hard at work. All contracts signed, glossy brochures being printed now, in 3different papers from this week and went down the town today and there was our house right in the middle of their shop window. I feel totally relaxed now about selling because even if we don't, at least we know that they are working for us I think that is the problem for most of us, the fact that like O2O you don't know that they are even trying

Hope everyone is OK:

Don't matter if he doesn't sell your house just the thought of him sweating over your house details with his wavy hair and toned body is enough very mills and boon

The view we just had smelt so bad I've had to go round with the air freshener god I felt sick1st the hubby comes in with the sister then the sister goes and the wife came in so had to do 2 rounds of the house with the stinkers

Got another viewing in 15 minutes hope the smells as gone they might think its me
Old May 14th 2008, 5:54 am
aka bunja

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Michell hi, did you know if a company you employ ie; your EA has NOT provided the service that was promised you can infact write to them with your complates and tell them because 'blah blah' you will no longer be using their services that way you can get out their contract as they have to do their job and if not their contract is void!

Sack the tossers!!!!

Don't matter if he doesn't sell your house just the thought of him sweating over your house details with his wavy hair and toned body is enough very mills and boon

The view we just had smelt so bad I've had to go round with the air freshener god I felt sick 1st the hubby comes in with the sister then the sister goes and the wife came in so had to do 2 rounds of the house with the stinkers

Got another viewing in 15 minutes hope the smells as gone they might think its me
Bad news about the stinky viewers.

Good news about the next lot.

God, I'd kill for one viewer let alone two on one day.
Old May 14th 2008, 5:56 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steveandtina

He could actually be in the next diet coke ad

The view we just had smelt so bad I've had to go round with the air freshener god I felt sick1st the hubby comes in with the sister then the sister goes and the wife came in so had to do 2 rounds of the house with the stinkers

Good luck Tina with the viewings, will keep everything crossed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.