Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 14th 2008, 11:19 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Oh Nic,

Come on chin up, I know how you feel I think its got something to do with the weather today, its really overcast and cold here. Hey by the way I read on one of your posts that you are a Dudley girl, well I grew up not far from Dudley in a village called Wordsley don't know if you know of it, just outside Kingswinford. It really weird sometimes isn't it, like us, used to live in Halesowen where your in laws are.

I am waiting for our EA to get back in touch to arrange a second viewing but not heard anything yet. They gave me a password yesterday so I could look on their site and see how many hits we had on our details 182!!!! can you believe it, mind you I expect many of them are friends and noisy neighbours, just wish they would turn into viewings. Oh well.

Come on girl, you are a strong and confident and will achieve your dreams.

lol Lisa
Old May 14th 2008, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights
Oh Nic,

Come on chin up, I know how you feel I think its got something to do with the weather today, its really overcast and cold here. Hey by the way I read on one of your posts that you are a Dudley girl, well I grew up not far from Dudley in a village called Wordsley don't know if you know of it, just outside Kingswinford. It really weird sometimes isn't it, like us, used to live in Halesowen where your in laws are.

I am waiting for our EA to get back in touch to arrange a second viewing but not heard anything yet. They gave me a password yesterday so I could look on their site and see how many hits we had on our details 182!!!! can you believe it, mind you I expect many of them are friends and noisy neighbours, just wish they would turn into viewings. Oh well.

lol Lisa
Thanks hun, it's not just getting to Oz, it's everything. Our whole business going down the pan. We need to sell this house to get straight and I don't think we can - unless we give it away for peanuts.

Good luck for your 2nd viewing. I hope they get back to you. I am sitting here waiting for 2 phone calls which will probably never come... it's very depressing. Sounds like your property is popular. So I hope you get an offer really soon.
Old May 14th 2008, 11:44 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

I know what you mean about businesses, its a nightmare trying not to tell people your plans especially within the business, because you know that as soon as they know they will be off, we need the business to keep going to pay OH wages so we can pay the mortgage, its a nightmare. Not only that OH wants to try and sell the business, if we sell the house then that wouldn't be a problem its just tying everything up at the same time.

lisa
Old May 14th 2008, 11:54 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nic..........don't you go doing a Beth on me.....LOL
It is a bloody horrible cold and wet day here.........I feel miserable too.......but things will pick up hun.
Big hug,
Beth x x
Old May 14th 2008, 11:56 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
It is a bloody horrible cold and wet day here.........I feel miserable too.......but things will pick up hun.
Big hug,
Beth x x
Well Nic ,, what Beth said goes for me to , but not the rain bit as its sunny here !

Things will pick up ,
Old May 15th 2008, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about businesses, its a nightmare trying not to tell people your plans especially within the business, because you know that as soon as they know they will be off, we need the business to keep going to pay OH wages so we can pay the mortgage, its a nightmare. Not only that OH wants to try and sell the business, if we sell the house then that wouldn't be a problem its just tying everything up at the same time.

lisa
Thanks Lisa - we have run the business down as we knew we were going - plus this house was part of it and we have a big mortgage. Now we have to try and build business back up again - in this economic climate.

Thanks Ic and Beth. I hope it will improve. We still have 2 options for a sale left but one is not committing and the other isn't ideal as it is a house swop. We can wait to go to Oz, but I don't know if we can wait to sell the house really.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by capo
Why don't you just really lower your house prices, so that they stand out as a real bargain?

I'm not saying that to lose you money, but won't whatever you sell for go further in Australia now for a purchase there, compared to this time last year - even if you slash your own UK asking prices?

I'm reading that lots of Australia are experiencing a severe property crash.

I'm not an Australia regional expert so perhaps some areas are more stable, but judging from the feedback replies to that article, a lot of people are getting hit with falls.

Say you reduce your property in the UK by £35,000 or £50,000 to make it a real standout bargain, does it make much difference if the prices in Australia have dropped 10 or 20% more than that?

http://www.news.com.au/business/mone...013951,00.html

We are the lowest for our type of house in our area and I think thats why we get viewings but that hasn't worked

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Anyone here? Feeling very despondant. Nothing is going right and no one will return my calls. Sitting here waiting for some good news which never comes. Have been crying most of the day as it is all too much.
Chin up lass we are here for ya xx

Had viewer number 1 today really liked house blah blah same old stuff but they have only just put theirs on the market so I won't hold my breath.

The viewers who came last night (NOT the stinkers) had made a mistake and had forgot they had been before and had the cheek to say like it but needed work 'hello house is all done all plain newly plastered walls new kitchen, bathroom all new flooring' only thing is in the back garden the patio is crazy paved which we are thinking doing if we don't sell soon but no work needs doing:curse:. I wouldn't mind but the area they come from is a right s**t hole.

Sorry feel a bit touchy today. Anyway have another view at 4.30 today so maybe they might like it?
Old May 15th 2008, 12:42 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Well Nic ,, what Beth said goes for me to , but not the rain bit as its sunny here !

Things will pick up ,
Hi hun, well, what Ic said that Beth said goes for me too.....and over here it's overcast but also a bit humid. In a little while you will be able to Fly Away

This is you, a beautiful bird waiting to have a chance to take off

and...........here you go
looking for a warmer place to live (image of you flying away)

until you reach your destination of choice
Old May 15th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone here? Feeling very despondant. Nothing is going right and no one will return my calls. Sitting here waiting for some good news which never comes. Have been crying most of the day as it is all too much.
Oh, Nic
Sorry to hear you are having a crap day, can't offer any solutions but sending a big hug instead

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Big hug,
Beth x x
Weather crap here too, definitely makes everyone feel down.
Big hug coming your way too, Beth

Originally Posted by steveandtina
[COLOR="Red"]

Had viewer number 1 today really liked house blah blah same old stuff but they have only just put theirs on the market so I won't hold my breath.

The viewers who came last night (NOT the stinkers) had made a mistake and had forgot they had been before and had the cheek to say like it but needed work 'hello house is all done all plain newly plastered walls new kitchen, bathroom all new flooring' only thing is in the back garden the patio is crazy paved which we are thinking doing if we don't sell soon but no work needs doing:curse:. I wouldn't mind but the area they come from is a right s**t hole.

Sorry feel a bit touchy today. Anyway have another view at 4.30 today so maybe they might like it?
Sorry to hear about yesterday's viewer - Family Whiffy and Mr & Mrs "Can't remember which house we've seen"
Lets hope your viewers today are more promising
You're certainly getting lots of viewer so I'm sure one of them will put their hands in their pockets soon!

Just come back from dentist after having 1st fitting of a crown, was in that chair for over 1 hour, got sore mouth now and jaw ache! Starving but can't eat yet, as still numb and I might chew my tongue instead

Sam
Old May 15th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Oh, Nic
Sorry to hear you are having a crap day, can't offer any solutions but sending a big hug instead

Weather crap here too, definitely makes everyone feel down.
Big hug coming your way too, Beth

Sorry to hear about yesterday's viewer - Family Whiffy and Mr & Mrs "Can't remember which house we've seen"
Lets hope your viewers today are more promising
You're certainly getting lots of viewer so I'm sure one of them will put their hands in their pockets soon!

Just come back from dentist after having 1st fitting of a crown, was in that chair for over 1 hour, got sore mouth now and jaw ache! Starving but can't eat yet, as still numb and I might chew my tongue instead

Sam

I won't tell you about the lovely crumbly melt in the mouth chocolate flake I'm eating then.

Rain here in Essex too, just had to shut the windows up as its a bit chilly too.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:05 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nic - Don't sit and get upset it is just not worth it and will make you feel lousy Come on here and rant and rave and then sack a few people (whoever you like). I have taken to trying not to think too much about it all as I was about to blow a gasket last week and thought I might have had a heart attack if I didn't calm down.

We will try and cheer you up. Just having a think how

Oh Nic,

lol Lisa
Good luck for the second viewing. I also lived up that way and have relatives there. Went to school in Erdington for a time (Riland Bedford, no longer there apparently). Rellies are in Brierley Hill.

Originally Posted by steveandtina

We are the lowest for our type of house in our area and I think thats why we get viewings but that hasn't worked

Chin up lass we are here for ya xx

Fancy not remembering they had been to you, they must have seen loads and obviously aren't that good a buyer for you anyway

We had cream carpets laid just before Xmas and light walls because OH said that it needed to be very neutral to sell. Little did I know that we would still be trying to sell and now there are grubby marks appearing on both so better hurry up and sell before it is all trashed

Come on guys, everyone think positive thoughts
Old May 15th 2008, 1:22 am
Permanent Resident

Originally Posted by nickywes

Good luck for the second viewing. I also lived up that way and have relatives there. Went to school in Erdington for a time (Riland Bedford, no longer there apparently). Rellies are in Brierley Hill.

:
Cheers Nic, its amazing how much we move around, Brierley Hill is about 20 minutes away from here, with the local shopping centre commonly known as Merry Hell.

What a lovely picture Tum.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:44 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Nic, its amazing how much we move around, Brierley Hill is about 20 minutes away from here, with the local shopping centre commonly known as Merry Hell.

What a lovely picture Tum.
I just love Merry Hill shopping I lived in Sutton Coldfield when I was living there. I moved around all over the place because my mum just loved getting married to lots of men and I had a season ticket to her weddings

Born in London, lived in Cornwall, Hampshire, Berkshire, West Mids.........now Hertfordshire.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:10 am
Permanent Resident

Originally Posted by nickywes
I just love Merry Hill shopping I lived in Sutton Coldfield when I was living there. I moved around all over the place because my mum just loved getting married to lots of men and I had a season ticket to her weddings

Sutton Coldfield is a nice
Old May 15th 2008, 2:31 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

My viewers just left, they spent about 20 mins hiding behind my Greenhouse and they didnt speak to me once!!
No questions or anything, does anyone else think thats a bit strange?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.