Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 15th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
My lot are 25, 24, 23, 17 (2 are nieces if you don't know the story) but I inherited them when they were all 15, 14, 13 and 7. The eldest girl was getting bullied badly at school over her mum dying (got really nasty) so
niecey1 beat this girl up in Boots (she deserved it is what the police said and next time get her round the corner not in view of the CCTV!!) but then we had the whole family against her and needed police protection. They were threatening to torch the house and were outside with baseball bats etc. It ended up like gang warfare and we are very peaceful people but what would you not do for your kids?? Don't forget 2 boys aswell
Hi Nic,
noticed from earlier thread that your daughter flying from Singapore on 26 May.......Me too! Is she going to Perth?
Dtp
Old May 15th 2008, 4:32 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Nic,
noticed from earlier thread that your daughter flying from Singapore on 26 May.......Me too! Is she going to Perth?
Dtp
Morning all. How early am I up? As soon as I wake up I get up, sad isn't it.

Hi DTP, she is going on Quantas 9.05 flight from Singapore to Perth, is that the one you will be on?
Old May 15th 2008, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all - you're up early Nicky!!!

I'm feeling better today guys. I have a cold and a jippy tummy - caught from DD. (Thanks for that!) plus PMT and stress and I didn't sleep the night before, just lay there worrying. So I was in a bad state. I fell asleep on the sofa last night and slept through last night, which helped.

Put the holiday flat up for rent yesterday. Just hoping they can find a tenant quickly.

Had to go and meet a plumber at the rental flat as the boiler appeared to be leaking - apparently it was the boiler - thankfully. Got to meet them again today to get it repaired. It never ends...

My hall is packed with crap again - last load from the storage unit coming tonight. Got all that to sort. I have 28 items selling on Ebay..... Then the loft... Good job we don't have any viewers.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:50 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nic,

I am really pleased that you are feeling better today, we all have days like that and you are very supportive of others on here on their down days. Keep your chin up girl.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:52 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all - you're up early Nicky!!!

I'm feeling better today guys. I have a cold and a jippy tummy - caught from DD. (Thanks for that!) plus PMT and stress and I didn't sleep the night before, just lay there worrying. So I was in a bad state. I fell asleep on the sofa last night and slept through last night, which helped.

Put the holiday flat up for rent yesterday. Just hoping they can find a tenant quickly.

Had to go and meet a plumber at the rental flat as the boiler appeared to be leaking - apparently it was the boiler - thankfully. Got to meet them again today to get it repaired. It never ends...

My hall is packed with crap again - last load from the storage unit coming tonight. Got all that to sort. I have 28 items selling on Ebay..... Then the loft... Good job we don't have any viewers.
Morning Nic. Glad you are feeling better about it all. Think I would have stayed away from you with the cold, tummy and PMT

Things look better after a good sleep don't they? You are so good doing all that sorting out, I will probably leave mine until the last minute and then panic.

No viewers for us yet but in the paper today so you never know
Old May 15th 2008, 7:54 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all ,

pleased your feeling better FA .

good luck this weekend with the paper N ,
Old May 15th 2008, 7:57 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=nickywes;6357363]

Things look better after a good sleep don't they? You are so good doing all that sorting out, I will probably leave mine until the last minute and then panic.

QUOTE]

Morning Nic,

I with you on this, will probably leave it until the last minute and then panic, mind you the amount of people that have said when you have a garage sale let us know, it really feels like vultures circling.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Morning Nic. Glad you are feeling better about it all. Think I would have stayed away from you with the cold, tummy and PMT

Morning everyone

Not heard anything from last weeks viewer but go another one booked for Saturday morning at 11 - thats 2 in a week!!!! In shock after not one for 7 months!!! All this doom and gloom on the news doesnt help though, what a pain - I dread switching on my PC in a morning as just get emails predicting property crash!!!!!

Good luch everyone this weekend.
Old May 15th 2008, 8:06 pm

[QUOTE=Laights;6357386]

QUOTE]

Morning Nic,

I with you on this, will probably leave it until the last minute and then panic, mind you the amount of people that have said when you have a garage sale let us know, it really feels like vultures circling.
For gods sake don't go away for a weekend then, you will have nothing left when you get back I have promised most of the stuff I don't want to take to my niece so that will be easy anyway. I have a massive loft and it is full of stuff, can't wait to clear that lot out. Anyone want 2 sunbeds? Don't need them where we are all going though.

Originally Posted by Icarus
Morning all ,

Cheers Ic, anything booked for you. I am still on youtube saving some videos (Bay City Rollers)

Originally Posted by johull
Morning everyone

Not heard anything from last weeks viewer but go another one booked for Saturday morning at 11 - thats 2 in a week!!!! In shock after not one for 7 months!!! All this doom and gloom on the news doesnt help though, what a pain - I dread switching on my PC in a morning as just get emails predicting property crash!!!!!

Will keep fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. We need another one to sell right now There are very mixed views here about the state of the property market, so I will listen to the positive one
Old May 15th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

[QUOTE=nickywes;6357409]
Originally Posted by Laights

For gods sake don't go away for a weekend then, you will have nothing left when you get back I have promised most of the stuff I don't want to take to my niece so that will be easy anyway. I have a massive loft and it is full of stuff, can't wait to clear that lot out. Anyone want 2 sunbeds? Don't need them where we are all going though.

Cheers Ic, anything booked for you. I am still on youtube saving some videos (Bay City Rollers)

Will keep fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. We need another one to sell right now There are very mixed views here about the state of the property market, so I will listen to the positive one
Here Here - to be honest, I cant see how they can crash - just something to put on the front page till Amy Winehouse or Pete Doherty do something shocking!!!! It just frightens me that the potential buyers are put off by the screaming headlines!!! Seeing alot more sold signs round our local area in genral though than there have been
Old May 15th 2008, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi Nic,

I am really pleased that you are feeling better today, we all have days like that and you are very supportive of others on here on their down days. Keep your chin up girl.
Thanks Lisa, I'm just glad I have somewhere to come and moan. OH doesn't seem to get why I am so stressed.

I have to sort out the storage unit - it will save us a good few grand if we empty it! Plus I'm selling stuff and making a bit of money. One less tie to the UK too! We have so much stuff, I couldn't leave it to the last minute either.. as you've guessed I'm a worrier so I have to do what I can to feel in control. You've done your garage though - I haven't touched my shed yet!

Morning all ,

Thanks IC.

Morning everyone

Fab news re 2nd viewer. New EA is obviously much better. Fingers crossed for this one.

I think it is the media which are getting to me, you can't escape the doom and gloom anywhere.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!
Old May 15th 2008, 8:30 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Morning everyone

Good Luck Jo

[QUOTE=nickywes;6357409]

think my mum likes them
Old May 15th 2008, 11:05 pm

[QUOTE=Icarus;6357467]Good Luck Jo

think my mum likes them
Oi you cheeky devil
Old May 15th 2008, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=nickywes;6357931]
Good Luck Jo

Oi you cheeky devil
PMSL.

Well, I'm knackered, just finished ironing all the curtains for our 2nd rental. OH is driving there and back tomorrow, (2 hrs each way) to put up poles and hang them. (For once he doesn't expect me to do it!)

Just going out to return the first lot of curtains I bought which he didn't like. AGHHHH

Just hope we get a good rent on the place and can forget about it for a while now.

Still waiting for the 'magic' phone call.... why do people think it's OK to leave you hanging?
Old May 15th 2008, 11:36 pm

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6358021]

PMSL.

Well, I'm knackered, just finished ironing all the curtains for our 2nd rental. OH is driving there and back tomorrow, (2 hrs each way) to put up poles and hang them. (For once he doesn't expect me to do it!)

Just going out to return the first lot of curtains I bought which he didn't like. AGHHHH

Just hope we get a good rent on the place and can forget about it for a while now.

Still waiting for the 'magic' phone call.... why do people think it's OK to leave you hanging?
Aah but do you trust him to do it properly????

Seen our ad and not really that great but at least they are working harder for us, I think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.