Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:11 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Still no news on selling my house Nothing is selling where I live at the moment though
9 and a half months on the market now........
Beth x x
Swap you!
We've got no house AND no visas!
Only a matter of time for you Beth....sending you loads of positive vibey things, man
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well at 3pm call from new EA and we have a viewing booked for next wed at 5pm Cant believe it a viewer at last Not had one since the end of October. The whole of the EA's office has been to look at my house as well as they all like to know what it is actually like inside, and can give buyers a better idea of your property. The other EA's did nothing like this. Feel bit better now
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Still no news here with the indemnity policy etc. today was last exchange date to complete before end of the month so BANG goes another of my deadlines, I have given up now and am going with the flow....its hard cause I am the only one chasing - our buyers are so dopey!! GET THIS>.....they are still awaiting their mortgage offer - so I chased their mortgage consultant...

If ONE more person says 'I will get back to you' Im going to scream... luckily for them I was working this morning so have left them all alone but back on everyones case now!
Oh Hayles, it is just so bloomin stressful isn't it?? Sending you Ks to stay strong if I can. These people have no idea what they put us through.:curse: Can't believe you are chasing their mortgage offer! So many people arn so much from your house sale and you are the one doing the work.:curse: You should charge them by the hour for your work.

Still no news on selling my house Nothing is selling where I live at the moment though
9 and a half months on the market now........
Beth x x
It should start moving with you too Beth. Cardiff always knocks on to the Valleys. Sending Ks if I can.

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Swap you!
We've got no house AND no visas!
Only a matter of time for you Beth....sending you loads of positive vibey things, man
Hi Jenni, I don't have a house sale OR a visa.

Well girls, the EA just phoned and the phantom viewer has booked to view AGAIN - Monday 2.45. I told them that they had to cancel by Saturday if they couldn't make it. I really didn't want to say yes this time. This viewer would make a terrible buyer, I can feel it in my water.

I also booked our meds today. GULP.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well Fly away she must be interested if she has booked again Lets just hope its good news for all of us. I still cant believe we have a viewer booked for next week Dont know why i am so excited its only a viewing
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys;[SIZE=5
5833812[/SIZE]]Well at 3pm call from new EA and we have a viewing booked for next wed at 5pm Cant believe it a viewer at last Not had one since the end of October. The whole of the EA's office has been to look at my house as well as they all like to know what it is actually like inside, and can give buyers a better idea of your property. The other EA's did nothing like this. Feel bit better now
WOOHOO!!!

Good luck Spaceys!!

Things do seem to be moving a bit.

Sending Ks for good luck if I can.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Can we join this thread, our house went on the market just before Christmas and we were sure it would sell quickly - how wrong we were, we haven't even had one viewing, I thought someone might come even if it was just to nosey

It will go in the paper for a second time tomorrow, we have reduced the price, are advertising that we are looking for offers, that we are "motivated sellers" and that we are emigrating so fingers crossed we might get someone to look, even if we get a silly offer, at least it will be a start. We got our visa on Monday night, Jason needs to start work early March so it doesn't give us long.

Originally we had said I would stay until the house sold, we are now panicking that I might still be here with the children in 9 months while Jason is in Melbourne

The house is a TIP and I mean a tip, my theory is if I clean and make it spotless no-one will come, but if I leave it a tip then we might get a call, I will then be very busy trying to clean and tidy before the viewing.

Sorry long post, just needed a moan, I know some of you have been for sale a lot longer and really feel for you.

Tracy
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well Fly away she must be interested if she has booked again Lets just hope its good news for all of us. I still cant believe we have a viewer booked for next week Dont know why i am so excited its only a viewing
I hope she is interested - I'm blowed if I'm cleaning up like the last 2 times and I shall tell her that too. She is viewing 2 more properties, so I don't think it is just ours which she particularly likes. We'll have to see. At least we didn't drop the price before she booked.

Your new EA sounds much better. I made the EA doing the viewings come round for the first cancelled viewing so that she was familiar with the house. (I never miss an opportunity!!)

Good luck everyone.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I know how you feel. We going in March but just going to leave house on market and all go. . Very scary but dont want to rent it out. Am just praying it will sell before we go
Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:47 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Can we join this thread, our house went on the market just before Christmas and we were sure it would sell quickly - how wrong we were, we haven't even had one viewing, I thought someone might come even if it was just to nosey

It will go in the paper for a second time tomorrow, we have reduced the price, are advertising that we are looking for offers, that we are "motivated sellers" and that we are emigrating so fingers crossed we might get someone to look, even if we get a silly offer, at least it will be a start. We got our visa on Monday night, Jason needs to start work early March so it doesn't give us long.

Originally we had said I would stay until the house sold, we are now panicking that I might still be here with the children in 9 months while Jason is in Melbourne

The house is a TIP and I mean a tip, my theory is if I clean and make it spotless no-one will come, but if I leave it a tip then we might get a call, I will then be very busy trying to clean and tidy before the viewing.

Sorry long post, just needed a moan, I know some of you have been for sale a lot longer and really feel for you.

Tracy
Hi Tracy,
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your visa!!!!!!
Really hope you sell your house soon too
Beth x x
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceys
I know how you feel. We going in March but just going to leave house on market and all go. . Very scary but dont want to rent it out. Am just praying it will sell before we go

Just leaving it to sell is an option, but I don't want to leave it with my dad to sort out, don't really trust him. We also looked into renting, had 3 estate agents round who frightened us to death with the the horror stories they had about renting and after that day decided not to, it isn't worth the risk to us.

Will keep our fingers crossed that you sell before you go, if we have got to exchange of contracts before we go I will be happy, but can't see it.

Tracy
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tracy,
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your visa!!!!!!
Really hope you sell your house soon too
Beth x x

Hi Beth

Thanks for the congratulations, we were not expecting it until February, it was a lovely surprise, although I am just recovering from having far too much to drink.

Fingers crossed that we have some luck this weekend, it is a lovely house, if we get someone in they will buy it I am sure.

Tracy
xxx
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Tracy
Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the WPHS thread. Be warned, we have all gone slightly demented during the house selling process.

Congratulations on your visa - and getting a job over there. You are very organised.

I work on the dirty house theory too - but it is a killer sometimes. Once this old guy knocked on the door and wanted to be shown round that second. The beds weren't even made. Luckily there were other people in the house so I didn't feel threatened, but I would only let him see downstairs. He brought his son back to see the house who told me his father was always doing this. So no sale then!:curse::curse:

Sending you Ks for good house selling luck.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the WPHS thread. Be warned, we have all gone slightly demented during the house selling process.

Congratulations on your visa - and getting a job over there. You are very organised.

I work on the dirty house theory too - but it is a killer sometimes. Once this old guy knocked on the door and wanted to be shown round that second. The beds weren't even made. Luckily there were other people in the house so I didn't feel threatened, but I would only let him see downstairs. He brought his son back to see the house who told me his father was always doing this. So no sale then!:curse::curse:

Sending you Ks for good house selling luck.

Hi and Thanks for the welcome, I will fit in well as I am already demented due to the sale and we have only been on the marktet a couple of months,

Glad I am not the only one with the theory, I thought you would all think I was strange and a dirty so and so

Thanks for the K's and good selling luck.

Tracy
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tracy,

Just wanted to say hi and wish you all the best.

Good luck Spaceys, will keep everything crossed.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:20 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Jst had another viewing with new agent...thats second one and only just switched. It went really well and they are in good position so fingers crossed, should also be having another one next week and still waiting for feedback from viewing on monday please let out luck be in!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.