Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Sparky wife. Glad that viewing went so well. Apart from the blow torch comment. At least they had seen a good selection and thought yours was the best. How annoying they hadn't even got their house on the market. Maybe they are looking for an investment property rather than a home?? Here's hoping that it wasn't wasted effort, (especially with the hangover)

Same to you Bec, it might not happen straight away, but it is always worth showing people round in case they are in a position to buy later on. (Although you do have to be careful not to let 'tourists' in.:curse

See you both tomorrow!
Yeah, that's what we thought...an investment property. But according to the EA, no, they are looking to move. So will have to wait and see I guess.

Do you know what? (This is sooooo embarrassing!!! ) I didn't drink last night (went back to where I used to live so was driving) and woke up this morning feeling rubbish-the lack of sleep. I'm rubbish now without my shut eye so may have an afternoon nap.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully it will be nice weather like today and yesterday rather than the nasty rain.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Hi Sparky Wife,

Glad to hear your viewing went wellIt is really annoying when you find out that their's isn't even on the market yet though:curse:
Our sale is still on, early days yet though. The buyer has been texting me with their progress so they still seem very keen, fingers crossed!
Sale is with old EA and new EA said they would continue to market the property in case the sale went pear shaped, but only to send viewers who are in a position to buy. Good idea I thought. So why, nearly a week later, isn't our property on EA's website or Rightmove yet:curse: Hope we haven't picked a rubbish one. Hopefully it wont matter and this sale will go through, trying to stay positive this time
Can sympathise with your late night, we were at a wedding all day yesterday and didn't get in till 1am ourselves. Think I am getting too old to be drinking all day as still have a hangover now!!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:44 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Yeah, that's what we thought...an investment property. But according to the EA, no, they are looking to move. So will have to wait and see I guess.
NOOOOO!!!!!! I'd been keeping my fingers crossed for you

After the day I've had, I'll have a drink for you tonight
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dinky

It does sound like your buyers are very keen so hopefully it won't matter about your new EA. Still,can understand your frustration...our first lot were rubbish and it does wear you down. Karma is coming your way for a swift and smooth sale

Sounds like you had a fab day yesterday too; was the weather good where you were?

Hello Jennigee, thanks- it was a disappointment but such is life (have had a couple of glasses of wine...can you tell??"" ) Are you ok? You're down in Kent aren't you?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Evening everyone,

Glad you feel a bit better Sparky Wife - I bet the wine helps. There is a chance that they don't need to sell before buying. This is what all our viewers seem say they will do. Don't know if it's any help at all, but you could tell them that if they buy it, you will rent it back until you fly out.

Dinky - What a pain the new EA seems to be so slow. I wonder if you have gone to the bottom of the work pile now they think you won't be making any money for them???:curse: Fingers crossed that this won't cause you any problems as you will sell to the other people.

Well, our news is that we have another viewing next Saturday. The EA phoned this afternoon and I thought she was calling to cancel Monday's viewing with the phantom viewer, so it was a pleasant surprise to hear it was another viewing. Things must have started moving in the market again. Now I just have to keep the house clean between Monday and Saturday. Not possible!!

Last edited by Fly Away; Jan 26th 2008 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:07 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

good luck with th viewing fly away sending you some karma...and u too sparkly annoying isnt it they send people who havent sold their house!!

Well we are now officially under offer, they want to put deposit down to secure house as they love it and want to move quickly. Now we are in dilema...do we move back to rented house or put stuff in storage with shippers in hope we get visa and bunk at my brothers. we are still paying rent on that house until start of may...but i cant face living there... thats unless they find someone else to rent. Just seems like too much hassle for a couple of months getting utilitie sorted etc!! awww dilema
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
good luck with th viewing fly away sending you some karma...and u too sparkly annoying isnt it they send people who havent sold their house!!

Well we are now officially under offer, they want to put deposit down to secure house as they love it and want to move quickly. Now we are in dilema...do we move back to rented house or put stuff in storage with shippers in hope we get visa and bunk at my brothers. we are still paying rent on that house until start of may...but i cant face living there... thats unless they find someone else to rent. Just seems like too much hassle for a couple of months getting utilitie sorted etc!! awww dilema
YAY!!! That's great news!!: They sound ideal buyers. Genuinely want to buy and want to move in quickly.

It is a bit of a cunudrum you're in. When do you think your visa will come through? Do you like your brother?? Not sure what I'd do in your shoes - we will be here until July as OH has just signed another contract until then, (even though he was supposed to be winding the business down....) So we will have to go into a rental for that long. Although I may be able to persuade him otherwise....
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:32 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

get on well with my bro and family and they have offered to put us up.Or we could move in with mil...hmm not sure about that one We are august applicants... just waiting for co now medds and pccs done. Agent reckons we could have visa march/april time we were considering going in september but hoping to go june now...just seems silly if we move out end of march to move all our stuff to rented house sort out bills etc then pack it all up again a couple of months later.

Just wish i had crystal ball!!! help!!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
get on well with my bro and family and they have offered to put us up.Or we could move in with mil...hmm not sure about that one We are august applicants... just waiting for co now medds and pccs done. Agent reckons we could have visa march/april time we were considering going in september but hoping to go june now...just seems silly if we move out end of march to move all our stuff to rented house sort out bills etc then pack it all up again a couple of months later.

Just wish i had crystal ball!!! help!!
Is there any reason you can't go as soon as you get the visa apart from the house sale? If not, then I'd bunk up with your brother and fly out as soon as you can. I think Dorree Bonner (sp) do 2 months free storage in the UK, so you could put your stuff in a container and live out of suitcases for a month???
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oooooooh Fly Away....will be sending vibes for you! That's very positive news. I'm thinking maybe things are moving again as the papers are reporting that the stock market has gone back to where it was Monday morning before the dip. So hopefully, confidence is returning.

That's absolutely fantastic Ozziclare , know what you mean about the crystal ball, would be lush if we had access to one.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:00 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Kids! Weather! Dog! OH! Did I mention Kids! :curse::curse::curse:

How's everyone here?

Great news about the house ozzie really glad for you - for what it's worth, I'd go for the path of least resistance when the time comes to actually emigrate, i.e. move in with brother - less loose ends to tie up at the end then. But you will know what is best for you

Hi Fly Away - great you've got another viewer lined up - it's all a numbers game, the more people through the door the better - sooner or later someone will want it

There - I feel better already
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH y do EA allow peeps who are not on the market to view. Bloody carpet treaders. Good luck to all still waiting for that buyer to come along and offer the asking price.

Suexx
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi again eveyone,

Back on my daughters' lappy,so expect missed letters and no caps. LOL

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Oooooooh Fly Away....will be sending vibes for you! That's very positive news. I'm thinking maybe things are moving again as the papers are reporting that the stock market has gone back to where it was Monday morning before the dip. So hopefully, confidence is returning.

That's absolutely fantastic Ozziclare know what you mean about the crystal ball, would be lush if we had access to one.
Thanks Sparky W. I have trouble giving anyone on this thread any Ks as I must give loads out here.

Good news about the stock market. I haven't seen the news for 2 days. It just depresses me too much. they are always harping on about the housing market, trying to talk it down.

Send me a crystal ball too please!!

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Kids! Weather! Dog! OH! Did I mention Kids!

How's everyone here?

Great news about the house ozzie : really glad for you - for what it's worth, I'd go for the path of least resistance when the time comes to actually emigrate, i.e. move in with brother - less loose ends to tie up at the end then. But you will know what is best for you

Hi Fly Away - great you've got another viewer lined up - it's all a numbers game, the more people through the door the better - sooner or later someone will want it

There - I feel better already
Hi Jenni - what have your kids, dogs and weather done???

yup, agree, it's a numbers game - just got to get them and hope they fall in love with the house. this cleaning thing is getting me down though.

Originally Posted by suesk
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH y do EA allow peeps who are not on the market to view. Bloody carpet treaders. Good luck to all still waiting for that buyer to come along and offer the asking price.

Suexx
hi Sue,

Haven't seen you on here before. Have you had some time wasters?? You must be getting impatient now - you've had your visas for a couple of months.

Sending you some Ks to bring some genuine viewers to you.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

hi Sue,

Haven't seen you on here before. Have you had some time wasters?? You must be getting impatient now - you've had your visas for a couple of months.

Sending you some Ks to bring some genuine viewers to you.

Thanx Nic could do with some genuine peeps

Suexx
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by suesk

Thanx Nic could do with some genuine peeps

Suexx

We've had some right time wasters. Currently we have a woman who keeps booking to view and then cancelling just before the viewing. Then she books for the next week. She is booked for Monday. If she doesn't turn up this time we've told the agent we aren't interested any more.:curse:

Our EA told us to last week that the first time buyer market is shifting, so be patient and wait 2-4 weeks and viewers and buyers will be on the increase. Should be the same with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.